The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 395612 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#243243 Feb 13, 2014
We Be Rappin Now wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to be part of the movement. I didn't even ask you to. Go play with you chicken.
There is no movement.

Just you.

He*l, you couldn't even get Quirky onboard with your hair-brained scheme.

How do you expect to convince a nation that overwhelmingly supports legal status that we should kill them instead?

Not gonna happen.

Four or five days on this. Three days on the impeachment thing.

OCD much?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#243244 Feb 13, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>They are sitting in Congresses lap where they have been from the time President Obama requested them.
BO requested jobs from Congress? Really, the House or the Senate?

I see you're going to continue to deny the numerous jobs bills passed by the House that are sitting on Reid's desk where he refuses to even bring them to the Senate?

You may be civil, but you are not honest.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#243245 Feb 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
BO has failed, no jobs , no economic recovery. The 1% are doing well however.
Let's hear your mature and intelligent reasons why and try to do it without blaming someone else.
There are jobs and more being created all the time. The economy is recovery and will continue to do so.

The 1% will always be doing well. Nothing new about that.

Obama didn't create the economy. I'm sure you don't grasp that simple concept however.

You don't tell the truth, but then you seldom do.

“you know i know”

denver

#243246 Feb 13, 2014
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
Dr. Seuss
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/d/d...
What's funny is how libs continue to blindly support the failure and proven liar BO.

BTW, I make up my own funnies and I'm a little past the Cat in the Hat.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#243247 Feb 13, 2014
<recovering.....>

Why is it that the far right are always such doomsdayers without an ounce of hope in their attitudes?

Such very negative people in my opinion. It's almost as though have always WANTED Obama to fail, so they perpetuate that lie as often as they can hoping it will stick.

Ya' think?

“you know i know”

denver

#243249 Feb 13, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the comment you replied to was about non-whites (I believe it was African-Americans in particular) having too many kids.
You replied by saying it was their "culture".
If you were talking about the culture of poverty you forgot to mention that part.
I wasn't the one that made it about race. You and the idiot you replied to did that.(Please note that I called the other guy an idiot, not you)
I simply pointed out what a stupid and prejudiced thing that was to say.
Driving thru the 'hood today and what do I see laying on the lawn of some crappy rental?

An empty 58" television box. Priorities.

“you know i know”

denver

#243250 Feb 13, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
Dems continue push on income inequality heading into election cycle.
Democrats seek to force Republicans to vote on U.S. minimum wage
Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives unveiled plans on Thursday to try to force Republicans to move on President Barack Obama's stalled bid to raise the federal minimum wage.
Democratic leaders said they would circulate a "discharge petition," which, if signed by half of the House's 435 members, would require Republicans to bring the measure up for a vote.
Democrats admitted that it would be an uphill battle to muster the needed signatures in the House, which is held by Republicans 232-200, with three vacancies.
But they noted that polls show that about 75 percent of Americans support an increase in the minimum wage, and that many Republican lawmakers have said they are open to it.
http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-seek-force-re...
Another red herring to mask Mr. Potato Heads failures, wise up.

Level 6

Location hidden

#243251 Feb 13, 2014
Wisconsin State Lawmakers Launch Effort To Repeal Gay Marriage Ban

Democrats in the Wisconsin state legislature launched an effort to repeal the state's constitutional ban on marriage equality Thursday, as a legal challenge makes its way through the court system.

“A growing majority of Wisconsinites believe the ban on marriage equality does not reflect their belief in how the state should recognize our families,” said state Sen. Tim Carpenter (D), who is openly gay and the lead sponsor of the new legislation, in a statement.“We believe that it is time to give the people of our state the opportunity to remove unwanted constitutional barriers to marriage equality.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/wisc...

An October poll by Maquette University Law School found that 53 percent of Wisconsinites back same-sex marriage.

Level 6

Location hidden

#243252 Feb 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Driving thru the 'hood today and what do I see laying on the lawn of some crappy rental?
An empty 58" television box. Priorities.
Making just a few assumptions along the way aren't you?

“you know i know”

denver

#243253 Feb 13, 2014
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad he's not an American born citizen. I'd vote for him to be the next president of the U.S., but I guess in the future we will get to vote for an anchor.
Cruz is every bit as eligible as BO was. And he's not a commie.

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#243254 Feb 13, 2014
10 Signs the Economy Is Improving

by Ed Grabianowski

Although some economists declared the most recent recession over in June 2009, the mortgage crisis, fluctuating gas prices, a shaky stock market and other complex economic issues continue to drag down both the U.S. and global economies. The beginning of 2011, however, has shown market watchers signs of hope. Commercial sales are on the rise and unemployment is somewhat down.

Economists and financial analysts can predict some of these market fluctuations, but the economy is like an incredibly complex machine that's missing the owner's manual. There are so many variables and factors affecting the deeply interconnected web of worldwide economies that even the most experienced economist can only take educated attempts at fiscal prognostication. Instead of reading tea leaves or looking for signs in the stars, we can look for evidence of real economic recovery. Here are 10 signs that the U.S. economy is gaining back the ground it lost during the recession.

Rise in Expensive Equipment Sales

Any sales increase is a positive sign for the economy, but sales of high-end equipment are especially important. In the technology sector, large servers and other expensive electronic equipment have increased. The purchase of specialized medical testing equipment by hospitals and labs has also increased from the end of 2010 through early 2011.....(cont.)

Housing Prices No Longer in Freefall

Advertising Sales Are Growing

Factory Production is Increasing

Record Corporate Profits

The Recovery of Retail Sales

Unemployment May Be Declining

Jobs are Gaining …Slowly

The Weak Dollar

Economists Say It’s Improving

(Continued)

http://money.howstuffworks.com/10-signs-the-e...

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#243255 Feb 13, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
More like no one is interested in your latest stupidity, girlie girl
Who asked you, stalker? Why are you posting to me? Didn't you ask me not to post to you?

“you know i know”

denver

#243256 Feb 13, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz is an attention seeking moron and he's playing the far right like a fiddle, but if you're cool with that, give it your best shot. He's going nowhere.
Nice touch with the "anchor" thing.
If by anchor you meant "natural born citizen" then yes, there is a good chance that one day you may have that opportunity because unlike Ted Cruz, those children are in fact legally qualified to be President of the United States.
Serious question, if he runs, would you vote for him in the primary even knowing he wasn't born here? Just curious.
You're an attention seeking homo who's boring us with your queer baiting posts.

I keep on dancing

dancing and a prancing lmao

Level 9

Fremont, CA

#243257 Feb 13, 2014
Improved U.S. Growth Lifts Inflation as Claims Drop: Economy

By Jeanna Smialek and Victoria Stilwell Jan 16, 2014

The consumer-price index rose 0.3 percent in December, the biggest gain in six months, as fuel and rents climbed, figures from the Labor Department showed today in Washington. Claims for jobless benefits dropped last week to the lowest level since November, the Bloomberg Consumer Comfort Index (COMFCOMF)’s monthly expectations gauge improved to a five-month high and manufacturing picked up in January, other reports showed.

The expansion “is gaining speed and breadth at the same time, which makes it more sustainable,” said Joe Carson, director of global economic research at AllianceBernstein LP/USA in New York.“We’re now seeing consumption, housing and investment all moving in the same direction, along with exports. That’s a very favorable backdrop.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-16/cost...

Level 8

Location hidden

#243258 Feb 13, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
I read up that Bill Clinton is campaigning for a Female Democrat in Kentucky in hopes of taking out Mitch the bit*h McConnell. Looks like his approval ratings are so weak that Democrats are going in for the kill.
Republicans as of lately have been dying like flies. Lets hope that the people of Kentucky wake up and vote that cretin out.
Former President Bill Clinton — known as the “Big Dog”— will come to Louisville this month for a campaign event for [Alison Lundergan Grimes], who is running for the U.S. Senate and trying to topple Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.
“We are very excited to have President Clinton coming into town to make his first campaign stop of this election cycle,” Grimes said in an interview Friday.
“I was elated when he called and said he wanted to make this race his top priority,” she said.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/07/1275...
It really seems that the Clintons, especially Bill is revered by America and the Pubs just HAAATE it. LOL!

Too bad.

So sad.

;)

Level 6

Location hidden

#243259 Feb 13, 2014
They're falling like domino's...

Virginia ban on marriage equality struck down!

Federal Judge Strikes Down Virginia Gay Marriage Ban

A federal judge ruled Virginia's ban on gay marriage unconstitutional late Thursday evening.

From the ruling:

The Court finds Va. Const. Art. I,§ 15-A, Va. Code §§ 20-45.2, 20-45.3, and any other Virginia law that bars same-sex marriage or prohibits Virginia's recognition of lawful same-sex marriages from other jurisdictions unconstitutional. These laws deny Plaintiffs their rights to due process and equal protection guaranteed under the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.

According to the ruling, the constitutional right to equality should apply to all, including same-sex couples seeking marriage licenses.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/virg...

Virginia's Republican Attorney General has declared his support for marriage equality on constitutional grounds...

"After thorough legal review, I have now concluded that Virginia's ban on marriage between same sex couples violates the Fourteenth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution on two grounds: marriage is a fundamental right being denied to some Virginians, and the ban unlawfully discriminates on the basis of both sexual orientation and gender," Herring said in January.

Level 8

Location hidden

#243260 Feb 13, 2014
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Right wingers live in a fantasy world where they allow their ignorance & paranoia to simply make things up & call it truth.
Facts don't matter to these cretins.
So true.

“you know i know”

denver

#243261 Feb 13, 2014
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
There are jobs and more being created all the time. The economy is recovery and will continue to do so.
The 1% will always be doing well. Nothing new about that.
Obama didn't create the economy. I'm sure you don't grasp that simple concept however.
You don't tell the truth, but then you seldom do.
I always tell the truth, unlike the liar in chief BO.

You're in denial, the economy sucks and once again the number of people applying for unemployment has risen, how does that square with your claims there are jobs and more are being created?

Why is Harry Reid sitting on numerous jobs bills passed by the House, both parties, and why does BO never mention them?

finally, it's reported the 1%''s wealth has increased more under BO than any other president, why is that? maybe the hundreds of billions the Fed has been handing out? That have not created jobs?

Level 8

Location hidden

#243262 Feb 13, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
I can stand and look across the Ohio river and see the free world from here in Indianaland.
It's progress!
Society is having the wool removed from their eyes. All that's left that oppose equality are, of course, the far right bigots, like Quirky and Harmonious/Sage won.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#243263 Feb 13, 2014
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz is an attention seeking moron and he's playing the far right like a fiddle, but if you're cool with that, give it your best shot. He's going nowhere.
Nice touch with the "anchor" thing.
If by anchor you meant "natural born citizen" then yes, there is a good chance that one day you may have that opportunity because unlike Ted Cruz, those children are in fact legally qualified to be President of the United States.
Serious question, if he runs, would you vote for him in the primary even knowing he wasn't born here? Just curious.
Of course I wouldn't vote for him. I wouldn't vote for an anchor either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min barefoot2626 10,345
News Hillary Clinton's Felonious Friends in Virginia 13 min JEAN LAWSON 5
News 5 Words Trump Forgot to Say in First Debate 41 min Sniffles McPoopyhead 2
News GOP's nightmare: An Independent Donald Trump (Jul '15) 1 hr swedenforever 27
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Just Slim 142,651
The Latino Vote (Jun '08) 3 hr DidHillaryTrollTrump 813
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 3 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11,264
More from around the web