Demonizing Migrant Children Proves An...

Demonizing Migrant Children Proves An Epic Fail For Anti-Immigrant Groups

There are 24 comments on the ThinkProgress story from Jul 22, 2014, titled Demonizing Migrant Children Proves An Epic Fail For Anti-Immigrant Groups. In it, ThinkProgress reports that:

Anti-immigrant groups have hit upon the issue of children fleeing violence who are arriving unaccompanied by adults at our southern border.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ThinkProgress.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 22, 2014
epic fail are those so brain dead they do not see this as a scam.
Duh

Beverly, MA

#3 Jul 22, 2014
There is a serious disconnect among the Right and Teabaggers who cry about abortion and then turn around and crap all over immigrant children.

Kids are kids. And when they are in trouble, whether or not they are in the womb, you would hope that the people of the a United States would make themselves available to help.

But nope, apparently kids are only important while in the womb and white and the mother is not an immigrant.

But if you have been born into an unfortunate situation and fleeing danger, well then, I guess life just is not fair and you get your brown ass put on a bus or plane and sent back to die.

Nice job "compassionate" republicans. You have shown your true nature protesting buses and scaring little kids.

Nice job!
libby

United States

#4 Jul 22, 2014
Duh wrote:
There is a serious disconnect among the Right and Teabaggers who cry about abortion and then turn around and crap all over immigrant children.
Kids are kids. And when they are in trouble, whether or not they are in the womb, you would hope that the people of the a United States would make themselves available to help.
But nope, apparently kids are only important while in the womb and white and the mother is not an immigrant.
But if you have been born into an unfortunate situation and fleeing danger, well then, I guess life just is not fair and you get your brown ass put on a bus or plane and sent back to die.
Nice job "compassionate" republicans. You have shown your true nature protesting buses and scaring little kids.
Nice job!
If you are so "concerned" about these illegals, then bring them to your house. I live in Texas, and we've been paying for years. Who will pay for them? This is not a Republican issue, it's an American issue. By the way, I'm a black, college educated, professional American. Black people are hurt the worst with this influx. My neighborhood is overrun by "illegals". We have to constantly call the police, code compliance. I'm sick of driving around seeing their laundry drying on fences or cars. In the last five years, I've had THREE different illegal families. The last residents had rats/roaches crawling everywhere. Code compliance had to condemn the property. Recently, our mayor had to ask residents to stop pouring grease and other things into the kitchen sinks. I've lived here 68 years and we've never had so many sewer problems. These kids urinate in your yards, steal your outdoor lights. Every weekend, the parents drink in the front yards and play loud music. So, why don't all the bleeding hearts, let them move into their home/community, then let's see what the bleeding hearts will do.
sandy1

Southold, NY

#5 Jul 22, 2014
libby wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are so "concerned" about these illegals, then bring them to your house. I live in Texas, and we've been paying for years. Who will pay for them? This is not a Republican issue, it's an American issue. By the way, I'm a black, college educated, professional American. Black people are hurt the worst with this influx. My neighborhood is overrun by "illegals". We have to constantly call the police, code compliance. I'm sick of driving around seeing their laundry drying on fences or cars. In the last five years, I've had THREE different illegal families. The last residents had rats/roaches crawling everywhere. Code compliance had to condemn the property. Recently, our mayor had to ask residents to stop pouring grease and other things into the kitchen sinks. I've lived here 68 years and we've never had so many sewer problems. These kids urinate in your yards, steal your outdoor lights. Every weekend, the parents drink in the front yards and play loud music. So, why don't all the bleeding hearts, let them move into their home/community, then let's see what the bleeding hearts will do.
Great post ,Libby! It's amazing how these leeching criminal supporters conveniently forget that there are 50 million Americans living below the poverty line. They also refuse to acknowledge the violence compliments of ms-13.
Don Draper

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 22, 2014
Duh wrote:
Nice job!
Sorry, you are wrong.

"Pro lifers" believe that life begins at conception and ends at birth, that's why the value an embryo more than a 6 year old.

These are the same clowns that call for carpet bombing of the middle east.
ronnie

West Jordan, UT

#7 Jul 22, 2014
Less th3e 3% are kids... All are over 15-16 years old.. The morons in charge sure as hell want us to believe they're kids,,, And we're sick of paying for 3rd world teens... Our kids would love a job. How many American people do you see working anymore in fast food... NONE, except Chick Filet.... They actually hire only Americans and the restaurant proves it... They have lines to get there food, The food is quality, the place is always clean... Go into a fast food place run by Mexicans and take a look around. You immediately see the filth... the smell of rotting food, the dirty floors.......just take a goof look people..Check the pop machine, take a wif.........Then boycott the hell out of the place.
spud

New Holland, PA

#8 Jul 22, 2014
Don Draper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you are wrong.
"Pro lifers" believe that life begins at conception and ends at birth, that's why the value an embryo more than a 6 year old.
These are the same clowns that call for carpet bombing of the middle east.
The people you speak of are the right wings equivalent to Reid and Pelosi. All are radical wackjobs with no business being in government. Your problem is your inability to see the wackjobs on your side. Believe this, dog. Neither party has a monopoly on wackjobs. There are far too many on both sides.
Don Draper

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 23, 2014
ronnie wrote:
Less th3e 3% are kids... All are over 15-16 years old.. The morons in charge sure as hell want us to believe they're kids,,, And we're sick of paying for 3rd world teens... Our kids would love a job. How many American people do you see working anymore in fast food... NONE, except Chick Filet.... They actually hire only Americans and the restaurant proves it... They have lines to get there food, The food is quality, the place is always clean... Go into a fast food place run by Mexicans and take a look around. You immediately see the filth... the smell of rotting food, the dirty floors.......just take a goof look people..Check the pop machine, take a wif.........Then boycott the hell out of the place.
For some perverted reason you view 15 year old girls as women and 15 year old boys as men, they are not, they are kids.
spud

New Holland, PA

#12 Jul 23, 2014
People actually buy this paper, Think Progress? It's an agenda masquerading as journalism.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Jul 23, 2014
I read today that 98% of the people coming here are illiterate in there own Spanish speaking country's, and lack any grasp of education. Most not making it past elementary. Our Educational money will all be spent teaching illegals, and they'll mainly focus on the words Vote and Democrats.... Think of the American Student's now getting the shaft as a result. The Country must protest against this. Fall Student's will get TB and Scabies, and the Teacher's will be encumbered by chit....chit.!!!!!
Don Draper

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 23, 2014
ronnie wrote:
I read today that 98% of the people coming here are illiterate in there own Spanish speaking country's, and lack any grasp of education. Most not making it past elementary. Our Educational money will all be spent teaching illegals, and they'll mainly focus on the words Vote and Democrats.... Think of the American Student's now getting the shaft as a result. The Country must protest against this. Fall Student's will get TB and Scabies, and the Teacher's will be encumbered by chit....chit.!!!!!
They're illiterate because they are 5 year olds you freakin idiot.
RIP

Omaha, NE

#15 Jul 25, 2014
Don Draper wrote:
<quoted text>
For some perverted reason you view 15 year old girls as women and 15 year old boys as men, they are not, they are kids.
I've seen plenty of illegal alien "kids" waiting for the school bus to take them to their free lunch and breakfast who look like they are 25 to 40 years old. Of course who knows how old any of these illegals are, or if they even know themselves. They all go by 3 or 4 different names. If illegals have ID it's fake. Their parents all claim to have even more kids than they really do have so they can collect even more welfare. How many of these free loaders have you invited to your house so far Don?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#16 Jul 25, 2014
ronnie wrote:
........Then boycott the hell out of the place.
Yes we can boycott businesses like hobby folly and chick filet.

The rightwing propaganda of demonizing kids by calling them diseased and the optic (oops i meant visual) of flag waving yahoos screeching at children in a school bus were powerful and - whatever you think of the issue - this demonizing and optics/visual was not a proud moment for our country.
ronnieL

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jul 25, 2014
Don Draper wrote:
<quoted text>
They're illiterate because they are 5 year olds you freakin idiot.
Every small child was accompanied by an adult very few are small Children Draper. You know it's a scam to use small children as pons for there thieving, cheating sperm donors. No parent in the civilized world would send them packing, except these pieces of chit, and you know that too. What the hell do you defend this mess for. Do you have kids, or grandkids? Apparently not. We are not buying this deception and you playing devils advocate get's old , really. Defending them lacks any kind of common sense.
reader

Reno, NV

#19 Jul 25, 2014
Every minute, 15 million illegal aliens are having sex in the United States Of America..
bullpucky

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jul 25, 2014
Don Draper wrote:
<quoted text>
three boys age 15, 16 and 18 beat to death 2 navajo homeless men and hospitalized a third. They are all hispanic boys and will be charged as adults. So cry me a river about teenage animals.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#21 Jul 25, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we can boycott businesses like hobby folly and chick filet.
The rightwing propaganda of demonizing kids by calling them diseased and the optic (oops i meant visual) of flag waving yahoos screeching at children in a school bus were powerful and - whatever you think of the issue - this demonizing and optics/visual was not a proud moment for our country.
Lets not forget the demonization of you. You can boycott this site and stay off.
the Light

El Paso, TX

#22 Jul 25, 2014
Not any of you Demercrappers HAVE TAKEN IN ILLEGAL CHILDREN, HAVE YOU? yOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTHS UNTIL YOU DO. Dont want to spend your own money, do ya? Well do ya punk?

Level 6

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#23 Jul 25, 2014
Don Draper wrote:
<quoted text>
In Chicago there are 15 year old girls that have been working the streets for 3 years and 15 year old boys peddling drugs and carrying automatic weapons.

Clean your own door step before you complain about others.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24 Jul 26, 2014
off the top the article as well as all who claim these kids are unaccompanied is full of it. those that are young did not come alone as the dishonest are claiming,they are coming with adults paid to deliver them. that would be like saying kids at a day care or with a baby sitter is unaccompanied.

again the left anti-truth folks twist and lies to push their hate.

sad part is folks buy the scam.

pushing their hate for the truth at every chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min woodtick57 7,786
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Just Slim 142,234
News On illegal immigration, Trump supporters have v... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 7
News Trump, aiming to widen support, makes pitch to ... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 65
News Opinion: Racism, bigotry charges take president... 1 hr WHITE POWER USA 4
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 1 hr gwww 154
News Trump immigration waffle reflects voter confusi... 1 hr Ave purisima 23
More from around the web