The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 393243 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#249660 Mar 13, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
It's the so-called Americans from the far-right lunatic fringe that have failed this country, not the President.
I disagree completely!

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#249661 Mar 13, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans Have Found Their Dream Leader and His Name Is Vladimir Putin
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/10/republ...
Every movement, especially political movements, seeks a leader that champions its cause as a prototype that all members of the movement can point to as the ideal on which they are based and is regarded as the model or perfect first form. Because Republicans, as a political party, are fractured into different groups with relatively disparate goals, they have had a high degree of difficulty finding an archetype to represent both theocrats seeking to install the Christian bible as law of the land and neo-cons driven to dominate the world through military conquest. One might mistakenly assume that Republicans yearn for another Ronald Reagan as their archetype, but his record of cowardice in the face of terrorism, belief in the separation of church and state, and taxing and spending like a madman, his liberal record disqualifies any reiteration of him as the prototypical Republican champion. In fact, over the past twenty years, although Republicans cite Reagan as their idealized leader, they have never found a candidate in his image because even their man-god Reagan was not a prototypical conservative.
They don't want a leader. They want a dictator as long as he thinks EXACTLY like them about EVERYTHING. Thankfully, that will never happen.

That's why this is America and not Russia. Republicans don't know what they want anymore unless they can frame it in some form of Leave It To Beaver or The Donna Reed Show.

Dinosaurs are less extinct than these goofy right-wingnuts.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Vallejo, CA

#249662 Mar 13, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree completely!
You have that right and I respect it.

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#249663 Mar 13, 2014
The brutality of truth
http://www.newstalk.ie/The-brutality-of-truth
On the 8th of March 1917 women across Russia began a strike for political rights and an end to Russia’s involvement in the First World War and the starvation and suffering this was causing. This proved to be one of the major sparks for the February Revolution and soon Russia and the world was upturned as the ancient tsarist regime fell. Women found they had a political voice in this new regime and after the October Revolution International Women’s Day was made an official holiday in Russia.

“Unions are still scum ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#249664 Mar 13, 2014
It's the so-called Americans from the far-right lunatic fringe that have failed this country, not the President.
So you would put Cynthia Mckinney Democrat Congress in the same category as well, when she claimed Bush just wanted to make profits from 9/11? Please Rose, do not be a hypocrite about this.

“Try Reuters.”

Level 8

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#249665 Mar 13, 2014
Thank You, Tea Party
March 12, 2014 HBO

By Bill Maher

There’s a message I need to send loud and clear to the knuckle draggers who make up America’s Tea Party: thank you!

For years, Obama served them Social Security up on a platter with “Chained CPI,” which would have seriously reduced benefits for a lot of seniors who really need them. The Tea Party could have split the Democratic Party in two over this. All they needed to do was say,“yes.” But thank heavens, they’re immovable, unrealistic, uncompromising assholes. In Obama’s latest budget proposal, Chained CPI is now off the table. Now all the momentum is with progressives like Elizabeth Warren who want to expand Social Security.

With enemies like this, who needs friends?

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#249666 Mar 13, 2014
Inconvenient truths about Russia, US
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/03/12...
That being said, it is inconvenient to admit that Putin is acting no differently than many US presidents have acted. The United States invaded the Dominican Republic and Grenada using the phony excuse of protecting American citizens. The latter was condemned by the UN General Assembly as a violation of international law. From Russia’s point of view, President Clinton’s taking Kosovo away from Serbia was a violation of international norms.

Another not-so-convenient truth that Obama’s critics forget is that there are limits to American power and always have been. Neither the United States nor the European Union can physically coerce Russia into leaving Crimea. Russia may no longer be a superpower, but it’s strong enough to preclude any illusions of a military option. This is 2014, not 1914.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#249667 Mar 13, 2014
Cabelas wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mustad"...stoopid mountain girl. You should bid for an education.
I'm still waiting for your new and improved spelling of Mustad, du mb a z z.
Bonnie

Boise, ID

#249668 Mar 13, 2014
Ya know what I liked about this place? A bad judgit's only a click away.
do not be fooled

Toronto, Canada

#249669 Mar 14, 2014
Citizen org

Brooklyn, NY

#249670 Mar 14, 2014
do not be fooled wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hhYesKCVdB4XX
Something to ponder my friend.

----------

CNN BREAKING NEWS America Under Attack:
America Under Attack: FBI and State Police Cordon Off Debris Area Six to Eight Miles from Crater Where Plane Went Down
Aired September 13, 2001 - 11:43 ET / http://tinyurl.com/c26c3

DARYN KAGAN, CNN ANCHOR: Yes, we want to take our viewers live to Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Our Brian Cabell is standing by. This of course is the site where United Airlines flight 93 crashed on its way from Newark to San Francisco, crashed on Tuesday, and I understand, in this investigation, there's some breaking news.

Brian, what can you tell us?

BRIAN CABELL, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Well, Daryn, in the last hour or so, the FBI and the state police here have confirmed that have they cordoned off a second area about six to eight miles away from the crater here where plane went down. This is apparently another debris site, which raises a number of questions. Why would debris from the plane -- and they identified it specifically as being from this plane -- why would debris be located 6 miles away. Could it have blown that far away. It seems highly unlikely. Almost all the debris found at this site is within 100 yards, 200 yards, so it raises some question. We don't want to overspeculate of course. But there were some cell phone callers, one cell phone caller in particular, who said saw a bomb, or something that looked like a bomb with one of the hijackers. Also, the man who took over the plane apparently announced at one point, he had -- there was a bomb on board the plane.

Again, we don't want to speculate, we don't want to jump to conclusions. But what we do know is that there's a site about half mile behind me, where the plane went down, where most of the debris is, and then about six miles away up by a lake, there is another area that's been cordoned off, and state police and the FBI have said definitely there is debris from the plane located there. We have a crew on the way right now. We should have pictures of that a little bit later on.
BTW: DARYN KAGAN WAS RUSH “FROM DRUGS” LYING CORPORATIST LIMBAUGH’S GIRLFRIEND.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0109/1...

==========

Cable News Confidential:
FAIR Founder Jeff Cohen on his misadventures in corporate media
http://www.democracynow.org/2006/10/11/cable_...

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#249671 Mar 14, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows that you watch "Family Guy" over and over.
American Dad, Adventure Time, Regular show, Modern Family.... they all sure beat Dork Dynasty!!!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249672 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Your opinions are lies.
Your friends here do the most vulgar, abusive and hateful posting of anyone. I don't hate anyone here, but I dislike some because of their hateful ways. I have never seen you extend an "olive branch" to anyone ever.
You are not in charge of what people choose to discuss. The title of this thread has been exhausted a thousand times over and there is virtually nothing left to say, and people discuss all manner of things here whether you like it or not.
You're an idiot in my opinion and extremely insecure.
Now stop harassing and stalking me, weirdo.
You are obsessed with me Get over it already. It's just that some don't agree with you.....
Some here like like the libs like you never once contribute anything to the main topic. EVER . Some harbor a lot of hate for those that support american values. That's for sure.
That is the way I see it because they hate virtual entities that do. There are several hundred people that know me personally that use topix and know my handle who know I am not who or what these haters may say about me. On several occasions I have tried to extend an olive branch to these and others like them whom I oppose but do not hate and they continuously resort to the same hate.... All to a virtual entity without ever discussing topic at all. This proves that they are the haters and the non believers. They hide under my bridge right here. LOL.
That is why they can't see that the president is failing us, like you rose?
You don't know my friends well enough to make any opinions about them at all.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249673 Mar 14, 2014
Agents of Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Technology Worsening Our Basic Restlessness?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nancy-colier/is...
The information age is to the human mind what the age of debauchery was to the human id. Our mind, jacked up on information, images, games, communication and all the other stuff that technology provides, is becoming an impulsive beast that has to be fed continuously. Previous to this explosion in technology, we, the larger awareness behind the beast, acted as its master, and determined when, if, and how it was fed. Because the mind wanted to research travel deals at midnight did not mean we had to get up and do it. Now, however, it's flipped; the beast has got us in the cage and it is we who run around behind it serving its continual demands.
Good point!

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#249674 Mar 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> You are obsessed with me Get over it already. It's just that some don't agree with you.....
Some here like like the libs like you never once contribute anything to the main topic. EVER . Some harbor a lot of hate for those that support american values. That's for sure.
That is the way I see it because they hate virtual entities that do. There are several hundred people that know me personally that use topix and know my handle who know I am not who or what these haters may say about me. On several occasions I have tried to extend an olive branch to these and others like them whom I oppose but do not hate and they continuously resort to the same hate.... All to a virtual entity without ever discussing topic at all. This proves that they are the haters and the non believers. They hide under my bridge right here. LOL.
That is why they can't see that the president is failing us, like you rose?
You don't know my friends well enough to make any opinions about them at all.
Good morning ya little nutburger.

You bait for replies and then complain about being stalked when you get them.

They should change the name this thread to "Posit's bridge to nowhere".

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249675 Mar 14, 2014
It's the uninformed left that elected Obama.
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#249676 Mar 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>It's the uninformed left that elected Obama.
The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.
says the fool that continually shows no idea of how our nation works...

the irony meter just exploded.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249677 Mar 14, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning ya little nutburger.
You bait for replies and then complain about being stalked when you get them.
They should change the name this thread to "Posit's bridge to nowhere".
Good morning Jax.
I am just getting ready to drop a line. serioiusly I am ice fishing and I am walking on water and posting to you through a private network linked to the internet through a transponder.
Its funny that you mentioned "baiting" but I do that too on occassion just like you do. Ain't it fun? Only difference is that all of what I post is under the moniker "positronium" and I can't say the same for you.
You can walk on my bridge if you like. You actually do and quite well I would say. I love the mincing, especially when you wear those sparkly socks.
What are you doing today when you finally get to the other side of my bridge.
I might start working on a still.
Lotta corn around here.
See ya later. The firm says hi.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249678 Mar 14, 2014
Look over the edge and you will see rose, Jax.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Trump 2016 and beyond

#249679 Mar 14, 2014
Hi Rose (yells down)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 2 min Trumpenstein 39
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 5 min Memo From Turner 7,151
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min Maria 7,561
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 19 min leprechauna 142,207
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 21 min drumpf LOL 91
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 2 hr YouDidntBuildThat 4
News Hundreds of undocumented immigrants removed fro... 2 hr tomin cali 1
More from around the web