Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal...

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 880 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#769 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I won't accept racial profiling just because one group of citizens share an ethnic background with a large portion of illegals.
If you're going to check for citizenship, then you need to check EVERYONE.

Just as when the police check for drunk drivers at a checkpoint they have to check EVERY driver, not just the white ones who statistically make up the overwhelming majority of drunk drivers.
At a checkpoint they check everyone.
gojjod

Pittsburgh, PA

#770 Mar 2, 2013
youtube.com/watch...
Whats the price for deportation?

Level 8

#771 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Hint- I never said they were.

Hispanic citizens ARE my fellow citizens, and I simply won't tolerate them being singled out for harassment simply because they have the same skin color as most of the illegals.
Hint: Hispanic Americans can't have it both ways by hiding the illegal aliens then whining about being harassed!

Level 8

#772 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes, that would be a valid reason to stop the vehicle. And at that point the trooper can ask for proof of citizenship if he has a reasonable suspicion they are illegal- i.e. the mexican drivers license, lack of English proficiency, proximity to the border, and the drivers reactions, etc.

That would indeed meet probable cause and I'd have no problem with that.
I knew that and now we both know.

Level 8

#773 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Proof they were illegals? Oh that's right, NONE. You just assume they're illegal because they have brown skin and/or are waving a Mexican flag.

BFD. I'm white and have Canadian & Australian flag I often fly just because I like flags- does that make me an illegal?

Requiring proof of citizenship before treating a patient stupid, as well as illegal & immoral.

If someone is bleeding to death or isn't breathing do you really expect EMTs & ER workers to vefiry citizenship before treating them? Stupid, illegal, & immoral, not to mention risking a HUGE lawsuit.

Illegals from Mexico & Central/South America, Asian & African countries statistically have more infectious diseases like TB, cholera, diptheria, plague, leprosy, small pox, dengue fever, malaria, etc.

Do you really want those people afraid to come to the ER for treatment because they're afraid of being deported? So instead they go to work or school and infect all their coworkers or classmates? Stupid, illegal, & immoral, not to mention a good way to start an epidemic.

According to the CDC, dengue fever (which can be fatal) is now being spread by mosquitos in Florida; likely because an untreated infected illegal or visitor from a foreign country where the disease is endemic was walking around Florida and got bit by one of our mosquitos. Now it's in the mosquito population of Florida and being spread to anyone else who's bitten. And the mosquitos can't tell the difference between a citizen and an illegal.
Oh yeah, brilliant plan, just f-ing brilliant.
Where have I said illegal aliens should be checked at the ER for American citizenship?

It would appear that illegal aliens have no fear of that seeing as how the American Tax payers pay Billions of dollars a year to treat them!

Example:

(CBS) It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.

She gave birth to a healthy, 8 1/2 pound baby boy - born in America. His Mexican mother gave him an American name: Eliot.

Eliot is one of an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

That's because those babies can eventually sponsor their parents - when they turn 21 years old.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/07/eve...

As for flying your Canadian & Australian flag,that's a little different than entering their country illegally and burning and stomping on their flag!

Level 8

#774 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Obviously you've never had any experience with the hispanic gangs in most large metro areas.

So you're ignorant as well as just plain stupid.
You mean those Hispanic Gangs that drive by and shoot innocent citizens by accident?

Or the Hispanic Gangs that have 20 members catch a Black or White person alone and beat them half to death?

Or Gang Rape a young innocent girl for two days?

Illegal Aliens Gang Rape Girl For 2 Days

&fe ature=related

Are those the Hispanic Gangs you're talking about??

Level 8

#775 Mar 2, 2013
Teen boys plead not guilty in Rancho Peñasquitos rapes

"The girls were accosted at knifepoint by two assailants in the park,
Patrick told the judge. They were led out of the park and across the street,
up an embankment and into a secluded area.

There, Patrick said the girls were forced to take off their clothes and then
sexually assaulted, enduring what the prosecutor told Smyth was "every kind
of rape you can imagine."

The assailants took turns attacking each of the victims during the assault,
which Patrick estimated lasted 30 to 40 minutes. It ended only when the
attackers heard the voices of the girls' family members calling for them.

Before fleeing on a bicycle that was hidden nearby, the two boys threatened
the girls with harm if they told anyone about the assault, Patrick said."

"Patrick said both are in the United States illegally."

Read rest of story below:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/sep/1...

Level 8

#776 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I've worked in hospitals my entire life, an I have 4 sister-inlaws who are all ER nurses, so I know a little bit about this.
To protect themselves from lawsuits, ERs are required to assess EVERY patient who walks through their door. While they don't have to provide full treatment for routine minor injuries or illesses, they almost always do just to protect themselves from lawsuits and because they've already spent the time assessing the patient so they might as well treat them.
All it takes is one patient complaining of a headache being turned away and then later dying because it turns out they were having an aneurysm or have a brain tumor. It's already happend and of course the hospital was sued and required to pay damages.
So yes, runny noses ARE treated in ERs all the time. As are headaches, splinters, blisters, peas up a nostril, q-tip up the kids butt (don't even ask), diaper rash, immunizations, sneezing, etc, etc, etc. I even had a woman bring her kid in saying he was peeing a lot and she was worried about diabetes- turned out she just needed a protein & sugar test for his school physical so he could play sports and she didn't have a primary care doctor.
Thank you.

Level 8

#777 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

No, America has an ignorant racist problem.
Most Americans are tired of seeing people entering our country illegally and then demanding Amnesty.

That's not racist.

What's racist is Hispanic Americans defending and hiding those illegal aliens because they speak the same language and have the same skin tone!

If 6.6 Million of those illegal aliens were Black, you wouldn't hear a peep out the Hispanic Americans.

Level 8

#778 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell that to Obama.

Obama "Typical White Person" Racist Interview

Obama: Cambridge Cops "Acted Stupidly" In Prof. Gates Arrest

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Does A 180 On Cambridge Comments; Gibbs Reacts On "Countdown"

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 8

#779 Mar 2, 2013
Dickweed wrote:
<quoted text>

That's a stretch don't cha think?

Obama is now responsible for racism?

Rich people should pay more taxes...LOTS MORE

Taxes should hurt them as much as they hurt us regular folks like you and I.

But since you don't have a job and live in your mom's basement you really don't understand and your input is often ignored as "unqualified to comment"
Obama spent $6 "TRILLION" in his first term, 14 Million American still unemployed and he wants to give Amnesty and Work Permits to 11 million illegal aliens.
Vinnie Tomatahs

Marietta, GA

#780 Mar 2, 2013
Yous redneck down heah in Gohgah yous racist.

Level 8

#781 Mar 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Exclusive: The Truth About 'La Raza'

Quote:

"Behind the respectable front of the National Council of La Raza lies the real agenda of the La Raza movement, the agenda that led to those thousands of illegal immigrants in the streets of American cities, waving Mexican flags, brazenly defying our laws, and demanding concessions.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"In the spirit of a new people that is conscious not only of its proud historical heritage but also of the brutal gringo invasion of our territories, we, the Chicano inhabitants and civilizers of the northern land of Aztlan from whence came our forefathers, reclaiming the land of their birth and consecrating the determination of our people of the sun, declare
that the call of our blood is our power, our responsibility, and our inevitable destiny.... Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans.... We are a bronze people with a bronze culture. Before the world, before all of North America, before all our brothers in the bronze continent, we are a nation, we are a union of free pueblos, we are Aztlan. For La Raza todo.
Fuera de La Raza nada."

That closing two-sentence motto is chilling to everyone who values equal rights for all. It says: "For The Race everything. Outside The Race, nothing."

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php...

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#783 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Hardly, Cuntrair doesn't even know the terms hse is dealing with...
do you? would you care to try this debate?
c'mon, this'll be fun!
Bwawk!
Now explain why you refuse to print your definitions of communism and marxism pookie. I've tried all week since you started making absurd claims.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#784 Mar 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Returning to topic, splitass:

2/13/12: According to a new Washington Post poll, 70 percent of Americans support a path to citizenship in comprehensive immigration reform, including 60 percent of Republicans.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#785 Mar 2, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Returning to topic, splitass:
2/13/12: According to a new Washington Post poll, 70 percent of Americans support a path to citizenship in comprehensive immigration reform, including 60 percent of Republicans.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Yes the posted their poll right after Vallerie Jarrett sent it to them. They are part of the Propaganda Ministry.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#786 Mar 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Now explain why you refuse to print your definitions of communism and marxism pookie. I've tried all week since you started making absurd claims.
give it up, i showed you srong...again...get over it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#787 Mar 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Now explain why you refuse to print your definitions of communism and marxism pookie. I've tried all week since you started making absurd claims.
where are those failed marxist states again?
moreamericanthan u

United States

#788 Mar 2, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
They are uneducated, unskilled and their lot in life will remain the same if they were to get amnestied. They are just another group who will learn to make a living off the few Americans who are still working. It will take many generations of them before they actually show improvements in their lifestyles, while in the process they will be taking this country down, rather than lifting it up. Why do we continue to have this conversation, and why do the idiots who keep bringing it up keep getting reelected???

Did you said.. uneducated & unskilled? Based on your tagname i can tell that you are any better than them.. how old are you? 14? Let me know 2 if you are one of the "few" americans with a job or maybe just another scrub.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#789 Mar 2, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>
Paranoia becomes you.

hahahahahahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 hr D Valens 138,683
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 7 hr serfs up 33
News Obama Administration Released 156 Criminal Alie... 9 hr ronnie 3
News Washington Week: In Election Year, Congress Unl... (Feb '14) 9 hr red and right 49
News Are illegal immigrants bringing 'tremendous' di... 11 hr Prep-for-Dep 107
News Is Illegal Immigration Behind Soaring U.S. Murd... 15 hr tomin cali 1
News Trump platform: Because I said so 15 hr tomin cali 1
More from around the web