The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 409061 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249933 Mar 15, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you'll never give up this stupid argument, but you're wrong.
Murderers, rapist, child molesters...these people allow their senses to dictate their thoughts and actions.
The rest of us have the ability to reason.
Apples and oranges.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#249934 Mar 15, 2014
Do animals think?

"Of course they do," answers Marc Hauser, a Harvard professor of psychology. "How could they not think and manage to survive in the world?"

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/03.1...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#249935 Mar 15, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course animals think. They can even problem solve to a certain degree.
What POS doesn't understand is that animals rely on their senses and their instincts, human beings have the ability to reason.
Here's an example...
Yesterday, POS said he went ice fishing.
That fish saw the bait and its senses told it "that's food". It took the bait and snap, its life was over.
A human being seeing that bait would have the ability to reason, "yes, it may be food, but it's a trap".
The fish used its senses to dictate its thoughts and actions. The human being used logic and reason to override its senses.
Logic and reason should dictate our thoughts and actions.
Not the best example maybe, but it makes the point.
when i;m teaching people to fly fish, i tell them trout have two brain cells. one says 'eat'. one says 'don't eat'. you have to make your fly look real enough in presentation to light the 'eat' brain cell.

(i don't think fish really have a brain cells, just a central nervous system.)

St. Croix valley

#249936 Mar 15, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Not conclusive.
yes both my statements were conclusive.

animals can problem solve, that takes intelligence. i've seen octopus that can problem solve better than you obviously can., making my second statement also conclusive...

St. Croix valley

#249937 Mar 15, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are wrong.
Animals think. They make decisions. They can assess a threat, but they do all of that based merely on their senses and their instincts.
Human beings are more evolved and have the ability to reason.
At least most of us do. I'm starting to wonder about you.
you can find all levels of intelligence among animals. some can reason to a degree...
Hose B

Sterling, CO

#249938 Mar 15, 2014
Barney Fwank wrote:
<quoted text>At $5 per BJ you should rack in at least $40, unless you have that $3 rebate going
Looks like RICO took JOSE to work with him again this morning. And others!!! Start calling RICO SYBIL!!!

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#249939 Mar 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when i;m teaching people to fly fish, i tell them trout have two brain cells. one says 'eat'. one says 'don't eat'. you have to make your fly look real enough in presentation to light the 'eat' brain cell.
LOL...well all I know right now is that I have company coming this afternoon and I have things to do before they get here.

My senses are telling me to stay here a while and slap POS around with his own ignorance.

Logic tells me if I want to be ready when my guests arrive I have to go now.

Logic and reason win the day.

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#249940 Mar 15, 2014
When animals do it, it's "intelligence". When humans do it, it's racist.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249941 Mar 15, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are wrong.
Animals think. They make decisions. They can assess a threat, but they do all of that based merely on their senses and their instincts.
Human beings are more evolved and have the ability to reason.
At least most of us do. I'm starting to wonder about you.
I may be wrong but you aren't right either. There is no conclusive evidence whatsoever that any other animals besides humans actually think in the same way and in the same fashion that we humans actually do according to our definition of thinking.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249942 Mar 15, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the problem around here is deciding which one is the tool and which one is the fool.
Leave it to you, Jax to always focus on the "problem" but never on the solution. A notable characteristic of you far left loons.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249944 Mar 15, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...well all I know right now is that I have company coming this afternoon and I have things to do before they get here.
My senses are telling me to stay here a while and slap POS around with his own ignorance.
Logic tells me if I want to be ready when my guests arrive I have to go now.
Logic and reason win the day.
The above is a shining example of the mindset of today's progressive tool. A mixture of sheer stupidity and Saul Alinsky filtered through the verbiage of a twelve year old.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#249945 Mar 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when i;m teaching people to fly fish, i tell them trout have two brain cells. one says 'eat'. one says 'don't eat'. you have to make your fly look real enough in presentation to light the 'eat' brain cell.
I have to disagree. For instance.. A big bass in an over fished pond did not get that way by being stupid.

St. Croix valley

#249946 Mar 15, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I may be wrong but you aren't right either. There is no conclusive evidence whatsoever that any other animals besides humans actually think in the same way and in the same fashion that we humans actually do according to our definition of thinking.
i doubt any two thinking animals think in the same way...but that isn't what you stated...

nice back peddling. most real men just admit when they are wrong.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249947 Mar 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i doubt any two thinking animals think in the same way...but that isn't what you stated...
Most real men wouldn't accept inconclusive evidence as fact like you do.

St. Croix valley

#249948 Mar 15, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Most real men wouldn't accept inconclusive evidence as fact like you do.
When have i done that? it is not inconclusive that animals think and can do problem solving...

St. Croix valley

#249949 Mar 15, 2014
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree. For instance.. A big bass in an over fished pond did not get that way by being stupid.
you think fish think? really? with no brain? is it magic?
Der Kommissar

Los Angeles, CA

#249950 Mar 15, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
Rico answers my replies to rose and rose answers my replies to rico. Go figure.
POS and Quirky answer to each other..........it figures.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#249951 Mar 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i doubt any two thinking animals think in the same way...but that isn't what you stated...
Partisanship engulfs U.S. Congress effort to avoid doctor pay cut

By David Morgan and Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON Thu Mar 13, 2014

(Reuters)- A bipartisan deal in Congress to spare doctors from recurring Medicare pay cuts was in jeopardy on Thursday, as Republicans ignored protests from physicians and moved forward with legislation that would use the so-called "doc fix" to undermine Obamacare.

Hundreds of thousands of doctors who participate in traditional Medicare face a 24 percent pay cut on April 1, as part of a 1990s initiative to restrain federal spending on the government healthcare program, which today serves nearly 50 million elderly and disabled people.

Doctors thought they would see a permanent fix this year after Republicans and Democrats in the House of Representatives and Senate agreed on a policy to replace the payment formula, known as the sustainable growth rate or SGR, according to lobbyists, congressional aides and analysts.

But efforts to seal the deal broke down over how to fund its $138 billion cost over the next decade, and the doc fix appeared to be in danger of political oblivion as Republicans in the House and Senate pursued legislation that would pay for a solution with money from President Barack Obama's signature healthcare reform law.

The sudden partisan character of the doc fix debate brought an unusual public rebuke from the American Medical Association, one of the most powerful lobby groups, representing 225,000 physicians.

"I am writing to profess our profound disappointment that a strong bipartisan, bicameral effort to repeal the Medicare sustainable growth rate has become a victim of partisan approaches," Dr. James Madara, AMA's chief executive, said in a Thursday letter to House Speaker John Boehner and House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi.

"We renew our call for all parties to engage in good faith, bipartisan efforts to address the budgetary implications of this bill and enact it. We stand ready to work with you in this endeavor."

Other physician groups also expressed their displeasure over the partisan turn.

"It's a sad state of affairs," said Dr. Thomas Barber, a lobbyist for the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, which represents 16,000 physicians.

"To see something that was supported by both parties get shanghaied into the partisan politics of the day is very frustrating," he said.
(cont.)

Anything to undermine "Obamacare" without having a better plan waiting to replace it. How do you want to handle this? Thanks.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#249952 Mar 15, 2014
Sorry - link for the above post:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/13/us-...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249953 Mar 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think fish think? really? with no brain? is it magic?
Rose says differently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 10 min swampmudd 17,754
News California Dem: I Will Go to Jail to Resist Trump 19 min sarahjessica 3
News The Latest: DeVos says she'll take $1 as educat... 41 min Rainbow Kid 12
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 1 hr Treats5603 42
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr usa 14,850
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 2 hr Father Jeremy 450
News Obama executive orders may not survive under Pr... 4 hr Treats5603 7
More from around the web