Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence...

Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence persists

There are 148 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Oct 3, 2013, titled Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence persists. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

In this Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013 photo, Ines Valencia, center, of Coalcoman, Mexico, walks with her three young children after seeking asylum at the border and being released by federal authorities, in San Diego.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

ur n ilis Myka Ashanti

Oakland, CA

#127 Nov 7, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> you wanted facts, YOU GOT THEM and because the truth hurts you are now denouncing your own people? LOL! LOL! sin calcones,(sin huevos) you are a trolling UNREGISTERED troll!
http://www.sappho.net/ilis/
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#128 Nov 7, 2013
LOL! hey... sin calcones, y sin huevos why are you so angry? TA! TA! are your veins bulging.....and ready to burst? as in human combustion? LOL! Oh but you aren't human......but you can still explode ferociously like a wild animal!
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#129 Nov 7, 2013
ima lezbo Myka Ashanti wrote:
I have a huuuuge purple strap on!!!!!!
the one dangling and hanging out of your mouth? use it to wipe your rear end when you have a BM. lol!
ur n Ilis Myka Ashanti

Oakland, CA

#130 Nov 7, 2013
<quoted text> the one dangling and hanging out of your mouth? use it to wipe your rear end when you have a BM. lol!
If you don't like purple, pick whatever color you want.
ur n Ilis Myka Ashanti

Oakland, CA

#131 Nov 7, 2013
Oh, but it's got to be a huuuuuuuge strap-on huh?
ur n Ilis Myka Ashanti

Oakland, CA

#132 Nov 7, 2013
LOL! hey... sin calcones, y sin huevos why are you so angry? TA! TA! are your veins bulging.....and ready to burst? as in human combustion? LOL! Oh but you aren't human......but you can still explode ferociously like a wild animal!
What? Me angy? Oh hell no!!!!

If you could only hear me laughing!!!!!!!

Shut up stupid!!!!!1
John Marino United States

Hilo, HI

#135 Dec 3, 2013
I am a Mexican Princess or maybe a Hawaiian Princess. The Keys Of Carolina Charlotte, North Carolina.
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#136 Dec 3, 2013
all I can see is you illegals cannot do anything for your own country to scared to stand and defend it so you would be scared to fight for the u.s. if you will not fight for your own country what makes you think americans can trust you all of you have already broke the law by not applying to come here legally and you know what you sit and argue with the americans because we do not want you all here go home and fight for your own country we have real heroes here that fight for ours quit trying to push yourselves on the americans and lets see you be real people and go home and make your stand for your own country no matter who is after you guys the americans still do not want you here and will never trust you how do you trust people who run from their own troubles the u.s. is not your mommy and daddy or a security blanket
wild child

Bronx, NY

#137 Dec 3, 2013
liberty wrote:
all I can see is you illegals cannot do anything for your own country to scared to stand and defend it so you would be scared to fight for the u.s. if you will not fight for your own country what makes you think americans can trust you all of you have already broke the law by not applying to come here legally and you know what you sit and argue with the americans because we do not want you all here go home and fight for your own country we have real heroes here that fight for ours quit trying to push yourselves on the americans and lets see you be real people and go home and make your stand for your own country no matter who is after you guys the americans still do not want you here and will never trust you how do you trust people who run from their own troubles the u.s. is not your mommy and daddy or a security blanket
so true liberty, we dont trust them and dont want them.
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#138 Dec 3, 2013
wild child no we do not trust them or want them they can talk so big and bad to americans but cannot go defend and take their own country back and make it liveable you know they are nothing but a scared bunch of loosers and their offspring to my kids are not allowed to socialize with them and they do not want to you know when you have a bunch of crappy people like them that use our government and that is all they want that is really a set back of where they came from and what kind of people they are my children and all the other moms I talk to and hang with their children do not associate with these kids either never will forget about two years ago one of my childs friends father came home from Iraq and he said I have been gone awhile but not long enough for all these invaders he said they are everywhere kind of makes me think what am I and my friends doing defending a country that is letting this happen in my own backyard he then said I do not want to defend my country for these people just the American people it seems worthless to do what I do for a bunch of illegal invaders
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#139 Dec 3, 2013
let me ask you something just read that some of our marines in Afghanistan have had a rough time fighting the past few days and maybe 9 are gone is it not sad that our men and women that joined our armed forces are going through what they are going through and our government is not deporting a bunch of illegals out of here sitting there getting all the government freebies and anything else they can get and would run before they would defend the u.s. government they sit there and wait on the freebies to roll in every month while our troops are out there defending our country and these people would sit back and let someone else do it while they enjoy America a bunch of worthless cowards that do not care anything about being here except for what they can get you know they should go out round them all up put them in the military and tell them you want to be in America you love America then prove it fight for it I know how it feels come from a big military family and anyone who reads this and has family or friends defending our country I want to say thank you and hope they come home safe

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#140 Dec 3, 2013
Why hasn't USA nuked Mexico by now it beats me?!
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#141 Dec 3, 2013
me to they come over here demanding with the u.s. like they want war and they were to ignorant to fix their own country we could go thru in 2 hours that is funny to say or think Mexican army lol what they need to do is bring our people home put them heavily on our borders and start some more on each end of the country rounding up until they meet in the middle full round up take them all back across the border and dump them it would make the u.s. a better place our schools are getting worse and worse saw that today ONLINE OUR educational system is falling bad and it was one of the top systems in the world and since our educational system is falling other things to follow until we end up a third world country don't know why we don't round them up send them back and then nuke them get all the ones out of here first yea it beats me to
Americas Real Voice

Chula Vista, CA

#142 Dec 3, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
Hart-Celler Act hearings 1965 Quote: Senate immigration subcommittee chairman Edward Kennedy (D-MA.) reassured his colleagues and the nation with the following:
"First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same ... Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset ... Contrary to the charges in some quarters,[the bill] will not inundate America with immigrants from any one country or area, or the most populated and deprived nations of Africa and Asia ... In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think."
Sen. Kennedy concluded by saying,
"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 1-3.)
"KENNEDY SHOULD'VE BEEN SHOT FOR THIS! Oh, wait..."

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#143 Dec 4, 2013
just a guy i knew wrote:
Why hasn't USA nuked Mexico by now it beats me?!
A war with Mexico would be worst than the Afghanistan war.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#145 Dec 4, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
The United States asked Mexico to crack down on the drug cartels and they did. Now Mexico is paying for doing so by losing thousands and thousands of lives.
It is our duty to take those that are being so badly effected by this war on drugs and give them asylum at least until the Mexican Government has the drug cartels under control.
Duty? We have to take care of our own people long before we take on another corrupt country's people. These people have been known to lie...what's to stop them from lying about why they want to come here? We keep spreading ourselves thin, while there are US citizen children who need our help far more. We have a problem here. There are parents who are getting subsidized by the taxpayers to feed and clothe their children, yet they spend the supplements on everything but those kids. I am far more concerned for these kids, as THEY are our future.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#146 Dec 4, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Duty? We have to take care of our own people long before we take on another corrupt country's people. These people have been known to lie...what's to stop them from lying about why they want to come here? We keep spreading ourselves thin, while there are US citizen children who need our help far more. We have a problem here. There are parents who are getting subsidized by the taxpayers to feed and clothe their children, yet they spend the supplements on everything but those kids. I am far more concerned for these kids, as THEY are our future.
You're trying to say that "we're spreading ourselves thin"?

Well please show us all how you came to that conclusion?

Level 10

Location hidden

#147 Dec 4, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
You're trying to say that "we're spreading ourselves thin"?
Well please show us all how you came to that conclusion?
Are you suggesting that handing out about 50 billion in foreign aid isn't spreading ourselves thinly???? The money never seems to get to the people or causes for which it was earmarked.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/us-f...

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R42621.pdf

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#148 Dec 4, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Are you suggesting that handing out about 50 billion in foreign aid isn't spreading ourselves thinly???? The money never seems to get to the people or causes for which it was earmarked.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/us-f...
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R42621.pdf
Maybe you might want to believe that we're spreading ourselves thin during a recession but foreign aid is very strategic and well above the understanding of most Americans.

The moral of the story is that people lke you will support foreign aid so long as you benefit from it but if other people in the USA that you don't like benefit from it, then it's a bad thing.

Level 10

Location hidden

#149 Dec 4, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you might want to believe that we're spreading ourselves thin during a recession but foreign aid is very strategic and well above the understanding of most Americans.
The moral of the story is that people lke you will support foreign aid so long as you benefit from it but if other people in the USA that you don't like benefit from it, then it's a bad thing.
What's to understand...how many corrupt nations have we bankrolled that turned on us more times than once??? How did that strategically help the average Joe??? So now you think you are Aesop? I think, and have always thought that we should help needy countries on a need-be basis...just throwing money at them for decades has changed nothing for the most part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 min Quirky 140,907
News Ann Coulter: With amnesty, elites conspire agai... (May '15) 43 min private guy 135
News Glenn Beck Asks Policy Analyst Which Candidate ... 45 min private guy 36
News "I have never seen negatives that high," says a... 1 hr Trumping On 78
News Arrests in Seattle as May Day marchers take to ... 2 hr Raydot 22
News Republicans downplay Trump rally unrest in Cali... 2 hr PauldenZangpo0521 284
News Immigrants rush to become US citizens just in c... 2 hr Raydot 7
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 4 hr positronium 5,416
More from around the web