George Will: The never-mind presidency

George Will: The never-mind presidency

There are 30 comments on the Tallahassee Democrat story from Jul 7, 2013, titled George Will: The never-mind presidency. In it, Tallahassee Democrat reports that:

At this intermission in the immigration debate, with House Republicans preparing to look askance at the Senate's handiwork, the argument is becoming ever stranger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tallahassee Democrat.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#24 Jul 11, 2013
Juan wrote:
Just minor convictions, ie. shoplifting, failure to pay a ticket, nothing to keep me from getting citizenship.
Figures...always taking things that don't belong to you.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#25 Jul 11, 2013
Yes and no, George!

Yes, we are getting diminishing returns on border defense.

No, that doesn't mean the job's done. There's PLENTY of room for enforcing the law on hiring illegals.

See, this is fence sitting on George's part. He's being a smartie-smartie who is all ready to judge indecisiveness on the part of our government but isn't ready to define the problem, let alone present a solution.

We don't need empty-suits any more than we need flip-floppping politicians. Let's find out who has the authority(Congress), how they are using it(creating bills that they know won't go anywhere), and decide for ourselves why things aren't getting done!(Crooked parties)

Only one solution. Replace the crooked parties. Anyone going to wet their pants and say "It can't be done"?

Understood! Carry on Citizens!
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#26 Jul 11, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Figures...always taking things that don't belong to you.
There's not a teenager in the U. S. that hasn't done a few things they shouldn't have.

Level 10

Location hidden

#27 Jul 12, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
There's not a teenager in the U. S. that hasn't done a few things they shouldn't have.
Oh please, do us a favor and just go away. You always try to find a way to justify the rotten things that you have done. I am sure some kids have crossed the line, but not all of them or even many of them have done what you have.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#28 Jul 12, 2013
Getting into trouble is just part of being a teenager, some get into more trouble than others. I just happen to have gotten caught. I often wonder what my life would have been like if I were accepted into the Army. I could have retired at 39, as I was only 19 when I applied.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#30 Jul 12, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three son's. Not one has ever broken the laws in this Country or served one day in a jail... Believe it or not. They truly are good citizens and good people. They're very color blind and not racist in any way but think the job markets and wages have died because of cheap labor. Besides your crimes are probably Judgement's for debt. You split any place you incurred debt.And child support judgement's...

Level 10

Location hidden

#31 Jul 13, 2013
Juan wrote:
Getting into trouble is just part of being a teenager, some get into more trouble than others. I just happen to have gotten caught. I often wonder what my life would have been like if I were accepted into the Army. I could have retired at 39, as I was only 19 when I applied.
Thank God you didn't, and not all kids cross the line of breaking laws...sure, they may disobey a parent's curfew or rule, but to do what you did, only a small minority of them will stoop to such behavior. Hopefully, their parents instilled a better value system. That's why being an active parent in a child's life is so important its well-being.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#32 Jul 13, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>I have three son's. Not one has ever broken the laws in this Country or served one day in a jail... Believe it or not. They truly are good citizens and good people. They're very color blind and not racist in any way but think the job markets and wages have died because of cheap labor. Besides your crimes are probably Judgement's for debt. You split any place you incurred debt.And child support judgement's...
ronnie - it's clear you are a very racist person, I don't see how your sons can be color blind.
As for them being in jail, "as far as you know".

Level 10

Location hidden

#34 Jul 14, 2013
Juan wrote:
<quoted text>
ronnie - it's clear you are a very racist person, I don't see how your sons can be color blind.
As for them being in jail, "as far as you know".
Really? An engaged parent would know if his/her kids were ever in jail. Geesh. Now, in your case...
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#35 Jul 14, 2013
I think ronnie would be surprised if he knew what his kids really did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worcester restaurants close as part of 'Day Wit... 14 min Darlene 10
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 33 min Ms Sassy 531
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr leprechauna 146,736
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 1 hr Katrina 8,852
News 'No one should have to die to come to America':... 1 hr Just Slim 6
News Court: Police can't detain immigrants without c... 1 hr Red Crosse 9
News Shuttered Mexican-American studies program back... 2 hr Rico from East Lo... 5
More from around the web