Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, Al...

Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner

There are 181 comments on the WTMA-AM North Charleston story from Jun 23, 2013, titled Immigration Reform Gains Momentum, All Eyes on Boehner. In it, WTMA-AM North Charleston reports that:

An immigration reform bill in the Senate now has crucial Republican support after senators struck a deal centered on border security last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMA-AM North Charleston.

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Bloomfield, NJ

#70 Jun 26, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an old saying:
Don't piss in my face and tell me it's raining.
Why are you talking about someone pissing on your face ?!?! Are you sado maso or something ??!?!?! hahahaha

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#71 Jun 26, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
The "FiX" is to deport and enforce. Change the birthright loophole for the 3rd World invasion. Save us Citizens trillions!
Today's embracing of the Third world will be tomorrows demise. NOT what the "founders" intended. For all of us to pay for all of them and their incessant breeding practices.
Hitler would have been happy for you to be part of his team lol. I'm pretty sure Americans have been against all the waves of immigrants that have come to this country but in the end they were assimilated just fine. And that's basically what has driven USA to become such a powerful country. Once you stop that the decline is inevitable.

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#72 Jun 26, 2013
spud wrote:
It's only gaining momentum among the extremely stupid. Nobody with a lick of sense or patriotism would even consider this ridiculous bill.
Only someone stupid can say immigration is bad for America. Why? Because immigration means America and that's why it is the country we know today. I bet you have roots outside USA but now you are trying to be a smart ass. BTW, this country is not about patriotism. It's all about BUSINESS !!! You want to see patriots go to Europe, Asia, South America etc and you'll see it.
spud

Bangor, PA

#73 Jun 26, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only someone stupid can say immigration is bad for America. Why? Because immigration means America and that's why it is the country we know today. I bet you have roots outside USA but now you are trying to be a smart ass. BTW, this country is not about patriotism. It's all about BUSINESS !!! You want to see patriots go to Europe, Asia, South America etc and you'll see it.
Spoken like a good Republican and free trader. Your profit over all mentality is exactly why our corporations are sending our jobs overseas and importing Illegal slave labor. It's also the reason corporations choose not to identify with any country. They wanna screw every country but at the same time proclaim to be every countries best friend. They're self centered weasels. I'd prefer a patriot any day.

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#74 Jun 26, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a good Republican and free trader. Your profit over all mentality is exactly why our corporations are sending our jobs overseas and importing Illegal slave labor. It's also the reason corporations choose not to identify with any country. They wanna screw every country but at the same time proclaim to be every countries best friend. They're self centered weasels. I'd prefer a patriot any day.
Guess what ?!?!? I do not like what is said in the previous comment but that's the sad reality. Do you consider those who died in Iraq patriots or heroes ??? This is what they are presented to the population but in fact they are not. In fact everyone who goes to Army does it for money. A hero is someone who DEFENDS his country or saves a child from drowning for example not someone who ATTACKS a country.

So if you are a true American you are an Immigrant and you are aware of the fact that USA has been built by immigrants and the only way to keep America going is to continue in the same spirit.
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#75 Jun 26, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler would have been happy for you to be part of his team lol. I'm pretty sure Americans have been against all the waves of immigrants that have come to this country but in the end they were assimilated just fine. And that's basically what has driven USA to become such a powerful country. Once you stop that the decline is inevitable.
Hitler? LOL! Who's being sent to gas chambers? We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year and most of them are of the Latino persuasion. We cannot allow in every immigrant that wants to come here and if one does so without permission we have every right to send them back home. This has nothing to do with assimilation but our right to control our borders and limit legal immigration. Are you truly this clueless?
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#76 Jun 26, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess what ?!?!? I do not like what is said in the previous comment but that's the sad reality. Do you consider those who died in Iraq patriots or heroes ??? This is what they are presented to the population but in fact they are not. In fact everyone who goes to Army does it for money. A hero is someone who DEFENDS his country or saves a child from drowning for example not someone who ATTACKS a country.
So if you are a true American you are an Immigrant and you are aware of the fact that USA has been built by immigrants and the only way to keep America going is to continue in the same spirit.
We do continue to allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year so what are you talking about?
chicagonut

Banning, CA

#77 Jun 26, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has said that legal immigration is bad for America? This forum is about illegal immigration. You don't know the difference?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#79 Jun 26, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
The "FiX" is to deport and enforce. Change the birthright loophole for the 3rd World invasion. Save us Citizens trillions!
Today's embracing of the Third world will be tomorrows demise. NOT what the "founders" intended. For all of us to pay for all of them and their incessant breeding practices.
the founders had no clue as to how low some will go,nor could they have foreseen welfare or invaders having all things paid for them or even the rewarding of crime like this issue shows.

then again the founding fathers would have never let the country fall so far and those in office could not have gotten so corrupt and being against the citizens .

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#80 Jun 26, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another ignorant mutt that thinks illegal means entitled.
Twist and turn dog breath, you're still an idiot.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#81 Jun 26, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
the founders had no clue as to how low some will go,nor could they have foreseen welfare or invaders having all things paid for them or even the rewarding of crime like this issue shows.
then again the founding fathers would have never let the country fall so far and those in office could not have gotten so corrupt and being against the citizens .
Yes, we are far from the founding anything. No longer a Republic or a Democracy. IMO

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#82 Jun 26, 2013
Life As We Know It wrote:
<quoted text>Dude you are a illegal right? I can see it in your post. Lets me explain something to you. Immigrants cime here legally and if they meet the requirment they cn join the military on a path to citizen ship at a faster rate. Bottom line is this is about illgeals comeing into America which makes them criminams. Now go back home and apply for a freaking visa and come back to America legally.
Dude, why do I need to apply for a visa when I got a green card ?????

Level 4

Bloomfield, NJ

#83 Jun 26, 2013
Nijoni wrote:
<quoted text>
Another ignorant mutt that thinks illegal means entitled.
Twist and turn dog breath, you're still an idiot.
Another one talking trash about people he doesn't even know.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#84 Jun 27, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> most would say the complete opposite
Most who? This is not reform, it's amnesty.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#85 Jun 27, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another one talking trash about people he doesn't even know.
That again, would be you. One who doesn't even know the meaning of "immigrant". My words stand as they are written.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#86 Jun 27, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler? LOL! Who's being sent to gas chambers? We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year and most of them are of the Latino persuasion. We cannot allow in every immigrant that wants to come here and if one does so without permission we have every right to send them back home. This has nothing to do with assimilation but our right to control our borders and limit legal immigration. Are you truly this clueless?
People like you would have no problem if the immigrants in question had the same color skin as you.

Go on... tell us all how you totally disagree with me so you can look 'politically correct"... but first take off the white hood!!!
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#88 Jun 27, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, why do I need to apply for a visa when I got a green card ?????
do you know that we can rescind a green card anytime? for someone who sides with the illegals, that may be the best recourse.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#89 Jun 27, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you would have no problem if the immigrants in question had the same color skin as you.
Go on... tell us all how you totally disagree with me so you can look 'politically correct"... but first take off the white hood!!!
come on, rico. you know that isn't true.
spud

Bangor, PA

#91 Jun 27, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
We do continue to allow in 1 million legal immigrants a year so what are you talking about?
Good point. Most people believe leaving in over a million people per year legally is excessive. This amnesty bill will actually legalize 33 million illegal aliens in the next 10 years as well as increase the number of visas dramatically. This means that we will be allowing far more people to enter than the number of jobs we will be creating in that period. If higher unemployment, lower wages and more corporate welfare is your objective, then S744 is your bill.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#92 Jun 27, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about illegal aliens,not immigrants big difference!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr American Werewolves 138,218
News 'Non-Partisan' Activist Lets Loose Anti-Republi... 1 hr wild child 1
News Good News Is Bad for Motivating Voters 1 hr wild child 1
News Time for Republican obsession with border secur... 1 hr wild child 21
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... 2 hr Your Ex 46
News Appeals Court Rejects Plan to Let Obama Immigra... 3 hr Cat74 19
News Illegal immigrants fewer, older now 3 hr Ad Nauseum 5
More from around the web