U.S. Immigration Debate: Are Immigran...

U.S. Immigration Debate: Are Immigrants Worsening America's Problems?

There are 11 comments on the ABS-CBN News story from Sep 19, 2013, titled U.S. Immigration Debate: Are Immigrants Worsening America's Problems?. In it, ABS-CBN News reports that:

It has been said that there's a Filipino in every corner of the globe. Sounds exaggerated to me.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABS-CBN News.

Brenda besson

United States

#1 Sep 19, 2013
Yes they are making problems worst,thats why there will be no reform,get the hell out wherever you are from.thank god for republicans thats all I can say.we have enough people here.live in your own country not mine.
Adale

Westwood, MA

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Immigration is not like it was 100 or even 50 years ago.many who landed on Ellis island where sent back to Europe for various reasons and all had documents to enter the country.
No social welfare programs existed so they had no choice but to work. And they worked hard and
built America.
That is no longer the case, now it's
all about free benefits and nothing
to do with being American.

Send them back.
Brenda besson

United States

#3 Sep 19, 2013
Adale wrote:
Immigration is not like it was 100 or even 50 years ago.many who landed on Ellis island where sent back to Europe for various reasons and all had documents to enter the country.
No social welfare programs existed so they had no choice but to work. And they worked hard and
built America.
Send them back.
exactly like juan.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 19, 2013
immigration needs to stop for at least 10 years or until there is a proven need. when we see companies lay off citizens the push for more immigrant workers it does not help the country and that needs to stop.
putting citizens out of work does not help in any way.
immigrants are not to be a public charge,yet we press 1 for english,cater to their needs like helping with housing we build schools just for them,and they get social services right from the start.
we don't even get rid of them when they break our laws.something left out when gov speaks on this issue is the fact on how it effects the citizens,which should be their only concern.it also seems our gov is rewarding those that hire immigrants instead of citizensmor even lay of citizens and then hire immigrants. we should not bring anyone here just because they want a better life when citizens are doing without.
Brenda besson

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
immigration needs to stop for at least 10 years or until there is a proven need. when we see companies lay off citizens the push for more immigrant workers it does not help the country and that needs to stop.
putting citizens out of work does not help in any way.
immigrants are not to be a public charge,yet we press 1 for english,cater to their needs like helping with housing we build schools just for them,and they get social services right from the start.
we don't even get rid of them when they break our laws.something left out when gov speaks on this issue is the fact on how it effects the citizens,which should be their only concern.it also seems our gov is rewarding those that hire immigrants instead of citizensmor even lay of citizens and then hire immigrants. we should not bring anyone here just because they want a better life when citizens are doing without.
right on there tom,and thats what will happen.this is america so americans first.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Sep 19, 2013
Today I talked to an Iranian school teacher here in Utah. She told me that she was given legal status in this Country in 6 months. But she had all the Documents she needed to gain legality. We talked about Mexicans doing the same thing and she said, their problem is they have no document's. No Birth certificates and other important legal Document's like a Diploma from a University and background information. This women had lived here for 12 year's and was able to bring her husband and Mother here too. I really don't understand that except to say she was a college grad that was employable while most illegals are uneducated and have no formal training and skills set. Or, they simply chose too break the laws and anchor and have lot's of welfare babies...oh yea..that's it.!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 20, 2013
ronnie wrote:
Today I talked to an Iranian school teacher here in Utah. She told me that she was given legal status in this Country in 6 months. But she had all the Documents she needed to gain legality. We talked about Mexicans doing the same thing and she said, their problem is they have no document's. No Birth certificates and other important legal Document's like a Diploma from a University and background information. This women had lived here for 12 year's and was able to bring her husband and Mother here too. I really don't understand that except to say she was a college grad that was employable while most illegals are uneducated and have no formal training and skills set. Or, they simply chose too break the laws and anchor and have lot's of welfare babies...oh yea..that's it.!!!
it seems we are being forced into a north American union. we are forced to tolerate those from the south as if they were our own deadbeat drop outs.

i for one do not see any reason or need to let in anymore people at this time. like the person you mentioned above,thought she did it legally is there proof no citizens was there for the job. far too many citizens are getting shafted so someone from another country can come here. wait until all our young fighters return home,no job yet our gov decides an import needs the job more than a vet or any other citizens qualified for the job.
MoralMajority

Solon, OH

#8 Sep 20, 2013
You have the Republican RINOs on one hand who want the cheap illegal latino labor to make a cheap buck now and the treasonous marxist democrats on the other hand who have the far more insidious reason for letting in and legalizing illegal latino future democratic voters inorder to form a subvoter block of amnestied illegal latino future democratic voters to create permanent democratic majorities for the future.
Brenda besson

United States

#9 Sep 20, 2013
Out out out out all illegals out .
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#10 Sep 20, 2013
Adale wrote:
built America.
Send them back.
People who arrived on Ellis Island 100 years ago did not have any documentation. It did not exist in that day. People simply arrived unannounced. Ellis Island was just a welcome center where their names were recorded and they were processed. It took about two hours and included a six second medical exam. Over 98% of the people were admitted into the US.

In 1921 immigration quotas were put into place. After that large numbers of people immigrated to Canada instead and then entered the US illegally.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Sep 20, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
it seems we are being forced into a north American union. we are forced to tolerate those from the south as if they were our own deadbeat drop outs.
i for one do not see any reason or need to let in anymore people at this time. like the person you mentioned above,thought she did it legally is there proof no citizens was there for the job. far too many citizens are getting shafted so someone from another country can come here. wait until all our young fighters return home,no job yet our gov decides an import needs the job more than a vet or any other citizens qualified for the job.
Yes you 're right Tom. I agree, we need to educate our own people first, but for example. Iran educates there people for free. So does China and many other Country'as. Our Citizens have to go into debt to get an education or trade. And we are also competing with cheap labor, that most Americans have never had to compete with. We had living wages, remember that? Now that Goldman Sachs and The bribed politicians rule, we the born in America, Americans have been disposed of. We used to have a say so in how much we'd work for. Not anymore, because the Gov. brings in Foreigners too take job's for less money. It's a Corporate Country, not a Country for Americans anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Maverick 808 147,667
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 5 hr Jillian 11,374
News ICE Director Confirms Significant Increase in W... 6 hr happyning 9
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 6 hr Red Crosse 537
News Trump Must Keep His Promise: Repeal DACA 7 hr MOPORKINtHEHOLE 289
News Democrats Drop Congeniality as They Fire Away a... 8 hr Noe 85
News Illegal immigrant teenager could be forced betw... 9 hr Wildchild 2
More from around the web