The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Read more

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#249744 Mar 14, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
US Army to Shrink to Pre-World War II Levels
The Obama administration plans to cut the U.S. Army to its smallest size since before World War II.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel called Monday for cutting the Army to between 440,000 and 450,000 troops, from the 570,000 troops it had grown to after the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
Hagel also said the Air Force's A-10 attack aircraft fleet will be eliminated, and the U-2 spy plane will be replaced by unmanned drones.
http://www.voanews.com/content/us-army-to-shr...
I'm sure there are some people that will use the growing tensions in Europe to push their own agenda and kill that idea, but all kidding aside, do you think we need such an oversized military when targeted cuts and newer technology could do a better job with a smaller force, or do we need to maintain such a large force?

Seriously interested in your opinion believe it or not.
Jose Maria Campos Verga

Los Angeles, CA

#249745 Mar 14, 2014
I Know Stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry your nervous little head off. I know for fact Obama is going to send your brother Bobby over (war hero that he is) to put Putin in his place and end this nonsense.
LOL
Ricos Grandma

Los Angeles, CA

#249746 Mar 14, 2014
I sure would like that Kerry guy to sit on my face
While LOL

Los Angeles, CA

#249747 Mar 14, 2014
Jose Maria Campos Verga wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
Shove your Verga up your Campos.
Ricos Grandma

Los Angeles, CA

#249749 Mar 14, 2014
I wish my retarded grandson would quit hangin out at jaxxsons hot tub,he has bad anal seepage

Level 6

Location hidden

#249750 Mar 14, 2014
Ricos Grandma wrote:
I wish my retarded grandson would quit hangin out at jaxxsons hot tub,he has bad anal seepage
If it's your grandson, he IS anal seepage.
Quirky

Denver, CO

#249751 Mar 14, 2014
Jose Maria Campos Verga wrote:
<quoted text>Frankentweeker? LOL.He looks like his beaty lil eyes are going to explode.Ol wimpy Kerry scares the world about as much as his limp wristed boss
Herman Munster

http://media.photobucket.com/user/vollisgood/... [term]=herman munster&filters[primary]=i mages&filters[secondary]=v ideos&sort=1&o=19

John Kerry

http://www.freakingnews.com/John-Kerry-Pics-6...
DEJA MOO

Santa Ana, CA

#249752 Mar 14, 2014
Ricos Grandma wrote:
I
wish my retarded grandson would quit hangin out at jaxxsons hot tub,he has bad anal seepage
There's seventeen cattle ranchs around the Tracy, Monteca, Stockton areas of California. If you ever drive thru on the I-5 you'll see what seems like oceans of cattle. These cattle are waiting for the Big Mac attack. It's kind of sad too, but makes you realize how much cattle is bred for this endeavor.
So whats the point? Well you must either work on one of these enterprises and have lots of idle time or your conscience is filling you head with guilt. And wasting your time on topix is your release valve.

“RELAX”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

#249753 Mar 14, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure there are some people that will use the growing tensions in Europe to push their own agenda and kill that idea, but all kidding aside, do you think we need such an oversized military when targeted cuts and newer technology could do a better job with a smaller force, or do we need to maintain such a large force?
Seriously interested in your opinion believe it or not.
History tells us that being unprepared for war is a huge mistake. After a war ends, politicians always look to gutting the force hoping to redistribute monies saved towards domestic programs and each time the force is gutted, another war breaks out somewhere forcing us to send untrained Americans to their deaths.

The funny thing is, those Americans who we wanted to help with the monies we saved by downsizing the military are the ones we send off to their deaths when the next war breaks out.

The costs of building up a gutted military is greater than the cost of maintaining a ready force. At the end of every war since WWI, America has sent her battle hardened veterans to the unemployment line and gutted the ranks of the military to a skeleton force filled with inexperienced privates looking to pay off their student loans led by inexperienced lieutenants fulfilling their ROTC obligations.
Hose B

Sterling, CO

#249755 Mar 14, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
Something else from that CNN poll...
Only 11% of Americans see Putin in a positive light, so when you run across these trolls on the net that see Putin as a hero, they are a very small minority.
"...Only 11% of those questioned say they have a positive view of Putin, with 68% saying they see him in a negative way.
"The numbers are pretty clear on the Russian president. Americans really don't like Vladimir Putin, whose unfavorable rating has jumped 14 points since early February," Holland added..."
Putin could give a half a shit as to what light Americans see him in. We have an IDJUT for a president who has never shown the world anything but WEAKNESS!!! Now reap it LIBTURDS!!!

“sunny day”

Since: Jan 14

in the mountains....

#249756 Mar 14, 2014
DEJA MOO wrote:
<quoted text>
There's seventeen cattle ranchs around the Tracy, Monteca, Stockton areas of California. If you ever drive thru on the I-5 you'll see what seems like oceans of cattle. These cattle are waiting for the Big Mac attack. It's kind of sad too, but makes you realize how much cattle is bred for this endeavor.
So whats the point? Well you must either work on one of these enterprises and have lots of idle time or your conscience is filling you head with guilt. And wasting your time on topix is your release valve.
Hey I've been by them oceans of cattle a few times what a view an smell that is and you would think they would move them back a few miles.....lol

Level 6

Location hidden

#249757 Mar 14, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
History tells us that being unprepared for war is a huge mistake. After a war ends, politicians always look to gutting the force hoping to redistribute monies saved towards domestic programs and each time the force is gutted, another war breaks out somewhere forcing us to send untrained Americans to their deaths.
The funny thing is, those Americans who we wanted to help with the monies we saved by downsizing the military are the ones we send off to their deaths when the next war breaks out.
The costs of building up a gutted military is greater than the cost of maintaining a ready force. At the end of every war since WWI, America has sent her battle hardened veterans to the unemployment line and gutted the ranks of the military to a skeleton force filled with inexperienced privates looking to pay off their student loans led by inexperienced lieutenants fulfilling their ROTC obligations.
Interesting.

I would like to see exactly what kind of force we would be left with after the proposed cuts, but considering the current state affairs it may be impossible to sell the idea that a smaller force could be a stronger force.

Thanks for the reply.
Hose B

Sterling, CO

#249758 Mar 14, 2014
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Before the start of World War II we had a bunch of peace at any cost fanatics that remembered World War I. The best way to get into a major war is not to be ready for one. That is exactley where we are now. I am not sure it is not planned. Were it not for Roosevelt we would all be GOOSTEPPING right now and you beaners were not part of the MASTER PLAN!!! Neither were you BLACKS!!! Putin has no respect for either. Take a good long hard think about it!!!
Barney Fwank n Beans

Murrieta, CA

#249759 Mar 14, 2014
Hose B wrote:
<quoted text>Putin could give a half a shit as to what light Americans see him in. We have an IDJUT for a president who has never shown the world anything but WEAKNESS!!! Now reap it LIBTURDS!!!
Bravo!!! Best post of the day

“RELAX”

Level 8

#249760 Mar 14, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
I would like to see exactly what kind of force we would be left with after the proposed cuts, but considering the current state affairs it may be impossible to sell the idea that a smaller force could be a stronger force.
Thanks for the reply.
A well trained force requires schoolhouses and instructors but it is the schoolhouses and instructors who are the first to go when the politicians decide to downsize the force.

A well led force requires experienced career Soldiers to provide continuity to the force but every act of downsizing in the history of the US Military, the career Soldiers are the ones encouraged to retire early and make a space for the midterm careerists who lack the knowledge, skills and experience to provide continuity to the force.

Monies could be saved by closing bases in high cost of living areas and moving troops to bases where the cost of living is much more affordable but politicians from those high cost of living states fight tooth and nail to keep their bases open.

Soldiers stationed in a low cost area like Fort Riley, KS get no Variable Housing Allowance because it is not needed to offset the cost of housing there while Soldiers stationed in California or Maryland are given a Variable Housing Allowance that exceeds their base pay because housing is so expensive there.

It would make sense to close down bases where Soldiers cannot afford to house their families but in the past, it has been the low cost of living areas that see the greatest downsizing and base closures.

Politics is the reason our military costs so much. Get the politicians out of the military spending and the costs to maintain a military goes way down.

We don't need more M1 Tanks says the military. Yes you do says the congressmen who's district builds M1 Tanks. We don't need C130 airplanes says the military. Yes you do says the senator from the state where C130's are built.

How much of the military spending is out of need and how much is wasted just to keep a politician's voters employed?
Quirky

Denver, CO

#249764 Mar 14, 2014
Saudi Arabia Deports Thousands of Illegal Ethiopian Workers

Saudi`s said it will make more jobs available for our Citizens.

http://learningenglish.voanews.com/content/et ...

“RELAX”

Level 8

#249765 Mar 14, 2014
Obama Administration Delays Yet Another Provision

The Obama administration delayed yet another provision of the Presidentís healthcare law: the provision that prevents companies from providing top executives with better health care plans than regular employees. The White House says that it will not enforce this provision until next year. As implementation continues, we see the Obama Administration quietly walk back many important provisions. This recent announcement is simply the latest.

http://americansforprosperity.org/legislative...

“RELAX”

Level 8

#249766 Mar 14, 2014
Obamacare Hurts Young People Most Of All

For many college students, their first taste of "the real world" is coming courtesy of the negative impacts of Obamacare. And for these young people, the taste is bitter as they come face-to-face with the reality that Obamacare is becoming the cause rather than the cure for many of their economic and healthcare woes.

Obamacare was sold to Ohioans as a means to make health care more affordable and more accessible. Unfortunately, this has not turned out to be the case. It fact this poorly-conceived and poorly executed law has had the opposite effect. Obamacare has been particularly devastating for young people who are being hurt in the short-term with reduced hours at work and lost job opportunities. In addition, these young people will be left holding the bag to pay for Obamacare in the long-term.

http://politix.topix.com/story/10899-obamacar...

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#249767 Mar 14, 2014
House Votes to Delay Obamacare Individual Mandate for a Decade
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
The House of Representatives has passed a bill that includes a delay in the Obamacare individual mandate for ten years. The bulk of the bill prevents massive cuts in Medicare payments to doctors.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#249768 Mar 14, 2014
Ukrainian Businessman Faces US Corruption Charge
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ukrainian-...
Federal prosecutors say one of Ukraine's most influential oligarchs faces a corruption charge in Chicago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Bush popular in GOP; Rubio, Walker have m... 27 min Abrahamanic Relig... 5
News Pew Researcher: Rate of Illegal Immigrant Males... 3 hr Earl 2
News Dairy farmers, in dire need of workers, feel he... 4 hr Who Guessed It 1
News Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 4 hr Earl 120
News Memo: Illegals To Receive Social Security,... 5 hr spud 139
News Senator Ted Cruz's Contradictory Position on Il... 10 hr Asian Guy 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 14 hr NuRidersoftheePur... 137,787
More from around the web