Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#701 Apr 5, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. A person telling a story about how other people felt is "hearsay & opinion".
Did they file charges? If so were the charges upheld? Did they file a law suit? If so did they win? If not then it is all hearsay and opinion.
As is all the bitching about illegals- just hearsay and opinion.

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Mexico

#702 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As is all the bitching about illegals- just hearsay and opinion.
Really???

The mother of a kid killed by these punks is Bitching???

And only has an opinion???

Caught in another lie.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#703 Apr 5, 2013
Hearsay and opinion.....

“Facts”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Mexico

#704 Apr 5, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hearsay and opinion.....
yes only a black pervert would say that someone killed by Zetas only has a opinion that they are dangerous......
spud

Bangor, PA

#705 Apr 5, 2013
Mayela wrote:
Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll
WASHINGTON | Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:07am EDT
(Reuters)- The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.
In the Public Religion Research Institute poll, 63 percent of Americans said they supported a path to citizenship for undocumented foreigners if they meet certain requirements.
Seventy-one percent of Democrats and 53 percent of Republicans backed eventually allowing illegal immigrants to become Americans.
The path to citizenship idea is the centerpiece of both a bipartisan immigration plan in the Senate and President Barack Obama's immigration reform proposals.
This week, Republican Senator Rand Paul, a libertarian and favorite of the conservative Tea Party movement, called for legalization of the 11 million undocumented foreigners, the majority of who are from Latin America.
He stopped short of specifically urging a path to citizenship but his statement nonetheless represents a shift in thinking for many conservatives, many of whom used to advocate deportation.
"In many ways, we are seeing the leaders in Congress catching up to where rank and file Republicans are on this issue," said Robert Jones, the CEO of the Public Religion Research Institute.
"Republicans, a couple of years ago, were holding the line against a path to citizenship... Now, there have been more Republican (lawmakers) talking about a middle option," he said.
Republicans have been forced to retool their message to non-white voters after Hispanics and other minority groups threw their support behind Obama in the November presidential election.
The poll found that fewer Americans thought that the best way to solve the country's immigration problems was to secure U.S. borders, and arrest and deport everyone living in the United States illegally. This year, 29 percent of those surveyed said that was the best policy, down from 36 percent in 2011.
The survey, conducted between March 6 and 10, was based on 4,465 Spanish and English telephone interviews with adults. The margin of error is plus or minus 1.7 percentage points.
The poll was conducted in partnership with the Brookings Institution think tank.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/21/us-...
Rand Paul and the teaparty movement are great on spending, shrinking government and certain constitutional liberties. They totally suck on free trade and immigration. They just have no backbone.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

#706 Apr 5, 2013
Hearsay and opinion......

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#707 Apr 6, 2013
Right, the first step to legal citizenship is going back home and following our laws.
Lincoln

United States

#709 Apr 7, 2013
Republicans voters seems to have buyers remorse
spud

Bangor, PA

#710 Apr 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Who are you talking to slacker, or you just blowing smoke because you like to hear yourself? It would help if you would make a point.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#712 Apr 7, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need them. I have 300 million americans on my side. and we're going to blow you illegals away.
starting with the ms13, the reconquistas, and the mecha.
I know you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it should seem pretty obvious to even someone of limited intellect that many Americans, and especially those in power (those with money) don't agree with you.

Rich Republicans want illegals (even though they may not say so publicly) because they want cheap workers- to mow their lawns and work in the businesses. Most Dems want illegals as well.

About the only ones vigorously trying to get rid of illegals are white trash (and I guess the occasional yellow trash) Republicans.

And that is why you will never get what you want- because the people that matter disagree with you...
spud

Bangor, PA

#713 Apr 7, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it should seem pretty obvious to even someone of limited intellect that many Americans, and especially those in power (those with money) don't agree with you.
Rich Republicans want illegals (even though they may not say so publicly) because they want cheap workers- to mow their lawns and work in the businesses. Most Dems want illegals as well.
About the only ones vigorously trying to get rid of illegals are white trash (and I guess the occasional yellow trash) Republicans.
And that is why you will never get what you want- because the people that matter disagree with you...
I'm also a libertarian, except for their faulty views an immigration and free trade. I also liked the book Walden Two, except like many fundamentalist libertarians positions, their solutions don't add up. Take a realistic view of your positions and try to be less judgmental of your detractors.
nym8387

United States

#714 Apr 7, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you understand why amnesty wont pass,what's the point of having them here if they have rights and choices.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#715 Apr 7, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer like you say. but I do know that in the last 15+ years, no further amnesty was approved by congress.

so that must mean that the "majority" of citizens of the usa do not approve of immigration reform. right?

quit smoking pot, and you would realize this.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#716 Apr 7, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>I'm also a libertarian, except for their faulty views an immigration and free trade. I also liked the book Walden Two, except like many fundamentalist libertarians positions, their solutions don't add up. Take a realistic view of your positions and try to be less judgmental of your detractors.
except their faulty views on immigration and free trade?

free trade is great IF it is truly FREE trade. what we have here is UNFAIR trade. and you would realize this if you travel to the other countries that we trade with.

if these other countries had only respected our copyrights and patents alone, we wouldn't be dealing with this huge trade debt.

as for my view on immigration being faulty... it's the same view supported by most countries in the world. legalized admission under the laws of the state. if you believe open immigration is the proper way to deal with immigration, you are crazy.
spud

Bangor, PA

#717 Apr 8, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
except their faulty views on immigration and free trade?
free trade is great IF it is truly FREE trade. what we have here is UNFAIR trade. and you would realize this if you travel to the other countries that we trade with.
if these other countries had only respected our copyrights and patents alone, we wouldn't be dealing with this huge trade debt.
as for my view on immigration being faulty... it's the same view supported by most countries in the world. legalized admission under the laws of the state. if you believe open immigration is the proper way to deal with immigration, you are crazy.
Free trade IS unfair trade. It's especially unfair to the American worker. This country was founded on protectionism and we should go back to protecting our jobs with tariffs. Free trade sucks and so does our open immigration system. Those are the two biggest factors that have destroyed our job market.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#718 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Amnesty is the only realistic option; that or doing nothing at all.

Btw, most illegals only enter once and stay.
Link or Source, anything but your personal opinion again!

Level 8

#719 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

The latino vote cost Romney the presidency.

Level 8

#720 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Like that would make a difference?

How many people have gotten speeding tickets overturned because all 3 occupants said they weren't speeding but the cop said they were?

I know you're old, but I didn't realize you were that naive as well.
LOL!!!

"WeTheSheeple" QUOTE:

"No, he CLAIMED I ran a stop sign- which I didn't- likely as an excuse to stop me because he saw brown people in the car with me."

I know you're old, but????

Level 8

#721 Apr 9, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

So prosecute those committing fraud, just like the millions of citizens who commit IRS fraud every year when they lie on their tax returns.

“gun control takes two hands”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#723 Apr 9, 2013
'twould be nice if we could start by deporting the 76% of illegal immigrants that the GAO says doesn't work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 26 min leprechauna 138,668
News Jindal: Bush 'got it wrong' on immigration 28 min Mothra 24
News Palin Slams Coverage of 'Non-Traditional' Trump... 32 min Cat74 3
News Lawmaker: school aid for illegal immigrants wrong (Oct '08) 50 min Real farts 5
News Rising murders of citizens by illegal aliens bl... 1 hr tomin cali 7
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 4 hr Your Ex 92
News Trump lashes out at lawyer over breast pump 4 hr Responsibility 26
More from around the web