Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal...

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 879 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#470 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, in fact WE, as a society, CAN make this happen. you know this to be true.
just admit it. your idea about a silly wall that has never worked ever in the history of man will not work. the proven techinques i suggest will.
you are trying to treat a symptom, i am sufggesting we wolve the problem. my way is cheaper and effective. yours is more expensive and proven to not work.
what else do you want to try to defend about a proven failed mindset?
Would those be the same "proven techniques" where 2/3rd of all Arizona businesses refuse to use e-verify and the state can't afford to shut them all down?

When you can prove 100% of businesses will comply, and the system is 100% effective with no errors, THEN I'll support the e-verify system.

But then you STILL have to deal with the TENS OF MILLIONS of illegals who will keep coming over the border you refuse to secure properly.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#471 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would they come here if there are no jobs?!?!?
i have already given you the real world proof that this works. the reduction fo jobs available due to the recession imediately brought border crossings to a crawl.
You cannot argue with facts and history.(yet you try)
So..you guys gonna get hit by this winter storm? i just flew back to Mn and it's heading east of us, it seems...(i brought some great souveniers...some knicknacks, a new low wage housekeeper, a little wine from Jerome...you know the usual things...)
:)
Because even without a job, life in America is 1000% better than what they left in Mexico or whatever other shithole they came from.

That's what you don't get. I lived in south Texas and south California for years; these people would gladly live in JAIL rather than go home. At least in jail they are relatively safe, have a roof over their head, electricity, indoor plumbing, and 3 meals a day- all FREE OF CHARGE.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#472 Feb 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because even without a job, life in America is 1000% better than what they left in Mexico or whatever other shithole they came from.
That's what you don't get. I lived in south Texas and south California for years; these people would gladly live in JAIL rather than go home. At least in jail they are relatively safe, have a roof over their head, electricity, indoor plumbing, and 3 meals a day- all FREE OF CHARGE.
Conveniently ignoring the VERIFIABLE FACT that border corssings almost stopped completely within weeks of the jobs drying up, aren't you? Why?

Like I said, you cannot argue against the proven facts. no jobs, no illegals coming here. few jobs, few illegals coming here. not really a hard concept to graph, is it?

St. Croix valley

#473 Feb 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Would those be the same "proven techniques" where 2/3rd of all Arizona businesses refuse to use e-verify and the state can't afford to shut them all down?
When you can prove 100% of businesses will comply, and the system is 100% effective with no errors, THEN I'll support the e-verify system.
But then you STILL have to deal with the TENS OF MILLIONS of illegals who will keep coming over the border you refuse to secure properly.
The state of AZ certainly COULD enforce their own lows if they wanted to. they choose not to.

again with the reductio ad absurdum argument...

why?

when you show your DMZ zone will stop 100% of crossers.....

Sheesh!
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#474 Feb 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the 500+ people murdered in Chicago last year......
The majority of which were brown people.

It's in chicago's best interest to let the brown people continue to kill themselves because everytime they do that's less leeches sponging off welfare and the taxpayers pay a tiny bit less in taxes.

St. Croix valley

#475 Feb 26, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of which were brown people.
It's in chicago's best interest to let the brown people continue to kill themselves because everytime they do that's less leeches sponging off welfare and the taxpayers pay a tiny bit less in taxes.
how's that farm subsidy welfare working for you folks out in Wyoming?

how's that leasing of grazing land for 1/1000th of the going rate of BLM land gong for you welfare leeches out here in the land of "self reliance"...

tool.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#476 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, not really, jimbo. it wasn't really marxism they tried. in fact, it wasn't even close.
Care to try again to show your ignorance on all topics far and wide?
Ok pookie, show us the difference between Marxism and communism.......I'll wait right here.

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#477 Feb 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Expecially with Obama advertising on Mexican TV telling them how to come here and get on welfare.

St. Croix valley

#478 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Ok pookie, show us the difference between Marxism and communism.......I'll wait right here.
Ummmm...Teh USSR wasn't communism either. not in any way. not even close.

are you really, really, really, this stupid? You must have to wear headphones that continually tell you to vbreathe in and out...

St. Croix valley

#479 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Expecially with Obama advertising on Mexican TV telling them how to come here and get on welfare.
Got a copy of that advert?

au contraire

Level 2

Location hidden

#480 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm...Teh USSR wasn't communism either. not in any way. not even close.
are you really, really, really, this stupid? You must have to wear headphones that continually tell you to vbreathe in and out...
hmmmmmmmmmm since you are calling the world media a liar and the dictionaries. I must see what you think communism and marxism is pookie. Try to keep it factual.
Detective Frito

San Diego, CA

#481 Feb 26, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>ok,I live there, now would you come and do what you said?
Will you come to the schoolyard you named in the Bronx, coward?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#482 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Conveniently ignoring the VERIFIABLE FACT that border corssings almost stopped completely within weeks of the jobs drying up, aren't you? Why?
Like I said, you cannot argue against the proven facts. no jobs, no illegals coming here. few jobs, few illegals coming here. not really a hard concept to graph, is it?
And yet we have 11+ million even though unemployment has been over 7% for years.

According to your theory they would have stopped coming in long ago, yet the border patrol has stopped over 500,000 every year.

If they stopped 500,000 who knows how many more actually got in; and that's with high unemployment, low wages, and 20 million citizens currently out of work.

They just keep coming.......

St. Croix valley

#483 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>hmmmmmmmmmm since you are calling the world media a liar and the dictionaries. I must see what you think communism and marxism is pookie. Try to keep it factual.
No, they were just dumbing it down for you. pookie... look at the definition of commusnism and marxism. and then give me concrete examples of how that was put in place in the USSR.

did you actually believe the soviets when they said they were comminists? why?

Another example of your inability of independent thought. even the soviets can control your thinking for you..

that must be an ugly, sad life you 'live'....

St. Croix valley

#484 Feb 26, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet we have 11+ million even though unemployment has been over 7% for years.
According to your theory they would have stopped coming in long ago, yet the border patrol has stopped over 500,000 every year.
If they stopped 500,000 who knows how many more actually got in; and that's with high unemployment, low wages, and 20 million citizens currently out of work.
They just keep coming.......
yeah, for decades the US broadcast it load and clear over the border that if you got here, there would be work and housing and we'd turn a blind eye to your legal status.

Again, why did crossing almost stop when there were no jobs to be had?

i understand you want to solve this problem, so do so, don't treat the symptom.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#485 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>The state of AZ certainly COULD enforce their own lows if they wanted to. they choose not to.
again with the reductio ad absurdum argument...
why?
when you show your DMZ zone will stop 100% of crossers.....
Sheesh!
Coulda shoulda woulda......

And a DMZ COULD stop 99.9% of illegals, but we choose not to.

It doesn't matter what they COULD do, it only matters what they DO in reality do. Obviously AZ realized they COULDN'T enforce their own laws and maintain their economy.

It is no more likely a mandatory federal e-verify law would be any more successful in getting businesses to comply.

How are you going to force them to comply? And if 2/3rd of all businesses in the US decide to refuse as happened in Arizona, do you HONESTLY think the govt (state or federal) is going to shut them all down? It would immediately throw us into a depression deeper than anything in our history.

Or would you use the military to force businesses to stay open and use e-verify?

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#486 Feb 26, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Expecially with Obama advertising on Mexican TV telling them how to come here and get on welfare.
Which is why the only answer to illegal immigration is to prevent them from becoming illegal in the first place. We must secure our borders.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#487 Feb 26, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, for decades the US broadcast it load and clear over the border that if you got here, there would be work and housing and we'd turn a blind eye to your legal status.
Again, why did crossing almost stop when there were no jobs to be had?
i understand you want to solve this problem, so do so, don't treat the symptom.
Border Patrol apprehensions-

2012- 360,000+
2011- 340,000+
2010- 460,000+
2009- 550,000+
2008- 720,000+

How is that "almost stopped"?

And of course we have no idea how many 100's of thousands actually made it through each of those years.

The problem isn't illegals working in our country; the problem is people ENTERING our country illegally. It's not illegal to work; it IS illegal to enter the country illegally.

Stopping them from entering the country in the first place IS addressing the problem.
WOW

Las Vegas, NV

#488 Feb 26, 2013
All illegal aliens need to be deported. The lesson here is not to give away the bank. But King Obama has NO problem giving away our money.
I work at a company that employs illegal aliens to do the janitorial work. One decided to quit and asked if they found another job they just had this big smile and said welfare.
Thanks King Obama for having my tax dollars go to the un-needy. Now multiply that by millions.
Wanna know where our Social Security and Medicare money goes, just look at the next illegal waiting for their FREEBIES.
What a screwed up country we live in. Thanks democrats and King Obama.

St. Croix valley

#489 Feb 26, 2013
WOW wrote:
All illegal aliens need to be deported. The lesson here is not to give away the bank. But King Obama has NO problem giving away our money.
I work at a company that employs illegal aliens to do the janitorial work. One decided to quit and asked if they found another job they just had this big smile and said welfare.
Thanks King Obama for having my tax dollars go to the un-needy. Now multiply that by millions.
Wanna know where our Social Security and Medicare money goes, just look at the next illegal waiting for their FREEBIES.
What a screwed up country we live in. Thanks democrats and King Obama.
Ummm....how does someone with no legal documents apply for welfare?*bullshit*

should the lesson have been for our society to not tacitly invite them here for decades? hmmmm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 1 min TheOriginalDoby 226
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 4 min An NFL Fan 3,301
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 19 min ImFree2Choose 602
News Sharyl Attkisson: Homeland Security Mum on U.S.... 40 min spud 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr quetzalcoatl 141,564
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Piss off and go home 9,749
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 6,615
More from around the web