GOP debt limit extortion is dead

GOP debt limit extortion is dead

There are 174 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 11, 2014, titled GOP debt limit extortion is dead. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

So House Republican leaders are bowing to the inevitable and are going to allow a vote on a clean debt limit hike .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
John Smorrow

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#178 Feb 21, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
http://cnsnews.com/news/articl e/terence-p-jeffrey/electricit y-price-index-soars-new-record -start-2014-us-electricity
;) U hav learning somethings here latelee mjjCPA? but gettin yo emotional go! just relax, learning & having funDO!!;-000

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#179 Feb 21, 2014
John Smorrow wrote:
<quoted text>
;) U hav learning somethings here latelee mjjCPA? but gettin yo emotional go! just relax, learning & having funDO!!;-000
no feedE go okE trollE
spud

Weatherly, PA

#180 Feb 21, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not your fault you're isolationist.
Our lamestream media is inept, like barock.
America has an important role in the world, whether our president is a coward or not. FDR knew this. I think barock does too. It's why he put the Bush terror tactics on steroids and taps every phone call. I just wish he used it on his muslim bros. instead of the TEA party and his political enemies.
barock turned arab spring to winter. It's mostly because he turned recession to depression, but his leading from behind was also instrumental.
I'm an isolationist and a protectionist, much like our founding fathers. I believe in budgeting 90% of ones income, tops. We should not only be having a balanced budget, we should be saving 10% a year. I can't praise anyone who supports going deeper in debt with China. We need to revitalize our own job market and that shouldn't include 1 illegal alien.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#181 Feb 21, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I'm an isolationist and a protectionist, much like our founding fathers. I believe in budgeting 90% of ones income, tops. We should not only be having a balanced budget, we should be saving 10% a year. I can't praise anyone who supports going deeper in debt with China. We need to revitalize our own job market and that shouldn't include 1 illegal alien.
I agree with your latter sentiment about saving. I help people save for a living.

I support LEGAL immigration.

The Founding Fathers existed in a world without the internet and nuclear weapons. General George Washington is my favorite President. Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

After WW2 everyone agreed hitler could have been nipped in the bud if france or England had shown leadership.
John Smorrow

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#182 Feb 21, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
no feedE go okE trollE
E is from GA school!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emory_University...

U shoulda calling ( eye remembering )!! ;-0

sincerelee,

gooooose go! ;-00
spud

Weatherly, PA

#183 Feb 22, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your latter sentiment about saving. I help people save for a living.
I support LEGAL immigration.
The Founding Fathers existed in a world without the internet and nuclear weapons. General George Washington is my favorite President. Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
After WW2 everyone agreed hitler could have been nipped in the bud if france or England had shown leadership.
Do you support doubling legal immigration and tripling the number of work visas granted?

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#184 Feb 22, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support doubling legal immigration and tripling the number of work visas granted?
Only if it's coupled with securing the border and prosecuting those that hire ILLEGALS.

America was built by LEGAL immigrants. This should continue.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#185 Feb 22, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, girl.
If iraq was not a real war, what was it?

A tickle?
spud

Weatherly, PA

#186 Feb 22, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if it's coupled with securing the border and prosecuting those that hire ILLEGALS.
America was built by LEGAL immigrants. This should continue.
That attitude is way too neocon for me, not to mention what you propose is totally unverifiable.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#187 Feb 23, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
If iraq was not a real war, what was it?
A tickle?
Iraq was a real war for about a week.

The run to Baghdad was historic. Two American Divisions, one US Army and one USMC, drove right up both banks of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers like hot TEA party knives through pork barrel spending.

The occupation and re-building was a counter-insurgency operation, not a conventional war.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Location hidden

#188 Feb 23, 2014
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That attitude is way too neocon for me, not to mention what you propose is totally unverifiable.
What's your position? No borders? Amnesty? Prisons filled to capacity with MS 13 members?

We wouldn't need 0failurecare were it not for generational welfare and ILLEGAL immigration bankrupting our hospitals.
spud

Weatherly, PA

#189 Feb 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your position? No borders? Amnesty? Prisons filled to capacity with MS 13 members?
We wouldn't need 0failurecare were it not for generational welfare and ILLEGAL immigration bankrupting our hospitals.
My position is exactly what Boehner's stated position was, enforcement first. Enforcement first means mandatory Everify for ALL employment, housing, government assistance, education and drivers licenses. It means clarifying our stupid interpretation of the 14th amendment to what it was meant for and that doesn't mean automatic citizenship for children born here to illegal aliens. We're the only developed country in the world that still maintains this policy. We may be in agreement so far. Where we disagree most is where I also disagree with Boehner. There is no need to couple enforcement with any kind of increased legal immigration or visas. That's absurd. We already have the MOST generous immigration policy in the world. We also have stagnant wages and high unemployment because our representatives have turned a blind eye on illegal immigration which has allowed our labor market to be flooded. I know you're fully aware of how the law of supply and demand ties into that. Boehner is trying to tie increasing legal immigration and visas to enforcement but that's all BS like 1965 and 1986. Boehner's proposal is immigration first with a promise of enforcement later. This always results in later invariably turning into NEVER. It's just too easy to get a stooge like Napolitano or Jeh to certify that the border is secure, regardless of the situation. It's all a scam. Right now the tea party Republicans are the only thing standing between us and amnesty and I stand with them. The Republican leadership has to go, IMHO.
Jose

San Francisco, CA

#191 Feb 28, 2014
It's all over for the GOP anglo azzzwipes!! VIVA Hillary 2016!!! ;)
spud

Weatherly, PA

#192 Mar 1, 2014
Jose wrote:
It's all over for the GOP anglo azzzwipes!! VIVA Hillary 2016!!! ;)
If Hillary came to my house I wouldn't let her sit down. I don't want any of that stuff getting on my chair. Viva Ralph Nader. Viva independents. Viva Hillary for cookie maker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 10 min swampmudd 17,754
News California Dem: I Will Go to Jail to Resist Trump 20 min sarahjessica 3
News The Latest: DeVos says she'll take $1 as educat... 41 min Rainbow Kid 12
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 1 hr Treats5603 42
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr usa 14,850
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 2 hr Father Jeremy 450
News Obama executive orders may not survive under Pr... 4 hr Treats5603 7
More from around the web