Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence...

Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence persists

There are 148 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Oct 3, 2013, titled Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence persists. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

In this Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013 photo, Ines Valencia, center, of Coalcoman, Mexico, walks with her three young children after seeking asylum at the border and being released by federal authorities, in San Diego.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#174 Dec 7, 2013
attacking posters and their posts
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

Oakland, CA

#175 Dec 8, 2013
You still haven't told us what your country of origin is. TA! TA!

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#176 Dec 9, 2013
liberty wrote:
hey dumb a$$ I have two degrees and probably know 3 times more than you do for all you know I might be a computer hacker I know it kills you guys to hear the truth about yourselves that none of you stayed to fight for your own country and yes impress us americans and show that you are not law breakers go home and apply for citizenship and do it the right way instead of breaking the law and yes impress us raise and pay all the cost or your anchors without u.s. government assistance the only reason these anchors were droppen in the u.s. is so the u.s. taxpayers can foot you guys bills you want to be real people do things the right way and you might be looked at a whole lot different and yes our borders should be protected and closed and a round up within the u.s. and if your gram refers to drugs no I do not do drugs never have and never a desire to I put my mind fully into my job and education because I have a really good job after an extra 6 years of education with no handouts scolarships and parents paid for rest I do good and no it is not right for u.s. taxpayers to keep people up that never paid any taxes at all and as far as that goes you work in the u.s. from day one taxes should be taken out no matter who you are uncle sam should get his part everyone yells they want to be equal then everything should be equal
So tell me is ignorance bliss?
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#177 Dec 9, 2013
If the US and Mexico wanted the border secured, it would be secured. If the US and Mexico wanted to stop the flow of drugs, the flow of drugs would stop. If these two governments would get serious, we would have no drug or illegal alien problems. The problem isn't with the law, it's with the refusal to enforce the law.

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#178 Dec 9, 2013
spud wrote:
If the US and Mexico wanted the border secured, it would be secured. If the US and Mexico wanted to stop the flow of drugs, the flow of drugs would stop. If these two governments would get serious, we would have no drug or illegal alien problems. The problem isn't with the law, it's with the refusal to enforce the law.
You're correct spud. If our Government wanted drugs stoppped there are many things it could do to at least stop the illegal drugs. If they want the border closed to illegal crossings that would happen as well. Just as if they want all illegals gone they would be gone. So basically the Government is in collusion. Having said that I don't think they should deport families after they have been allowed to stay here for years on end. They have been allowed to work, buy homes, cars and yes pay taxes then want them to lose everything by sending them out. I simply don't think that is right.

“The One and Only”

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#179 Dec 9, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> you're the one who needs to worry, in the past you've done nothing but troll around under different personas attacking their posts and THREATENING all who disagree with your views. I'm sure they.... FBI, TOPIX and who knows who else (Snowden)? all know WHO % WHAT YOU ARE. TA! TA!
I enjoy reading your complaints about me. TA! TA!

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#180 Dec 9, 2013
spud wrote:
That should tell you something. It means that "the powers that be" don't want those laws. So they don't enforce them.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#181 Dec 10, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
That should tell you something. It means that "the powers that be" don't want those laws. So they don't enforce them.
It's not their prerogative to enforce only the laws they agree with. It's their duty to enforce all laws.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#182 Dec 10, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll see if we can't make those "powers that be" unemployed next election. Democrats and the neocon leadership of the Republican party are all expendable idiots. They are the status quo who are running this country into the dirt. It's tea time.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#183 Dec 10, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the way to do it as they took an oath to enforce them, and if they think they need changing there are procedures for doing so according to our Constitution. Does that mean the promises they make and oaths they take are actually meaningless??? Are we to just accept this behavior and hope for the best?

“Peace”

Level 8

Location hidden

#184 Dec 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>We'll see if we can't make those "powers that be" unemployed next election. Democrats and the neocon leadership of the Republican party are all expendable idiots. They are the status quo who are running this country into the dirt. It's tea time.
I agree with you on the program but not the solution.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#185 Dec 10, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you on the program but not the solution.
My dear friend White American. You have become more amiable and diplomatic over the years and that is to be commended. I still find it fairly easy to predict your final position. Nothing wrong with that. Your opinion is as important as anyone elses as long as you're considering both sides.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#186 Dec 10, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the way to do it as they took an oath to enforce them, and if they think they need changing there are procedures for doing so according to our Constitution. Does that mean the promises they make and oaths they take are actually meaningless??? Are we to just accept this behavior and hope for the best?
There is a lot more going on than meets the eye.

Here's an idiom:

"The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law is an idiomatic antithesis. When one obeys the letter of the law but not the spirit, one is obeying the literal interpretation of the words (the "letter") of the law, but not the intent of those who wrote the law. Conversely, when one obeys the spirit of the law but not the letter, one is doing what the authors of the law intended, though not necessarily adhering to the literal wording."

Source: Wikipedia

Most, if not all, people who demand that the law be enforced are interpreting the law literally, not in substance "or the spirit."

Judges and politicians can very well be enforcing the "intent" or the "spirit" of the law and not be enforcing the letter of the law. This is what makes some people believe they are not enforcing the law at all.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#187 Dec 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>We'll see if we can't make those "powers that be" unemployed next election. Democrats and the neocon leadership of the Republican party are all expendable idiots. They are the status quo who are running this country into the dirt. It's tea time.
You really are clueless. The powers that be are not necessarily the politicians in office.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#188 Dec 10, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are clueless. The powers that be are not necessarily the politicians in office.
Who said they were. It's all about the money. That's terribly wrong, but that's the way it is for now. You should watch the way you throw meaningless critiques around, lest you lose whatever credibility you have.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#189 Dec 10, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Who said they were. It's all about the money. That's terribly wrong, but that's the way it is for now. You should watch the way you throw meaningless critiques around, lest you lose whatever credibility you have.
It's just that you don't agree with them.
spud

Blakeslee, PA

#190 Dec 11, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just that you don't agree with them.
When you're condescending and insulting toward someone, it's more than just disagreement.

“The One and Only”

Location hidden

#191 Dec 11, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>When you're condescending and insulting toward someone, it's more than just disagreement.
Condescending and insulting to someone? WTF?

Do you believe others don't do the same?
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#192 Dec 12, 2013
zanony wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoy reading your complaints about me. TA! TA!
You're the one of many of your split personality personas complaining about all who stand against illegals, interesting. By the way who is "we" asking about my country of origin? FOR YOU & ALL YOUR "we's"-- NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!
Badtothebone

Bronx, NY

#193 Dec 14, 2013
aztecwarrior wrote:
we mexicans have conquered your country. We have 3 kids per women while you only have 1.5 . WE own your country.

We use you and your people. We take advantage of your stupidity and use it to our advantage. You are pathetic morons who do our bidding. If I tell you to clean my ass, you do it without hesitation. You are my slave and you are to stupid to realize it. By you having more kids means we white men will always have a plentiful supply of pathetic slaves to do our work. you leave me with more time to spend with my darling Jenny. Thank you for being a whimp.

Your Master,
Badtothebone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News David Harsanyi: The comforting fictions of Obam... 10 min Obama Support Cri... 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 32 min PastorHaggardMeth... 17,627
News Trump: Brexit 'a great thing,' EU to continue t... 47 min Cordwainer Trout 5
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 1 hr krushy1372 435
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 1 hr Twisted Brain 38
News Cruel bully or modern-day Wyatt Earp? Sheriff's... 2 hr Massage4141 29
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 2 hr quetzalcoatl 284
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr VorenusI 144,059
More from around the web