Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

Full story: mymixfm.com

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.
Comments
1 - 20 of 890 Comments Last updated Jul 22, 2013
First Prev
of 45
Next Last

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

There is a pathway in place for illegals to become citizens. It is in the present immigration laws.

Go home. Wait 10 years. Apply legally.

Use that 10 years to insure passing the requirements for legal entry into the country... you know, educated, self supporting, disease free.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
There is a pathway in place for illegals to become citizens. It is in the present immigration laws.
Use that 10 years to insure passing the requirements for legal entry into the country... you know, educated, self supporting, disease free.
That comment shows you know nothing about our current "legal" immigration system.

Our legal immigration system is so restrictive that people from countries like Mexico have almost no chance of coming here legally unless they have a relative here or a specialized skill.

The reason they come here illegally is that they KNOW they have a better chance of winning the lottery than coming here legally.

This chart from Reason magazine is a pretty accurate summary of how completely screwed up our "legal" immigration system is:

http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350...

When you give people NO CHANCE when they play by the rules, don't be surprised if they choose to not play by the rules...

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment shows you know nothing about our current "legal" immigration system.
~~
When you give people NO CHANCE when they play by the rules, don't be surprised if they choose to not play by the rules...
Apparently I have a much better understanding of our immigration laws than do you.

How many junior high school dropouts do you want in the work force?

How many seventh grade "women" do you want popping out babies so they can realize that good old "American Dream?"

How many high school dropouts does your employer have on its payroll?

Why do you think uneducated foreign nationals should be given preference over educated, self supporting people standing in line to come here legally?

How many uneducated, unskilled welfare recipients are you willing to support?

We, as well as every other country on the planet, have standards and requirements for legal entry. There is a very valid reason for those requirements. If they can't meet the standards, don't expect them to sneak in and be welcomed.

You get back to me after you have opened up your home, taken a few illegals in and adopted them. I'll continue to pester my elected officials to vote to round them all up and ship them home.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

the reality of it all is - EVERY attempt by the pro-illegals in the last couple of decades to provide a path to citizenship for the illegals has failed.

this "poll" is just another attempt by the pro-illegals to push their failed agenda.

frankly, my guess is - the took the poll where everybody was an illegal, or pro-illegal.

the American people have spoken. NO AMNESTY!
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our legal immigration system is so restrictive that people from countries like Mexico have almost no chance of coming here legally unless they have a relative here or a specialized skill.
The reason they come here illegally is that they KNOW they have a better chance of winning the lottery than coming here legally.
This chart from Reason magazine is a pretty accurate summary of how completely screwed up our "legal" immigration system is:
http://reason.com/assets/db/07cf533ddb1d06350...
regarding surprises... don't be surprised if a few of us americans start to fight back. and kill these citizens from other countries who are in the usa ILLEGALLY.

POW! right between the eyes. it'll be a turkey shoot.

you don't want to play by the rules. then, why should we?

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

"The survey, conducted between March 6 and 10, was based on 4,465 Spanish and English telephone interviews with adults. The margin of error is plus or minus 1.7 percentage points."

Enough said!

LOL!!!

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during
National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

How strange, many people that I talk to don't share this view. Exactly who are these people who supposedly support this kind of action? Exactly how was the poll worded? I doubt that the majority are ready for what happens after illegals get gifted with the ability to remain and work here. I imagine they can't think outside the box, and don't realize that when employers have to pay them a fair wage, they will lose their jobs, and be in the unemployment line. And lo and behold, another crush of illegals will sneak in to pick up the slack and their jobs, because the border will never be secure...never. I don't believe the garbage that any politician spews about this subject. Bottomline, we are a country of laws, and we don't reward people for breaking them.
Robert

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Absolutely not, we need a law which says if you are found in this country illegally you will be forever denied the right to us citizenship.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Ever heard of this poll?!!! Joke!

Must be the poll the gang of eight is using to come up with its plan...
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

correction

most mex-americans back amnesty for their illegal vatos

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Level 1

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Aside from any polls, I've said this before, and believe this to be true;

If we vehemently cracked down on all companies who hire illegals - primarily in the construction, roofing, and agriculture industries, this would not even be a subject any of us would be discussing.

As long as employers are given a free pass to hire them, they will come. E-Verify should be a mandatory requirement foe all employers who have any business license. The problem would then be over.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
Yeah, because that's a realistic solution.......

The GOPasaurs still haven't learned a thing from the last election.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently I have a much better understanding of our immigration laws than do you.
How many junior high school dropouts do you want in the work force?
How many seventh grade "women" do you want popping out babies so they can realize that good old "American Dream?"
How many high school dropouts does your employer have on its payroll?
Why do you think uneducated foreign nationals should be given preference over educated, self supporting people standing in line to come here legally?
How many uneducated, unskilled welfare recipients are you willing to support?
We, as well as every other country on the planet, have standards and requirements for legal entry. There is a very valid reason for those requirements. If they can't meet the standards, don't expect them to sneak in and be welcomed.
You get back to me after you have opened up your home, taken a few illegals in and adopted them. I'll continue to pester my elected officials to vote to round them all up and ship them home.
Typical GOPasaur response.

Get used to losing elections......

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
regarding surprises... don't be surprised if a few of us americans start to fight back. and kill these citizens from other countries who are in the usa ILLEGALLY.
POW! right between the eyes. it'll be a turkey shoot.
you don't want to play by the rules. then, why should we?
Psst, you're more likely to be mistaken for an illegal with those slanty eyes of yours and POW!....

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Cricket 23 wrote:
Police Watch as SB1070 Illegal alien supporters desecrate US Flag during
National Anthem
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
It's called freedom of speech.

Not suprising you don't understand our constitution.

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert wrote:
Absolutely not, we need a law which says if you are found in this country illegally you will be forever denied the right to us citizenship.
Good luck getting that passed.

Are ALL of you idiots completely out of touch with reality?

Why not just pass a law which uses the magical powers of your sky-god creature to teleport all illegals out of the country.......

Level 1

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

TonyT1961 wrote:
Aside from any polls, I've said this before, and believe this to be true;
If we vehemently cracked down on all companies who hire illegals - primarily in the construction, roofing, and agriculture industries, this would not even be a subject any of us would be discussing.
As long as employers are given a free pass to hire them, they will come. E-Verify should be a mandatory requirement foe all employers who have any business license. The problem would then be over.
E-verify IS manadorty in Arizona, and less than half of all businesses comply with the law. Just how are you going to force that many businesses to comply? Fine them? What if they simply refuse to pay the fine just as they're currently refusing to use E-verify? Even if you COULD enforce it, are you going to shut down over half of all businesses in Arizona? Gee, I wonder what that would do to the economy??
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical GOPasaur response.
Get used to losing elections......
With you guys...there won't be many elections left. That is why we are spending hundreds of billions of dollars on black box projects designed to keep us in line or eliminate many people on earth. Putting a priority on two gay people embarassing the common sense of the population even letting them have children while the normal way is destroyed as men and womens intelligence lowers to push this insanity. The good news is after the worse happens the real vengeance will begin.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
E-verify IS manadorty in Arizona, and less than half of all businesses comply with the law. Just how are you going to force that many businesses to comply? Fine them? What if they simply refuse to pay the fine just as they're currently refusing to use E-verify? Even if you COULD enforce it, are you going to shut down over half of all businesses in Arizona? Gee, I wonder what that would do to the economy??
That is the same argument that was used by the south for continuing slavery.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 45
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••