Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal...

Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported

There are 880 comments on the Reuters story from Feb 20, 2013, titled Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported. In it, Reuters reports that:

Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reuters.

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#380 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
That really is the topic, Suadela. If one wants to end illegal immigration, going after the people causing the problem, the ones who hire illegals, is necessary.
You can deport all you want, but we have seen how well this revolving door policy works, and why ICE and border patrols endorse that type of job security....
So true. If you take away what they're coming here for, they will have no reason to come. No fence needed. No gun toting "patriots" along the border, needed. No, ranting and raving from bigots who hate Mexicans, needed. ;)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#381 Feb 25, 2013
Yes, very true it is, X-Man.

For proof in the realworld, just look at how border crossings dropped to record lows when the US economy tanked and there were no jobs to be had. That word got across the border immediately and people stopped coming.

Solve the problem, don't treat the symptom...
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#382 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
That really is the topic, Suadela. If one wants to end illegal immigration, going after the people causing the problem, the ones who hire illegals, is necessary.
You can deport all you want, but we have seen how well this revolving door policy works, and why ICE and border patrols endorse that type of job security....
I understand where your coming from and you are right employees should be the focus of this illegal immigration issue also.
I believe they should pay a hefty fine for hiring an Illegal over an American who are going through hardship due the our tanked economy.
Having said that, who is listening to us? The useless politician who we hired to represent us are not listening. They are well aware who are profiting and who are hurting.,but they refuse to listen and address this issue along with everything else R/T illegals. They are looking for a fast track solution/a band-aid solution,which in reality won't really solve anything.We will be faced with the same predicament in a few years.
I understand we cannot deport millions of illegals,but their are other ways to discourage their settlement.
It is a complicated issue,there are many things to consider and there will never be the perfect solution,but maybe a better one then what these politicians are planning.
I would start by forcing Mexico to do her part in helping her people.g. jobs,social services,free advanced(college/trades) education,among other things that will discourage her poor from crossing into our country and taking up jobs Americans so desperately need right now.
Like I said it is a very complex situation these politicians got us in and they need to listen to the Americans and realize their solution will not going to fix this problem in the long run.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#383 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
True, but the border has to come first.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#384 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Yes, very true it is, X-Man.
For proof in the realworld, just look at how border crossings dropped to record lows when the US economy tanked and there were no jobs to be had. That word got across the border immediately and people stopped coming.
Solve the problem, don't treat the symptom...
Do you honestly beleive it all to be true? It seems those who live along the border have differing opinions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45440385/ns/nbcnigh...

St. Croix valley

#385 Feb 25, 2013
Yes, Teddy, the facts I stated are verifiable from credible sources, if yu wish to. If you would rather listen to biased crackpots with sun-backed brains, that is your perogative to be lll-informed.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#386 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
One more thing before leave.
Mexico is rich in resources,Our Government gives millions of Tax dollars a year to Mexico and Mexico receives remittance,so I'm thinking Mexico can do more for her people instead of depending on others to take on her responsibility. Mexico is not poor as she may pretend to be. Mexico is leeching off of the US.

St. Croix valley

#387 Feb 25, 2013
No need to secure the border, Au Contrair, if. You solve the problem.

You just don't get that the border can never be perfectly sealed, nor would any sane person want it even clse, as it would mean a KOrean DMZ like zone on every border and beach.

again, the true facts of this issue escape your tiny intellect.

St. Croix valley

#388 Feb 25, 2013
Why do you immediately blame the politicians, Suadela? They are not the ones hiring the illegals.

Are you that much af a nany-stater that you have to blame the gov't for everything?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#389 Feb 25, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Sure pookie, you just keep reading the MSM. Who knows, they may actually get it right someday.
President Obama was re-elected.

I don't care why you think that happened, I really don't.

I only care that he WAS re-elected and that you were WRONG WRONG WRONG in your electoral predictions once again!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#390 Feb 25, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely ! We must address this issue also.
If the topic was about How employers get away with hiring illegals/profiting off of them ,,, my answer/comment would be different.
what about the fake papers? ruining someone lively hood by fraud should never be overlooked. be it messing up their credit or using an old or disabled persons ss that at the end of the year or whenever the irs catches it someone checks can get stopped.

how about damages to rentals when they damage places and leave while using anothers id inorder to get the place. car wrecks give a fake info and someone else has to clean up their mess while they just get another name and number.

the employers who hire and know they are illegal still does not take anything off the crimes committed by all illegal aliens just by working and living here. they made a choice to come here, fully knew it is wrong or they would not have slithered in.so they are guilty on all counts. conspiring to commit a federal crime is a crime in itself,something else all illegal aliens did before coming.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#391 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
How can you stop someone from hiring an illegal?

That's the problem, you can't.

So if you allow open borders the people will illegally walk or drive in and eventually someone will hire them.

The only way to prevent illegals is to stop them from coming in illegally in the first place.

If they can't come in, then they can't be illegals in the first place.

St. Croix valley

#392 Feb 25, 2013
Well, Sheeple, has Au Contrair been right about anything on these pages? I cant recall it ever happeneing....

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#393 Feb 25, 2013
To clarify-

Punishing someone for hiring an illegal immigrant DOES NOT stop anyone from illegally entering the country and getting a job.

Just as punishing someone for killing a person DOES NOT prevent anyone from killing a person.

The ONLY way to stop illegal immigration is the PREVENT them from becoming illegal immigrants in the first place.

If we stop them from coming in, they CAN'T BE HERE ILLEGALLY.

Just as if you stop someone from killing someone, they can't be a murderer.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#394 Feb 25, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. If you take away what they're coming here for, they will have no reason to come. No fence needed. No gun toting "patriots" along the border, needed. No, ranting and raving from bigots who hate Mexicans, needed. ;)
So we can just have completely open borders and no one will enter the country illegally?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

They will walk or drive across the border, have a baby, and now they're elibigle for benefits on behalf of their new US citizen baby, so they don't even need a job.

Again, the ONLY way to stop illegal immigration is to STOP them from becoming illegal in the first place.

St. Croix valley

#395 Feb 25, 2013
The same way you stop people from commiting other crimes. Make the enforced penalty harsh enought to make it not worth the benifit.

if AZ just enforced the law they have had on their books for over a decade now where you lose your business license for hiring illegal workers, they would not have a problemwith it now.(Or a very insignificant problem...)

Level 10

Location hidden

#396 Feb 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Yes, Teddy, the facts I stated are verifiable from credible sources, if yu wish to. If you would rather listen to biased crackpots with sun-backed brains, that is your perogative to be lll-informed.
I doubt that ranchers who have had to move their families to safer homes away from the border carnage would consider themselves as having "sun-baked" brains. Apparently it is you who can be so easily deluded. I prefer to hear it from the people themselves who deal with this garbage on a daily basis. If they tell me it's safer, then I will believe it. The problem is, they dont see it that way. What about that national parks that is off limits to Americans in AZ...you don't think it's dangerous there either? http://thewesterner.blogspot.com/2010/06/five...
http://www.caller.com/news/2013/feb/23/south-...

Level 10

Location hidden

#397 Feb 25, 2013
s/b: national parks that are...

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#398 Feb 25, 2013
Which is a more effective deterrent-

Open border, come on in, no one will stop you or even ask for an ID, but then we'll try to punish any employer who gets caught hiring you. You won't be punished at all because we have an open border, but the employer will be........

OR

Closed border, gotta get past a machine gun toting US Marine who is authorized to shoot me dead no questions asked if I'm found in the 100 yard wide no man's land in the middle of the desolate desert along the US-Mexico border.

Gee, now which would I rather face.......
Phil

Bayonne, NJ

#399 Feb 25, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
They are uneducated, unskilled and their lot in life will remain the same if they were to get amnestied. They are just another group who will learn to make a living off the few Americans who are still working. It will take many generations of them before they actually show improvements in their lifestyles, while in the process they will be taking this country down, rather than lifting it up. Why do we continue to have this conversation, and why do the idiots who keep bringing it up keep getting reelected???
Uneducated? Yet your sentence composition is at worst! Before you spew hate, practice what you preach! You're a typical immigrant who think he/she is better than anybody else just because of a piece of paper that the US granted you while the real US born and raised citizens are far from your filthy attitude!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... 3 hr Akira Ifukube 50
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr X Crypsis X 138,224
News Obama not taking immigration fight to Supreme C... 4 hr wild child 17
News Time for Republican obsession with border secur... 5 hr wild child 38
News What Should Citizenship Mean? 7 hr Anonymous 91
News When It Comes to Dealing With Illegal Immigrati... 9 hr ronnie 21
News Ann Coulter Takes on Pro-Amnesty Media 9 hr The Mack 5
More from around the web