Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal...

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 879 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

freebird

Long Beach, CA

#968 Mar 17, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
So let me guess, Native Americans stole America from Europeans a long time ago right?[LOL] That is laughable. Why do I keep hearing people throw this theory up. Europeans had Europe, be proud to be from your homeland.
Nobody said that the Europeans were here before the NA. ROTFLMAO!!!
cricket23

Manhattan, KS

#970 Mar 18, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
"Who did the Native Americans take the land from??"
Well Cricket23 I would say the Natives took it from no-one; who do you think the Natives took it from, and why?
Quote:

Conventional wisdom says that Native Americans descended from prehistoric hunters who walked from northeast Asia across a land bridge, formed at the end of the Ice Age, to Alaska some 12,000 years ago. American Indians resemble the people of Mongolia, China and Siberia.

In the 1930s, archeologists found stone spear points among the bones of mammoths near Clovis, New Mexico. Radio carbon dating in the 1950s showed that the oldest site was 11,400 years old. The sites were assumed, for years, to be the first evidence of human occupation in the Americas.

But more recent discoveries challenge the Clovis story. In 1996,
archeologists in southern Chile found weapons and tools dating back 12,500 years. In Brazil, they found some of the oldest human remains in the Americas, among them a skeleton-named Luzia-that is more than 11,000 years old.

Luzia did not look like American Indians. Instead, her facial features matched most closely with the native Aborigines in Australia. These people date back to about 60,000 years and were themselves descended from the first humans who probably originated in Africa.

The researchers believe Luzia was part of a people, referred to as
"Paleoamericans," who migrated into the Americas-possibly even by boat-long before the Mongoloid people. These Paleoamericans may later have been wiped out by or interbred with Mongoloids invading from the north.
cricket23

Manhattan, KS

#971 Mar 18, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
So let me guess, Native Americans stole America from Europeans a long time ago right?[LOL] That is laughable. Why do I keep hearing people throw this theory up. Europeans had Europe, be proud to be from your homeland.
Read post above.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#972 Mar 18, 2013
MadProfessor wrote:
"Who did the Native Americans take the land from??"

Well Cricket23 I would say the Natives took it from no-one; who do

you think the Natives took it from, and why?
Quote:

Conventional wisdom says that Native Americans descended from prehistoric hunters who walked from northeast Asia across a land bridge, formed at the end of the Ice Age, to Alaska some 12,000 years ago. American Indians resemble the people of Mongolia, China and Siberia.

In the 1930s, archeologists found stone spear points among the bones of mammoths near Clovis, New Mexico. Radio carbon dating in the 1950s showed that the oldest site was 11,400 years old. The sites were assumed, for years, to be the first evidence of human occupation in the Americas.

But more recent discoveries challenge the Clovis story. In 1996,
archeologists in southern Chile found weapons and tools dating back 12,500 years. In Brazil, they found some of the oldest human remains in the Americas, among them a skeleton-named Luzia-that is more than 11,000 years old.

Luzia did not look like American Indians. Instead, her facial features matched most closely with the native Aborigines in Australia. These people date back to about 60,000 years and were themselves descended from the first humans who probably originated in Africa.

The researchers believe Luzia was part of a people, referred to as
"Paleoamericans," who migrated into the Americas-possibly even by boat-long before the Mongoloid people. These Paleoamericans may later have been wiped out by or interbred with Mongoloids invading from the north.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#973 Mar 18, 2013
MAD PROFESSOR-WELL BECAUSE YOU FOCUS ON RACE-HOW ABOUT YOU THINK ABOUT WHO HAS DONE WHAT WITH WHAT THEY HAVE? THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS ARE EUROPEAN BUT THIS IS AMERICA PLENTY OF CHINESE,ARAB,GREEKS
AND IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW MEXICO DOES NOT HAVE A GREAT SYSTEM OF GOVERMENT EVEN TRYING TO COPY AMERICAN DEMOCRACY THEY HAVE CREATED THEIR OWN SOCILAST/COMMUNIST CORRUPT CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE AND I WILL NOT TRADE AMERICAN DEMOCRACY FOR THAT I DON'T CARE WHAT RACE YOU ARE-YOU DON'T SEE HITLERS COMEBACK WITH HIS FUNNY MEXICAN WRESTLING MASK ON ?

Location hidden

#974 Mar 18, 2013
MAD PROFESSOR-YOU WANNA HEAR A FANTASY STORY TAKE A GOOD HEAD READ ABOUT AZATLAN AND THEN THINK ABOUT WHY IN THEIR 4,000 YEARS OF INDIGENOUS INHABITANCE THEY HAVENT MADE ANYTHING OF THEIR OWN TO LIVE IN MUCH LESS THAT WHICH THEY CAN SUSTAIN!
THEN GO ONLINE TO (LA ALARMA.COM )AND LOOK AT THE PRODUCT OF YOUR INVESTMENTS TO SHARE WITH AMERICA

ALBEIT SIMILAR TO THE BIBLE WITH FLYING SERPENTS AND A SELF MADE POLICE STATE ITS ABOUT WHAT WORKS! NOT RACE RACE DOES NOT MAKE FREEDOM THE PEOPLE DO

Location hidden

#975 Mar 18, 2013
MAD PROFFESOR-AND MEXICANS AND NATIVE AMERICANS ARENT THE SAME-NATIVE AMERICANS FROM WHAT I KNOW DO THINGS IN THEIR OWN WAY IN THEIR OWN "WORLD" THEY DON'T FOLLOW WHITEY AROUND TO SAVE THEM AND TAKE CARE OF THEM-THATS JUST MY OPINION SO LETS HEAR YOURS?
bean whacker

Denver, CO

#978 Mar 23, 2013
Juan wrote:
Update on Juan the electrician, I'll be gone for several days while moving:
I've always wanted my own business and finally will be starting it. Juan's Electrical and Home Improvements, how does that sound ? Paperwork, all I need is a truck with a magnetic sign on the side. I have two friends that will be traveling to Florida with me and I'll probably have to hire acouple more. I cant; help but think my own company will do very well.
I may be gone for several days, I'll be moving and traveling to Florida. I'll keep everyone posted when I get settled. If you know anyone in Florida who needs work done, just send me an e-mail.
I'll be working the Vero, Stuart, St. Lucie areas. There's lots of retires in those areas who will need quality work done. My slogan will be "Quality work at a fair price".
How about calling your beaner biz Juan's electric and pedophile service!! No child left(untouched).We supply free thievery we will treat your things like our own guaranteed!!!Siesta included in all prices!(disclaimer) cannot be held accountable for anything!!!

Location hidden

#979 Mar 26, 2013
OF COURSE THE CHOSEN RACE ONLY HIRES THEIR ONLY RACE THEY MADE AMERICA WHAT IT IS TODAY NOW ALL WE NEED TO DO IS GET RID OF THOSE EVIL RACIST EUROPEANS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT AMERICA IS REALLY ALL ABOUT! HEHEHEHEHEH FUNNY MONKEYS

Location hidden

#980 Mar 26, 2013
GOT AMERICANS UNDER THEIR VOODOO DE MIERDA SPELL!!

Location hidden

#981 Mar 26, 2013
BEAN WHACKER-WHAT IS THE AGE OF CONSENT IN GOOD OL MEJICO THEN?

Location hidden

#982 Mar 26, 2013
CRICKET 23-REGARDLESS OF RACE ITS WHAT ONE DOES WITH WHAT ONE HAS! THAT MAKES IT SUSTAINABLE LIVEABLE AND INHANITABLE-RACE ALONE DOES NOT MAKE FREEDOM -THIS IS THE REASON WHY AMERICA IS GOING BACKWARDS BECAUSE THEY'RE LOOKING BEHIND THEMSELVES
YOU CAN'T RIDE A BIKE FORWARDS IF YOUR LOOKING BEHIND YOU
Level 9

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#985 Jun 20, 2013
Mayela wrote:
But what about the millions of Mexicans, South Americans, Chinese, Canadians, etc. seeking entry who are not criminal and not bearing infectious diseases? By what moral principle can they be excluded? Not on the grounds of majority vote, not on the grounds of protecting any Americanís rights, not on the grounds of any legitimate authority of the state.Building the Berlin wall to keep people in was horrendously immoral. But so is building a wall around a nation to keep people out. The right to freedom of travel is violated by any kind of governmental wall. http://www.forbes.com/sites/harrybinswanger/2...
The very first act of illegal aliens illegally crossing our border is to violate our laws. From there they move on to things like ID theft (not a victimless crime), work for cash under the table also a crime (you or I fail to declare it as taxable income go to jail), and other associated crimes. Any country has the "right" to protect its people and its borders. Try your tactics in mexihole and see how far it gets you. We should be adopting many of their laws when it comes to immigration.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#986 Jun 20, 2013
Market Pulse Archives

June 20, 2013, 8:30 a.m. EDT
Weekly jobless claims jump 18,000 to 354,000

(Again)-->

Economic Report Archives | Email alerts

June 20, 2013, 8:38 a.m. EDT
More workers seek unemployment benefits
New jobless claims jump 18,00 to 354,00, highest level in 3 weeks

^

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#987 Jun 20, 2013
Publius51 wrote:
<quoted text>
The very first act of illegal aliens illegally crossing our border is to violate our laws. From there they move on to things like ID theft (not a victimless crime), work for cash under the table also a crime (you or I fail to declare it as taxable income go to jail), and other associated crimes. Any country has the "right" to protect its people and its borders. Try your tactics in mexihole and see how far it gets you. We should be adopting many of their laws when it comes to immigration.
We do not have the resources to police them, it's that simple. Perhaps instead of fighting against the illegal ones like we do, we stop helping the criminal bosses destroy their economy so they can actually live in their own country and have no reason to want to come here. Just a thought.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#988 Jun 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not have the resources to police them, it's that simple. Perhaps instead of fighting against the illegal ones like we do, we stop helping the criminal bosses destroy their economy so they can actually live in their own country and have no reason to want to come here. Just a thought.
We have sent aid to Mexico for decades, and nothing ever changes. In fact, it just keeps getting worse. The rich want to push their poor unto the tapayers of this country. When can't even help our own for all the fingers digging into the pot.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#989 Jun 20, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>We have sent aid to Mexico for decades, and nothing ever changes. In fact, it just keeps getting worse. The rich want to push their poor unto the tapayers of this country. When can't even help our own for all the fingers digging into the pot.
No, we send aid to criminals in Mexico, not the Mexicans. But as I said, it's not about sending them anything, it's about no longer sending aid to the criminals.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#990 Jun 20, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>We have sent aid to Mexico for decades, and nothing ever changes. In fact, it just keeps getting worse. The rich want to push their poor unto the tapayers of this country. When can't even help our own for all the fingers digging into the pot.
This is exactly what I have been saying... we give Mexico Aid,Military equipment,etc. When will they take care of their own problems..

I wouldn't mind paying higher taxes to hire border agents , detention/deportation, but not to support Mexico's responsibilities. I do not owe Mexico nor her poor people a dam thing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#991 Jun 20, 2013
AmericanGal wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly what I have been saying... we give Mexico Aid,Military equipment,etc. When will they take care of their own problems..
I wouldn't mind paying higher taxes to hire border agents , detention/deportation, but not to support Mexico's responsibilities. I do not owe Mexico nor her poor people a dam thing.
Stop giving it to the criminals, then the people would stand a chance at solving their problems.
Juan Too

Lynchburg, VA

#992 Jun 20, 2013
Allowing the Undocumented Citizen to become documented will solve nearly all the problems you describe there.
Publius51 wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 22 min katrina 4,425
News Is Trump building a blueprint for mass deportat... 44 min God Guns and America 54
News Border Wall Presents Funding Challenges in El Paso 7 hr Retribution 39
News Why undocumented immigrants pay taxes 7 hr spytheweb 14
News Do we need a registry of crimes committed by un... 7 hr spytheweb 4
News State firearm, drug charges turn to federal cas... 7 hr spytheweb 2
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 7 hr inyourpiehoehole 16,144
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 hr Quirky 145,083
More from around the web