RNC Calls for Immigration Reform, but...

RNC Calls for Immigration Reform, but No Pathway to Citizenship

There are 484 comments on the WAPI-AM Birmingham story from Aug 16, 2013, titled RNC Calls for Immigration Reform, but No Pathway to Citizenship. In it, WAPI-AM Birmingham reports that:

The Republican National Committee passed a resolution Friday calling on President Obama and Congress to pass immigration reform legislation before the end of the year, but it did not include a pathway to citizenship for any of the 11 million undocumented immigrants in this country, unlike the bipartisan legislation passed by the Senate in June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAPI-AM Birmingham.

bob

Phoenix, AZ

#533 Sep 1, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree. Those lawbreakers could stay if they paid a fine, register with the government and do not have a criminal record. They could have work permits but never be citizens since they jumped the line and prevented those legally waiting for immigration to come.
Their children born here, are citizens. Their children under 18, not born here, should have a path to citizenship.
They don't want to be citizens unless it means not being deported . They are all citizens of other countries and will always be . duel citizenship . To get into Mexico now you nee a passport unless you CMexican , then just walk right in . Bring your money .

Adam 36
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#535 Sep 1, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>They don't want to be citizens unless it means not being deported . They are all citizens of other countries and will always be . duel citizenship . To get into Mexico now you nee a passport unless you CMexican , then just walk right in . Bring your money .
Of course they do. Obamaphones, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Section 8, Food Stamps...

Not giving them citizenship for violating the law would negate all that.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#536 Sep 1, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do. Obamaphones, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Section 8, Food Stamps...
Not giving them citizenship for violating the law would negate all that.
They get that now and no responsibility. Except Medicare/Medicaid . But they have the E.R. This way if they pay into SS with a stolen ID. The Government never has to pay anyone . And they get to use that hidden money for parties , raises and bonouses for themselves . We never know .
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#537 Sep 1, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, the only way is to solve this is to prevent them from becoming citizens and gaming the system with its concomitant benefits. Hopefully that will stop future immigrants ONLY AFTER the border is closed which I did not initially indicate.
Thing is they wont secure the border . They never have . Their just being here and not removed is telling others they can come . illegals have repeatedly crossed over and over again . Its a swinging door. My understanding is they don't count repeats. We gave in once in 1986 . so they think we will keep giving in they just have to be here when we do. That's why we have 30 million illegals now. Just been waiting . America is soft. More will get in any way they can and have anchors . The 14 Amendment needs changed we know what they are doing and why . They plan this . They use our laws against us. Make 30 million legal and you will soon have 60 million hop the fence to try to get legal. They never have to give up their home country citizenship . They can go back when ever they want . Their country will take them in. You really think 30 million illegals are working on farms????
Brenda besson

United States

#538 Sep 2, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>Thing is they wont secure the border . They never have . Their just being here and not removed is telling others they can come . illegals have repeatedly crossed over and over again . Its a swinging door. My understanding is they don't count repeats. We gave in once in 1986 . so they think we will keep giving in they just have to be here when we do. That's why we have 30 million illegals now. Just been waiting . America is soft. More will get in any way they can and have anchors . The 14 Amendment needs changed we know what they are doing and why . They plan this . They use our laws against us. Make 30 million legal and you will soon have 60 million hop the fence to try to get legal. They never have to give up their home country citizenship . They can go back when ever they want . Their country will take them in. You really think 30 million illegals are working on farms????
we have to change all that.this country is going to hell,we have to get a president who will close the border,vote republican.
Brenda besson

United States

#539 Sep 2, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree but the photos of crying families being separated will serve no one but Democrats who pander to to their future constituents and the LSM.
We got rolled when the Democrats promised Reagan to close the border. Let's make sure it never happens again.
democrats are insane at the moment,obama is doing a bad bad job of running the country,they are going to turn on him soon.well call me a bitch but those kids and parents crying,does not make me feel bad.no way should this country go to hell over people with no common sense,amnesty will never happen.obama in my mind will be leaving shortly.all these birth rights and loopholes need to be changed.these people need to go back to mexico.its not worth all the trouble and money this will cost america.we cant not be everyones mother not our problem.if you cant take care of yourself and your kids dont have them.cry away as you get the hell out,take the kids bye
Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#540 Sep 2, 2013
Secure the border then detect, detain, and deport all illegal aliens and visa overstays without exception. And don't forget to go after those that employ illegal aliens.

Adam 36
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#542 Sep 2, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>They get that now and no responsibility. Except Medicare/Medicaid . But they have the E.R. This way if they pay into SS with a stolen ID. The Government never has to pay anyone . And they get to use that hidden money for parties , raises and bonouses for themselves . We never know .
DIsagree. The majority get paid off the books and never pay any taxes including SS but drain the system of services. And people wonder why their property taxes funding schools are high.

Adam 36
Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#543 Sep 2, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text>democrats are insane at the moment,obama is doing a bad bad job of running the country,they are going to turn on him soon.well call me a bitch but those kids and parents crying,does not make me feel bad.no way should this country go to hell over people with no common sense,amnesty will never happen.obama in my mind will be leaving shortly.all these birth rights and loopholes need to be changed.these people need to go back to mexico.its not worth all the trouble and money this will cost america.we cant not be everyones mother not our problem.if you cant take care of yourself and your kids dont have them.cry away as you get the hell out,take the kids bye
I think once they now they could never qualify for citizenship they will leave. Remember we are a nation of immigrants, legal ones. And that is the point worth emphasizing. The quislings we have in Congress will never deport anyone. IMO the best way is to block citizenship. Once that is accomplished with the border secure, the problem will become less of an issue.
Brenda besson

United States

#544 Sep 2, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think once they now they could never qualify for citizenship they will leave. Remember we are a nation of immigrants, legal ones. And that is the point worth emphasizing. The quislings we have in Congress will never deport anyone. IMO the best way is to block citizenship. Once that is accomplished with the border secure, the problem will become less of an issue.
good sounds nice to me,anyway the want to leave would work for me,i have nothing against people who want to come here legally.but a 30million invasion just crazy,deamanding things they are not even entitled to have.
ima- Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#546 Sep 2, 2013
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> then why reply BITCH!!!! Get off the sak.
Why? WELL....poster with millions of aliasis just to get under your skin FOR ANSWERING YOUR OWN POST! lol! lol! PLEESE GO INTO CARDIAC ARREST,.... PLEESE LOL!
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#551 Sep 2, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> we have to change all that.this country is going to hell,we have to get a president who will close the border,vote republican.
Im not sure enen that will work at this point . They both want the vote . it seems Dems more. Republicans want to at least give them Americans jobs and stay here but not the right to vote . That is about all the exclusive rights citizens have left . Like it helps anything. illegals can vote too. in some states with ID. They are destroying us from within and our Government is helping them . Why??????Do they think the illegals will accept them ??? So all reps be Mexican . Are laws say so minorities first .
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#552 Sep 2, 2013
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> I dream of finding YOU! But its always hard to find a coward. Or a puercorican. Rogelio dildo? That old f**k! Is on his way OUT.so leave that old hag out of you're problems before you kill him pendejo. he's the only hope skin heads have now. He hates your grandmas skin color.
It's only hard to find someone when you refuse to show up.It must be hard to board a plane because of your illegal Alien status.stop making threats you can't back up.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#554 Sep 2, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
DIsagree. The majority get paid off the books and never pay any taxes including SS but drain the system of services. And people wonder why their property taxes funding schools are high.
thought you said earlier that they could not get services because they are illegal ??? Now you say they are off the books and getting services .As I said : illegals still get benefits . Yes people know why their property taxes are high . Figure x amount of kids in school have to be paid for by those working but they go by numbers no who's kids they are . So people are working for people that are not on the books . per law they have to let the kids go to school not never as if they are citizens or not . How can they assume all the kids all legal and their parents are paying taxes for them to go to school?? The schools get more money for the numbers . So the school board and those high up can make their big bucks . and students do with bare minimum. We have to pay for special classes for illegals that cant speak English. These kids ubder 18 and will be taking jobs from US citizens and its going to get worse . More are coming everyday. They take jobs in factories , Any any place that will high them at a low wage you cant live on unless you get welfare and who pays for welfare the taxpayers the few that have good jobs . But even the poor pay a tax. they have no shelters . The CEOs are making big bucks by hiring the cheapest labor they can find. Illegals , because our Government lets them into the country. The boys in Washington do not care they are not subject to the laws they make . Ie Obama care they do not have it do not want it . I wonder why???? Cause it sucks!!!!!!!!!!They pay nothing for their healthcare . Taxpayers do.
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#555 Sep 2, 2013
mexican pride lll wrote:
<quoted text> then why reply BITCH!!!! Get off the sak.
I knew it all along.Frito the mariconsito got tired of me pushing him to back up his threats so she changed her name to mexicunt pride to continue her rants.I am the mojado with a dead u.s citizen father slayer.
Brenda besson

United States

#557 Sep 2, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>Im not sure enen that will work at this point . They both want the vote . it seems Dems more. Republicans want to at least give them Americans jobs and stay here but not the right to vote . That is about all the exclusive rights citizens have left . Like it helps anything. illegals can vote too. in some states with ID. They are destroying us from within and our Government is helping them . Why??????Do they think the illegals will accept them ??? So all reps be Mexican . Are laws say so minorities first .
ok I dont see anything like that happening I really dont see republicans caring.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#558 Sep 2, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> ok I dont see anything like that happening I really dont see republicans caring.
Have you read this bill??? Its not dead yet and they wrote it . its what they think They have turned on the American people.
Brenda besson

United States

#559 Sep 2, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>Have you read this bill??? Its not dead yet and they wrote it . its what they think They have turned on the American people.
I read some of the pork bill,but thats why its dead its so full of crap so that senate bill is dead,now they say it has to have pathway,i dont see the republicans giving pathway.we will have to see ,but I dont see anything like that,happening.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#560 Sep 2, 2013
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree but the photos of crying families being separated will serve no one but Democrats who pander to to their future constituents and the LSM.
We got rolled when the Democrats promised Reagan to close the border. Let's make sure it never happens again.
Democrats or neocons will never secure our border. They will promise a lot of things but they will always have their loophole where they can wiggle out like the weasels they are. The Republicans had their chance to pass Everify but Boehner stonewalled it. If the Republicans don't get rid of the neocons, and their whole leadership is neocons, we will eventually end up with an amnesty and our middle class will disappear.
drinK the hiVe

Anonymous Proxy

#561 Sep 2, 2013
Don't Twist The Right Word - "Illegal Immigration Reform"...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State of the Statehouse: Court's deadlock on im... 3 min Think Again 2
News Asians, many out of shame, not seeking U.S. dep... 5 min Synque 30
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 41 min kuda 248
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 51 min Memo From Turner 3,322
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 hr ImFree2Choose 631
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Just Think 6,619
News Adios, Three Amigos: Obama heads to last summit... 1 hr BREXIT STRATEGY 1
More from around the web