Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

Drink The HivE

New York, NY

#886 May 4, 2013
Usually It's What Snack I Will Be Having When I Get Done...

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/200321-1/Pizza-I...
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#887 May 4, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Republican House approval rating at 6.5% and falling
It will continue to fall until they quit catering to big business and the illegal invaders. Stand up for the "American" citizens and America (the U.S. for you retards) and their rating will rise.
CRIMMIGRANTS

United States

#888 May 7, 2013
The title of this thread and the "poll" is a
LIE!!
Lincoln

United States

#889 May 8, 2013
David Brooks Republican good editorial in the New York Times.
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#890 May 8, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
It will continue to fall until they quit catering to big business and the illegal invaders. Stand up for the "American" citizens and America (the U.S. for you retards) and their rating will rise.
Yeah like there are no Democrats that own businesses either big or small that are profiting from cheap, illegal labor?

Hot flash for ya. It isn't the House Republicans that are pushing for amnesty for these illegal invaders.

“Reconquista y Xenocracy”

Since: May 13

Tijuana Mx

#891 May 9, 2013
The biggest single supporter of immigration reform is the American Chamber of Commerce. It is also the single biggest contributor to the Republican Party.

"U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a powerful business lobbying group in the United States that "has become a fully functional part of the partisan Republican machine" since CEO and president Thomas J. Donohue took office in 1997."

"The New York Times reported in October 2010 that half of the Chamber's $140 million in contributions in 2008 came from just 45 big-money donors, many of whom enlisted the Chamber's help to fight political and
public opinion battles on their behalf (such as opposing financial or healthcare reforms, or other regulations, and aggressively supporting immigration reform). The Chamber is "dominated by oil companies, pharmaceutical giants, automakers and other polluting industries," according to James Carter, executive director of the Green Chamber of Commerce."

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/U.S._Cha...
too costly

Moseley, VA

#892 May 9, 2013
not sure what is to be gained here, whitehouse set republicans up, Rubio really took the bait.

There will be nothing done, and it will cost another national election for the republicans, or two
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#893 May 9, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah like there are no Democrats that own businesses either big or small that are profiting from cheap, illegal labor?
Hot flash for ya. It isn't the House Republicans that are pushing for amnesty for these illegal invaders.
True, but the Demwits will always have the support of the dimwits. Repubs aren't losing to the Dims, they are losing because of themselves.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#894 May 10, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but the Demwits will always have the support of the dimwits. Repubs aren't losing to the Dims, they are losing because of themselves.
That's a fact.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#895 May 19, 2013
JKX wrote:
<quoted text>
The Libertarians i know are for the most part Constitutionalists ..the 14th amendment is specific and not honored but abused today..If other countries have tight borders why should ours be so weak..?.. Do you know the damage it causes to our Liberty..?..I am in favor of a path but not at the expense of our strength..
What's the 14th amendment got to do with it?

I'm not advocating giving them citizenship, just allowing them to work here if there are Americans willing to employ them.

Location hidden

#896 May 19, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>He likes to think he has the right to hire illegals for cheap to do work he cant do.
I think all Americans should be allowed to contract with any individual they choose to perform a task for money.

However, I would never knowingly hire an (alleged) illegal. I simply never bother to ask whether they are illegal (as is my right). I don't ask, and they don't tell, and business gets done!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#897 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not advocating giving them citizenship, just allowing them to work here if there are Americans willing to employ them.
Why should we allow them to work jobs that Americans will work? Their employers have essentially thrown Americans out of jobs to be able to hire illegals, who can work for less because they drop a few American-born kids to supplement their salaries, sure doesn't make it right or acceptable. It's become a real art for these people to work our system. Are we to just sit back and watch them deplete a system in which they make very little if any contributions?

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#898 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think all Americans should be allowed to contract with any individual they choose to perform a task for money.
However, I would never knowingly hire an (alleged) illegal. I simply never bother to ask whether they are illegal (as is my right). I don't ask, and they don't tell, and business gets done!
What do you do with them at tax time?
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#899 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've course theyare willing to high them. How about giving one your job before your boss does . At 5.00 an hour and no benefits. You can go find another. and your house they can have that too. You dont need it . Your a wonderful person .
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#900 May 19, 2013
vero wrote:
<quoted text> really? Perhaps you should try hiring a latino vs a citizen and what you get on the application? When would you be available to begin? Latino writes; asap citizen; next week expected paid; latino writes; open citizen; 9 to 10 dollars per hour would you work on the weekens? Latino writes; yes any time citizen ;except sat-sundays. Work experience and other skills; latino; english and Spanish and citizen; English. So who would you hire?
Latino or an illegal alien?
chicagonut

Coachella, CA

#901 May 19, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care what you "think". It is against the law to hire illegal aliens or don't you give a daman about laws? It is your responsibility as a law abiding citizen to make sure any workers you hire are athorized to work in this country. No wonder our country is in such a mess with self-centered, selfish Americans like you in this country.

Location hidden

#902 May 19, 2013
Jack from Bedias wrote:
<quoted text>What do you do with them at tax time?
What do you mean?

If I hire a "real 'Murrican" contractor, and he goes out and hires (alleged) illegals, I have no tax issues- though the contractor probably does.

Location hidden

#903 May 19, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>I've course theyare willing to high them. How about giving one your job before your boss does . At 5.00 an hour and no benefits. You can go find another. and your house they can have that too. You dont need it . Your a wonderful person .
I'll take my chances that my "boss" can't find an illegal with an advanced engineering degree willing to work for $5/hour. Actually, I work as an independent contractor, so I'm subject to being replaced at any time if the folks that pay me can find someone better for less price. It's just part of the job- a risk I'm willing to take.

Location hidden

#904 May 19, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't care what you "think". It is against the law to hire illegal aliens or don't you give a daman about laws? It is your responsibility as a law abiding citizen to make sure any workers you hire are athorized to work in this country. No wonder our country is in such a mess with self-centered, selfish Americans like you in this country.
That's the beauty of the system. If I want my hedges trimmed or floor tiled (or whatever), I don't actually "hire" any illegal. I hire a "real 'Murrican" contractor, then he goes out and hires the crew, which may or may not contain "illegals." I have no responsibility or liability. It's all on him. The system works very well down here.

Location hidden

#906 May 19, 2013
racer42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about LIbertarian, you sound like the perfect Obama Cabinet head. I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing. I'm the boss but I have no idea what people in my department are doing. Eric Holder, Mr. Wilson (the fired head of IRS), and on and on and on. Nothing like a rogue out of control government and those who contribute to it. After all, as that witch Hillary Clinton famously said "What Difference Does It Make"
Unfortunately, the laws are written in such a way that we have to play these silly "games." It would be better if we were just allowed to hire whomever we please without government interference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 12 min johnny belinda 146,688
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 32 min Maverick 808 8,590
News Impeach Judges For Interfering With Immigration... 33 min Wildchild 1
News Artist designs 'border wall' in midtown Atlanta 1 hr Boom 4
Spanish on american food labels (Dec '08) 2 hr Rico from East Lo... 22
News Even More Immigration Judges are Reassigned in ... 3 hr tomin cali 18
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 3 hr old_moose 497
More from around the web