Leading Democrat: Gun control faces u...

Leading Democrat: Gun control faces uphill climb

There are 3 comments on the KHQ-TV Spokane story from Jan 27, 2013, titled Leading Democrat: Gun control faces uphill climb. In it, KHQ-TV Spokane reports that:

The Democrat who's introduced an assault weapon ban acknowledges the measure faces an "uphill climb" to pass Congress but says public support is on her side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHQ-TV Spokane.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jan 27, 2013
Feinstein's bill may have public support from her district. But as it reads I doubt it has much more than the 10 states that are jumping on the "if it saves just one person" bandwagon. The people that use common sense and logic know a gun ban will stop no criminals. It may just cost one more person their life due to the unintended consequences that always pop up in these knee jerk reaction laws.

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#2 Jan 27, 2013
They'd save more children if they immolated themselves in a green and ecological fashion, of course.
Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Jan 27, 2013
"The America public is on our side"..........Nonsense Diane! Nice try. The oldest debating tool in the book. When you are losing badly just lie. What can you lose? I desperately want Diane Feinstein to make the incorrect assumption that the majority of Americans support infringement of the 2nd Amendment & additional restrictions on law abiding gun owners. Please, please, please all liberals, believe Feinstein's lie! You'll become a believer in 2014 I promise. The truth of the matter is the hour is later than she realized. This isn't 1994. Almost no one was on the Internet in 1994. The ban passed before any real debate. This gun grab is all over the Internet now and she can't understand that people have mobilized by the millions to stop her. This is typical of the older generation. Does your company have a 55 year old as the IT guru or does it have a 29 year old? Poor Diane just didn't look at the calendar. Warning to lib politicians. This independent voter is watching ever local race from Sheriff to city council to national reps. Support this ban at your own political risk. It's as simple as that. You're not restricting our rights because of criminals anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 4 min YouDidntBuildThat 25
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 9 min Ismail 995
News A big chunk of Donald Trumpa s supporters were ... 1 hr Mikey 19
News Corpses of Dead Migrants Plague Rural Texas Cou... 1 hr HOLLA ISABELLA 57
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Jack 3,667
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Tinka 141,602
News Immigration agents make 39 arrests in Elkhart C... (Sep '08) 2 hr Chu Chu Rubusco 49
More from around the web