Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence...

Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence persists

There are 146 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Oct 3, 2013, titled Mexicans seek asylum as drug violence persists. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

In this Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013 photo, Ines Valencia, center, of Coalcoman, Mexico, walks with her three young children after seeking asylum at the border and being released by federal authorities, in San Diego.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#63 Nov 3, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
<quoted text>
I say we ignore unregistered trolls.
Really, why don't they register? They post enough (mostly garbage though.) So why don't they register?
All registered posters should just ignore unregistered trolls.
And your location is??

“My Colostomy Bag is Full”

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Sterling, CO

#64 Nov 3, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And your location is??
I jump for joy every time an illegal becomes legal. Its proof that your way is just a dream.

Welcome to the United Hispanic States of America. First Mexico will fully influence the southwest and then we'll have Puerto Rico as a 51st State influence the east.

We will block off all trade routes for your supplies and then force your grandkids to Speak Spanish.

Long gone are the days of angry old white men. We will have STK orders in effect.

“My Colostomy Bag is Full”

Level 2

Since: Feb 11

Sterling, CO

#65 Nov 3, 2013
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti wrote:
<quoted text> hey sin calcones, I don't give a damn if you or anyone else DON'T RESPOND to any of my posts....as I'm just saying whatever I want on what ever I want, JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO. Not so MUCH TO SEE WHAT RESPONSES I GET! besides it's extremely important I keep my identity TO MYSELF, comprendes sin calcones? I don't care who you are or WHAT YOU ARE OR WHAT EXCREMENT YOU EXPEL FROM THAT ELONGATED SHAPED HEAD OF YOURS. TA! TA! have a foul evening and a foul tomorrow!
When the framers made the constitution.... there were no such thing as illegals therefore any law thereafter that makes a person illegal is unconstitutional.
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#67 Nov 3, 2013
Wheelchair Commando wrote:
<quoted text>
When the framers made the constitution.... there were no such thing as illegals therefore any law thereafter that makes a person illegal is unconstitutional.
ah! what ever happened to you're disregarding UNREGISTERED posters? SCREW off and screw onto another of your aliases!
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#68 Nov 3, 2013
lol wrote:
Major Drug Tunnel Found on US-Mexico Border
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/major-drug...
they should seal it up leaving everything in it inside, for all we know even terrorists are making use if it.

Level 8

#70 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>

I jump for joy every time an illegal becomes legal.

Its proof that your way is just a dream.

Welcome to the United Hispanic States of America. First Mexico will fully influence the southwest and then we'll have Puerto Rico as a 51st State influence the east.

We will block off all trade routes for your supplies and then force your grandkids to Speak Spanish.

Long gone are the days of angry old white men. We will have STK orders in effect.
Zanonii is that you??

Well MJ is legal in Colorado so "Wheelchair Commando" you're living proof!

So "Wheelchair Commando" how high can you jump out of the Wheelchair?
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#71 Nov 3, 2013
[QUOTE Who="Wheelchair Commando"]<quoted text>
I jump for joy every time an illegal becomes legal. Its proof that your way is just a dream.
[/QUOTE] Ta! Ta! sin calcones (sin huevos)

Level 8

#72 Nov 3, 2013
<quoted text>

When the framers made the constitution.... there were no such thing as illegals therefore any law thereafter that makes a person illegal

is unconstitutional.
Source??

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#74 Nov 4, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have to agree with him. I haven't researched it, but I don't believe there were any immigration laws when the constitution was developed.
To my knowledge, it wasn't until past the late 1800s that immigration really became an issue. Some of the very first immigration laws were aimed at the southern Europeans. The eugenicists were the main ones enforcing those immigration laws.
In 1790, Congress enacted rules stating that any free white person could apply for citizenship after having lived in this country for two years.

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#75 Nov 4, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>In 1790, Congress enacted rules stating that any free white person could apply for citizenship after having lived in this country for two years.
In other words any white person that wasn't indentured.

Level 10

Location hidden

#78 Nov 4, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, any white person could just swim over, sneak into the country, live here for two years and apply for instant citizenship. That's amazing!
Yep, I found it to be as well.

Level 10

Location hidden

#79 Nov 4, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
Mexicans were considered white until sometime in the early 1900s. Then it was decided that they had 'too much Indian' and could no longer be considered white.
When some Hispanics were arrested for committing crimes, they were erroneously listed as being white, which would skew the crime stats of ethnicities, don't you agree?

Level 10

Location hidden

#81 Nov 4, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
The possibility is there but I doubt it happens.
You see this is how it works.
If you're a Hispanic achiever and look white, they just give you an Anglicized name.
If you're a Hispanic loser and look white, they make it a point to emphasize that you're Hispanic.
Remember Martin Zimmerman? Well, the media made certain that the public found out that Zimmerman's mother is Hispanic. So despite his 'Zimmerman' name, the world knows his mother is Hispanic! There really are threads about that in these forums.
<quoted text>
I think it is more than a possiblity, I think it's a probability. Frankly, the ethnicity of Zimmerman's mom was irrelevant to the story, and the media just likes to lure viewers into their web of deceptions with sensationalism and inconsequential details. Kind of like the way they costanntly cover up the messes BO keeps propogating.

Level 8

#83 Nov 5, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have to agree with him. I haven't researched it, but I don't believe there were any immigration laws when the constitution was developed.
To my knowledge, it wasn't until past the late 1800s that immigration really became an issue. Some of the very first immigration laws were aimed at the southern Europeans. The eugenicists were the main ones enforcing those immigration laws.
Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution says this

Section. 9.

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
Mr Taxpayer

Oakland, CA

#84 Nov 5, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution says this
Section. 9.
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
Here are the demographics projections for 2050:
http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/de...
Scroll down to the last graph.

This is what is says:
non-Hispanic Whites - declining, will be less than 40%
Hispanics - increasing, will be more than 40%
Blacks - slight decline, will be less than 20%
Asians - slight increase, will be less than 20%

So there you have it Mr. Taxpayer Cricket, if you don't like the future start packing your bags and securing your one-way ticket out of here.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#85 Nov 5, 2013
Mexico is a failed state, a third world country. There will always be drugs and violence.
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#87 Nov 5, 2013
just a guy i knew wrote:
Mexico is a failed state, a third world country. There will always be drugs and violence.
There are drugs and violence in all countries stupid.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#88 Nov 5, 2013
just a guy i knew wrote:
Failed state? Mexico has the 14th largest economy in the world. Their economy is bigger then most countries in Europe.

Location hidden

#89 Nov 5, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
<quoted text>
Define Third World country to me bright one?
3rd world country a.k.a Zimbabwe. By the way how come US has another neighbor up north yet that US neighbor is rich, democratic, prosperous? Is something wrong with you people or what, something has gone bad with your DNA? You have as a nighbor the richest country in the world yet you are behaving like subhumans.

Location hidden

#90 Nov 5, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Failed state? Mexico has the 14th largest economy in the world. Their economy is bigger then most countries in Europe.
Sure. Yet Mexico like Afghanistan has large parts of country under control of drug dealers. Doesn't your own government tell you to be careful when going to Mexico?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Trump Supporter Goes Nuclear on Maxine Wa... 26 min Retribution 20
News NPR Boosts Latina Teens' Pro-Illegal Immigratio... 26 min Farting more 2
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 33 min Jimmy 8,465
News Las Vegas immigration activist: 'We're going to... 51 min spytheweb 5
News Former DHS Sec Says Trump's Rhetoric 'Scared Of... 56 min spytheweb 1
News Lindsey Graham chokes up as he credits John McC... 1 hr spytheweb 1
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr leprechauna 146,658
More from around the web