5Republicans' increasing reliance on ...

5Republicans' increasing reliance on white voters may not spell electoral doom just yet

There are 3 comments on the The Washington Post story from Aug 3, 2014, titled 5Republicans' increasing reliance on white voters may not spell electoral doom just yet. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

It's a widely accepted idea that Republicans are sitting on a demographic time bomb: The GOP is getting whiter and whiter in terms of the voters it attracts even as the country is growing increasingly diverse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#1 Aug 3, 2014
Maybe its widely accepted at the Washington Post.The facts are Bush got a majority of Hispanics when he was Governor of Texas and his brother-Jeb-the same in FL.Jeb can speak Spanish and I think his brother also knew a lot of Spanish.That is the key to future Republican Presidents.In order to get at least 40% of the Hispanic vote so you can win the White House you need candidates that are bilingual and/or Hispanic themselves.This will happen in the future.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Aug 4, 2014
WASH POST MONDAY: Hillary now much more popular than Obama, perceived as stronger leader... Developing... The Washington Compost is trying to Separate Hillary from Obama and Benghazi...........what a hoot. You couldn't separate Hillary from Benghazi with a fillet knife.
Don Draper

Chicago, IL

#3 Aug 4, 2014
radiofreeamerica wrote:
Maybe its widely accepted at the Washington Post.The facts are Bush got a majority of Hispanics when he was Governor of Texas and his brother-Jeb-the same in FL.Jeb can speak Spanish and I think his brother also knew a lot of Spanish.That is the key to future Republican Presidents.In order to get at least 40% of the Hispanic vote so you can win the White House you need candidates that are bilingual and/or Hispanic themselves.This will happen in the future.
Jeb Bush called illegal immigration an act of love and Dubya wanted to make it easier to cross the border.

Many anti immigration folks consider them RINO's.

The hardcore Republicans are turning away anyone who isn't a redneck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 8 min Raydot 147,911
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 30 min Katrina 12,059
News Meet Pamela, a soon-to-be-undocumented immigran... 1 hr Wildchild 2
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 2 hr realist 1,279
News Diagnosing Trump: Did America elect a madman? 3 hr Clinton crime family 193
News Mark Sanford reflects after returning to House (Jan '14) 12 hr Elmer Gantry 6
News Steve King promotes tax reform amendment that w... 16 hr tomin cali 1
More from around the web