Gun control rejected in big blow to O...

Gun control rejected in big blow to Obama

There are 9 comments on the The Hill story from Apr 17, 2013, titled Gun control rejected in big blow to Obama. In it, The Hill reports that:

The Senate delivered a devastating blow to President Obama's agenda Wednesday by defeating a bipartisan proposal that would have expanded background checks on gun sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hill.

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Again, gun control is a steady hand.
nym8387

Washington, DC

#2 Apr 17, 2013
Democrats killed bill because Americans are putting some real heat om them,to hell with Obama.
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Frist guns then immigration,Obama needs to protect the American people or suffer humiliation after humiliation.
Post Turtle

Salem, AR

#4 Apr 18, 2013
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#5 Apr 18, 2013
It is good to know that at least when the spot light is on them some politicians do listen to the voters. I wonder if they think more people oppose gun control than oppose amnesty for millions of criminal aliens.
In the mean time we are in year 5 of the Great Recession. It is the old pick pocket trick. Distract the victim while you put your hand in his pocket.
halley

United States

#6 Apr 18, 2013
Big blow to Obama? A big blow to Americans and their children who will be killed by gun violence. Who make it about Obama?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#8 Apr 18, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
I have no problem with background checks but it was sure nice to see obama throw a hissy fit..lol
Cant wait till he sees what happens with the illegal aliens.
Dont know why 8 jackasses think they can make the decision on what is going to happen with illegal aliens.
I think the republicans are seeing that they are expected not to cave. They wont get the racist vote even if they grant amnesty. The latinos will still vote Democrat.
And all Democrats (except for the racist latinos, they have their own agenda) should be telling their representatives, to set up self deportation measures. Its an American issue not a Democrat vs Republican issue.
That was my point. Many people voted for Obama for many reasons but not all support him on all the issues. Just because you are pro-choice or support gay marriage does not mean you support amnesty for millions of criminals or oppose the right to bare arms. It may not be stereo typical but gays do own guns and hunt and many who voted for Obama do want to work and do not want their wages reduced and their jobs lost because of illegal aliens. Many voted for Obama because they feared their unemployment would run out. Do you think they want people who came here illegally granted amnesty after putting them out of work? The media wants you to think that all groups think alike but the truth is even the majority of Obama supporters do not support amnesty under the terms that “Latino rights” groups are demanding. There are those who are in this country illegally and do deserve a chance to become legal but those that came here illegally should have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than becoming a citizen.
nym8387

Lawrence, MA

#9 Apr 18, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
I have no problem with background checks but it was sure nice to see obama throw a hissy fit..lol
Cant wait till he sees what happens with the illegal aliens.
Dont know why 8 jackasses think they can make the decision on what is going to happen with illegal aliens.
I think the republicans are seeing that they are expected not to cave. They wont get the racist vote even if they grant amnesty. The latinos will still vote Democrat.
And all Democrats (except for the racist latinos, they have their own agenda) should be telling their representatives, to set up self deportation measures. Its an American issue not a Democrat vs Republican issue.
I agree.I'm not one to believe polls,but even a recent poll concluded that a slight majority of hispanic Americans (53%) do not support amnesty
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#10 Apr 18, 2013
halley wrote:
Big blow to Obama? A big blow to Americans and their children who will be killed by gun violence. Who make it about Obama?
Obama

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 5 min woodtick57 7,826
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 9 min drumpf LOL 160
News Trump Takes Stage with Iowa Family of Murdered ... 17 min Wildchild 1
News Trump Goes Back To Original Immigration Positio... 19 min Wildchild 1
News On illegal immigration, Trump supporters have v... 28 min Wildchild 9
News Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusi... 32 min Wildchild 7
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr leprechauna 142,236
More from around the web