GOP senators' assault shows tough path for immigration measure

May 9, 2013 Full story: The Washington Post

The difficult road ahead for comprehensive immigration reform became more evident Thursday as Republican critics mounted a sustained assault on the legislation, demanding that it include considerably greater border security measures before legalizing any undocumented immigrants.

Full Story

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1 May 10, 2013
I am rather looking forward to this, GOP is trapped.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 May 10, 2013
Me too, the people want to improve economic growth, not harm workers by allowing illegal immigrants to take more jobs.
Cat74

Elgin, IL

#4 May 10, 2013
Well, if the illegal aliens we let in a few years ago didn't try to blow up Boston, and maim all those people we might look at them differently. We want all the immigrants possible, but we want them to come in legally. No one respects the criminal element. We have laws. Respect them or go home.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#5 May 10, 2013
Okay, so they legalize a few qualified million!!!! What about chain migration, spouses in Mexihell and kids as well. When does it end? We need to take over Mexihell, clean it up. Fix the crime levels, give all Mexicans job's repairing infrastructure, and call it a day. Fix the hell they came from and maybe they won't leave. The mess we're getting ourselves into, just is not worth it. It won't pass, and if it does the House will change it so much it won't look the same. We also wonder what happens to millions that never qualify. Where will they go? Will we deport them? What a mess.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#6 May 10, 2013
It isn't about fixing where the illegal aliens came from. They want to lay around like slobs, and get their freebies until in a few years America will be as destroyed as Mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr X Crypsis X 137,336
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 5 hr Here Is One 1,543
Bobby Jindal: 'Let's be honest here, Islam has ... 5 hr NoahLovesU 223
Border-crossers should stay in Texas, a Califor... (Jul '14) 6 hr see the light 6
El Paso ID Program Aims to Aid Undocumented 6 hr POS 36
Team Rubio message: Ready to run 6 hr radiofreeamerica 3
Boise Immigration Rally Draws Hundreds, Call fo... (May '13) 8 hr The real zeke 12
More from around the web