El Paso Named Safest Big City in USA

El Paso Named Safest Big City in USA

There are 71 comments on the KQXT-FM San Antonio story from Dec 9, 2011, titled El Paso Named Safest Big City in USA. In it, KQXT-FM San Antonio reports that:

El Paso has been named the safest big city in the country for a second straight year, and immigrant rights groups say the experience of El Paso shows that so called 'sanctuary city' laws keep everybody safer, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KQXT-FM San Antonio.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
OMG LOL

De Soto, KS

#1 Dec 9, 2011
If you're a Mexican or Hispanic it's safe.
HaHaHaJaJaJa

United States

#2 Dec 9, 2011
Thank you Mr.Reyes,Cook and the El Paso Democrat Leadership. Again.
Vietnam Vet

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 9, 2011
HaHaHaJaJaJa wrote:
Thank you Mr.Reyes,Cook and the El Paso Democrat Leadership. Again.
OMG , you are warped . If brains were dynamite you could not even blow your nose .
The Last Gringo

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 9, 2011
"El Paso Named Safest Big City in USA"

Two Words-> Second Amendment
LOL

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Dec 9, 2011
The Last Gringo wrote:
"El Paso Named Safest Big City in USA"
Two Words-> Second Amendment
Okie dokie!
WRONG

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 9, 2011
WRONG, that's not what CQ, the magazine stated. It stated ONE of the safest cities in the US. Read todays Times for the facts. It won in the over 500,000 category. As the Times states in the large city cat.

How can it be the safest city when there are other cities in other categories even safer?
R U Kidding Me

De Soto, KS

#7 Dec 10, 2011
It must have been rated by Hispanics and Mexicans. You couldn't give me a free trip to El Paso, period!

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 10, 2011
Who ever rated this bogas bull crap must have forgot to included my neighborhood. Not a lot of murders but plenty of crime to drop ElPaso down a few notches in this phoney poll. It just makes me wonder which cities over 500,000 are at the bottem of the list YIKES. Does anyone know cause I want to avoid them at all cost. Maybe they could take a few tips from the ELPD on how to be more stealers sorry I ment safers.
safe for corruption

El Paso, TX

#9 Dec 10, 2011
El Paso - safest city if you are a corrupt city official including cops, school administrator or business contractors
Exactly

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Dec 10, 2011
safe for corruption wrote:
El Paso - safest city if you are a corrupt city official including cops, school administrator or business contractors
I remember Anderson Cooper's special on El Paso in which the Mayor, P. Chief, Sheriff, etc all wanted the border open as they have family there. It was unbelievable!
safe for corruption

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 10, 2011
Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>I remember Anderson Cooper's special on El Paso in which the Mayor, P. Chief, Sheriff, etc all wanted the border open as they have family there. It was unbelievable!
You ain't chitting. Mayor John Crook embraces mexihole and does everything for those people that he doesn't do for el pasoans. i.e. free medical at UMC, free food courtesy of Lonestar and free schooling (not all his fault but they don't do enough to prevent it) courtesy of el paso taxpayers.

I can't wait unti he is recalled. Hell they just dedicated a new park that will be used mostly be mexicans.
Interesting

De Soto, KS

#12 Dec 10, 2011
<quoted text>
You ain't chitting. Mayor John Crook embraces mexihole and does everything for those people that he doesn't do for el pasoans. i.e. free medical at UMC, free food courtesy of Lonestar and free schooling (not all his fault but they don't do enough to prevent it) courtesy of el paso taxpayers.
I can't wait unti he is recalled. Hell they just dedicated a new park that will be used mostly be mexicans.
Is he under a recall or you just wish he would be?
Missouri

El Paso, TX

#13 Dec 10, 2011
He and the dufus duo are under recall, but are appealing that the recall elections be dismissed.
Interesting

De Soto, KS

#14 Dec 10, 2011
Missouri wrote:
He and the dufus duo are under recall, but are appealing that the recall elections be dismissed.
I see. I hope the recall elections hold!
safe for corruption

El Paso, TX

#15 Dec 10, 2011
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text> Is he under a recall or you just wish he would be?
Hell yeah!!! google recall mayor cook -el paso. the recall election is set for May of 2012.
Excellent

De Soto, KS

#16 Dec 10, 2011
<quoted text> Hell yeah!!! google recall mayor cook -el paso. the recall election is set for May of 2012.
Will do, TY!
safe for corruption

El Paso, TX

#17 Dec 10, 2011
Excellent wrote:
<quoted text>Will do, TY!
It's not just him, he along with two other city council clowns are up for recall because they took away the "voting will" of the people after voters had decided on a local matter.
Excellent

De Soto, KS

#18 Dec 10, 2011
<quoted text> It's not just him, he along with two other city council clowns are up for recall because they took away the "voting will" of the people after voters had decided on a local matter.
Oh you mean he thinks he's Obama, Holder and Napolitano doubles?
safe for corruption

El Paso, TX

#19 Dec 10, 2011
Excellent wrote:
<quoted text> Oh you mean he thinks he's Obama, Holder and Napolitano doubles?
There ya go. lol. He chose to provide insurance for his family (which is how he justified his position) vs obeying the will of the voters (who chose not to support insurance benefits for partners of unmarried city employees). It's more than that but that's the gist.
Excellent

De Soto, KS

#20 Dec 10, 2011
<quoted text>There ya go. lol. He chose to provide insurance for his family (which is how he justified his position) vs obeying the will of the voters (who chose not to support insurance benefits for partners of unmarried city employees). It's more than that but that's the gist.
Another one thinking his ch!t doesn't stink and he puts his pants on differently? lol Catch you later, it's time to start dinner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 5 min katrina 1,895
News Attorney General Jeff Sessions repeats Trump th... 18 min slick willie expl... 15
News Requiem for a Sane Immigration Policy 21 min spud 3
News Trump's immigration crackdown is hurting US far... 50 min Jim-ca 77
News The Who's Roger Daltrey slams Hillary Clinton: ... 1 hr DMoriaty 12
News Mass. sheriff's call for arrests spark immigrat... 1 hr tomin cali 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Just Slim 144,724
More from around the web