In face of coming budget cuts, U.S. f...

In face of coming budget cuts, U.S. frees illegal immigrants from custody

There are 93 comments on the News Observer story from Feb 25, 2013, titled In face of coming budget cuts, U.S. frees illegal immigrants from custody. In it, News Observer reports that:

U.S. Immigration Customs and Enforcement confirmed the release of some illegal immigrants Monday night but would not say how many or from which detention centers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Observer.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
a North American

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Feb 25, 2013
Its about time!!! Release all the low priority cases and stop breaking up families!!! Wasting $18 billion dollars of taxpayer money to racially profile other North Americans (80 to 90% are Mexican, Hondurans, Guatemalans, Salvadorenos) is a totally misguided and insulting practice for this country! Lets use taxpayer money to fight real crime instead of stabbing the backs of our neighbors.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 25, 2013
hopefully they chipped them or something for easy tracking later.

so this is why obama pushed for this mess,should have know all he does has something to do with attacks on the country.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 25, 2013
a North American wrote:
Its about time!!! Release all the low priority cases and stop breaking up families!!! Wasting $18 billion dollars of taxpayer money to racially profile other North Americans (80 to 90% are Mexican, Hondurans, Guatemalans, Salvadorenos) is a totally misguided and insulting practice for this country! Lets use taxpayer money to fight real crime instead of stabbing the backs of our neighbors.
Illegal aliens should be picked up off the streets like they do in Japan and the UK. If they are stopped and not holding a valid passport/visa, off they go out of the country.

There should be a 72 hour window from arrest to deportation.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 25, 2013
People should be buying a weapon. US citizens can't depend on police or the federal government to protect you, you have to protect yourself and your family yourself.

Obama does not enforce immigration law anyway. He's pushing to allow illegal aliens to become citizens so why does this move surprise people?
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#5 Feb 25, 2013
One thing that troubles me the most is to see children and elderly suffer due to budget cuts.
Here where I'm at they will be cutting "Meals on Wheels" for the elderly,but not sure what cuts will go into effect that will affect the children yet.
What I'm trying to get at here is, why are we continuously supporting the illegals but yet cut assistance to the elderly and children? I mean there is so much that can be if not cut ,trimmed when it comes to Illegals ,why punish the innocent and vulnerable.Illegals get a lot of public assistance such as utility grants ,welfare,food stamps and a list of others.
Anyway getting back to the article, Illegals do not need to be released,they need to be held then deported ASAP.The longer they are held the more money is involved,so let's just enforce our laws and deport.
Obama is exaggerating this whole situation, taking advantage and all the while using scare tactics. There is so much he can cut in his own administration and then some, but he chooses to bring on hurt/pain to the American people.
This man has created such a mess and continues on that path.
VA mom2

Temple Hills, MD

#6 Feb 26, 2013
a North American wrote:
One identity stolen, one job filled, one child molested, one citizen murdered, by an illegal, is ONE TOO MANY! Those are all real crimes that affect real Citizens everyday. Deport every single one that is arrested, and their families along with them. Then the $100 BILLION ANNUAlLLY of our tax dollars that goes towards treating, schooling, housing, and feeding these whining, selfish, self-involved leeches, can be returned to US.

Forget about the "secure the border" red herring. We need a national, mandatory E-verify and an end to Birthright Citizenship NOW.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#7 Feb 26, 2013
Typical...and back to doing what they do best, breaking more laws.
America First

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
Typical...and back to doing what they do best, breaking more laws.
Um, no. Latinoes work, and often work hard. The real problem is the filthy blacks who live off welfare. THEY are the ones who should be rounded up and forced to work through modern day slavery programs.

Level 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 26, 2013
America First wrote:
<quoted text>Um, no. Latinoes work, and often work hard. The real problem is the filthy blacks who live off welfare. THEY are the ones who should be rounded up and forced to work through modern day slavery programs.
If they work so hard, why do they need to sign up their American-born for the freebies??? I would think that through their "HARD WORK" they could stand on their own teo feet. I guess they work harder than most at taking from a system in which many of them have never contributed, right?

Level 10

Location hidden

#10 Feb 26, 2013
s/b: two feet...
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#11 Feb 26, 2013
America First wrote:
<quoted text>Um, no. Latinoes work, and often work hard. The real problem is the filthy blacks who live off welfare. THEY are the ones who should be rounded up and forced to work through modern day slavery programs.
The myth of the hard working Hispanic, here breaking our laws just to forge a better life has been debunked time and again when reviewing the statistics.

The fact that some continue to cling to this myth, is further evidence of their lack of intellect and value to the American economy.
vallente

Saint Clair, MI

#12 Feb 26, 2013
Are you all on antidepressants here?
redmad

Carlstadt, NJ

#13 Feb 26, 2013
Just unbeleivable how people are ignoring facts.
I mean before making statements and accusations about humans, it should be wise to get the facts strait.not lies.

Level 10

Location hidden

#14 Feb 26, 2013
redmad wrote:
Just unbeleivable how people are ignoring facts.
I mean before making statements and accusations about humans, it should be wise to get the facts strait.not lies.
Let's explore some of the facts. We know that millions of people without papers are present in this country. They are working, when they shouldn't be. We know that many use forged or stolen SS#'s and ID's with the intent to undercut an American out of a job. We know that the taxpayer is supplementing their meager salaries through the entutlements in which they have enrolled their American-born children. We know, that their children are going to our schools and eating free meals, thanks in great part to the average taxpayer. We know these people don't repsect us or our laws, and really don't give a flip about being legal citizens. We know that they keep making demands of their host country, and will never be satified with anything we do for them. We also know that they hardly ever thank the taxpayers for what they have been forced to give them. This group of "humans" doesn't care who they hurt as long as they get what they think we owe them.
This sob story about coming here to be able to support their families is a joke. Which family would that be? The one they left behind or the new family they started here? If they are with their original family, how does adding more children make it any easier to support those that they claimed they couldn't feed in their homeland???? These are the only "straight" facts that we need to know.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Feb 26, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens should be picked up off the streets like they do in Japan and the UK. If they are stopped and not holding a valid passport/visa, off they go out of the country.
There should be a 72 hour window from arrest to deportation.
Agree, but in face of huge spending cuts and demand for smaller Gov't we should have the private sectors and co-operations foot the bill.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#16 Feb 26, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, but in face of huge spending cuts and demand for smaller Gov't we should have the private sectors and co-operations foot the bill.
If the laws were enforced then the private sector could foot the bill through fines and forfeitures.
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#17 Feb 26, 2013
In case you didn't know, this is all by design to create fear in the American people, who will pressure congress on the budget!

Please note that our dear leaders did this BEFORE the deadlin...interesting. Now I ask you, what are they going to do if everybody gets their money, go out and collect the hoards they released? I never knew I would have to say this, but our government had reached a new unethical low. I doubt if I will ever again naievely(sp?) trust anyone in authority again!

What they haven't counted on is that cheap tatics like this makes me more determined to ground my heels in and give 'em hell on illegal immigration!!
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#18 Feb 26, 2013
a North American wrote:
They are no longer called "neighbors" when they come over, they are called illegal aliens!!!

Second, we don't break up your familes, YOU DO! You do it because you put your loved ones in situations and expect the government to bail you out, along with snotty noesed kids!!!
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#19 Feb 26, 2013
Wanna know what the illegal alien Dreamers are saying about this?

http://dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php...
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#20 Feb 26, 2013
America First wrote:
According to the Centers for Immigration Studies, cis.org 70% of illegal alien hispanic families are on some type of welfare!!!

Your racist ignorance is what will keep us from uniting and moving forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 25 min Barros 1,047
News In new book, John McCain says 'anyone can becom... 1 hr spud 69
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 1 hr spud 199
News Trump presses for action as House GOP struggles... 2 hr Major limpballs 31
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 3 hr Agents of Corruption 20,139
News Freedom Caucus leader Meadows says farm bill no... 7 hr Anonymous 4
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr Rico from East Lo... 149,239