The Traumatic Effects of Forced Depor...

The Traumatic Effects of Forced Deportation on Families

There are 16 comments on the Psychology Today story from May 19, 2013, titled The Traumatic Effects of Forced Deportation on Families. In it, Psychology Today reports that:

Immigration related trauma has many faces. Complex cultural, political and social issues arise when people choose or are forced to leave their country of origin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Psychology Today.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#1 May 19, 2013
" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida argued this morning on "This Week" that a key provision of the bill, the so-called "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants, would not give anything away".

Sure it does Senator, it gives or sells our American citizenship to 11 million illegal aliens that broke our Immigration Laws to get here!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnestybill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEMOCRATS ARE LIARS!

"The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and
into the sunshine of America"
May 17, 2007

Ted Kennedy -- Senator from Massachusetts
Member of the Democratic Party

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#2 May 19, 2013
The inscription at the base of the Statute of Liberty concludes, "I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" It says nothing about welcoming people who bypass our entry doors by climbing walls, swimming rivers and sneaking under border fences.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#3 May 19, 2013
Just think, all of these 'traumatic events' could have been negated by them just staying home instead of illegaly entering the country. My sympathy meter just cannot get off zero for these people, their problem is self-caused.
Fair one

Cape Coral, FL

#4 May 19, 2013
I can't believe it...one more endless sob story about the poor illegal alien trespasser on US soil. Why aren't at least 50% of MSM articles giving the American public the real story of the enormous negative impact S744 will have on legal citizens and legal immigrants, who took the time and trouble to respect our immigration laws?
It very much looks as though our crooked politicians, along with big business (which includes the media these days), are purposely keeping the real truth of this shamnesty from the light of day. And of course Obama has a pony in this show - his uncle and auntie - supported by your tax dollar, illegally residing in this country.

Tell everyone you know about the bill- call your local radio shows; hit the MSM any way you can; fax, call and write every politician; tell your neighbors.

I and my family and my countrymen should never be told to support illegal alien invaders trespassing on US soil.

Self repatriation to their country of origin is the only fair solution to legal American citizens.

Enforce immigration laws. Protect our workers. Kill the bill.

“a smile for my friends”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

#5 May 19, 2013
Spare us the drama of thier self induced trauma. America will no longer coddle these scofflaw ILLEGAL ALIENS!! Round em up and ship em out! The only path to citzenship must be the path that runs through a LEGAL port of entry. Sliding through the back window like the crimminals they are should not and will not be tollerated.
BLACK ASS

Hartsville, SC

#6 May 19, 2013
Load this shit into the back of an 18 wheeler, a shit house portolet and a water cooler..and straight to South America. Enough of this poliically correct bullshit. Make it hurt. When they arrive in South America, then ask about whether or not they have any other family here and then we can go get them too.
What The H

Saint Louis, MO

#7 May 19, 2013
lolol wrote:
Just think, all of these 'traumatic events' could have been negated by them just staying home instead of illegaly entering the country. My sympathy meter just cannot get off zero for these people, their problem is self-caused.
Exactly!

“The "entitled" =communist.”

Level 9

Since: May 10

MY MONEY, come take it.

#8 May 19, 2013
Sorry, no compassion here.
Dee Dee Dee

Coopersburg, PA

#9 May 19, 2013
lolol wrote:
Personally I am more concerned with the traumatic events that befall Americans because illegal aliens are not deported. What about the American families that have the traumatic event of finding out a loved one will never come home again because they were killed by an illegal? What about the father or mother that has to face the traumatic event of telling their children that they no longer have a job because of illegal aliens? There is also the traumatic event of not being able to buy a home or car because your credit has been ruined by illegal aliens using your identity? There are plenty of traumatic events facing Americans because of illegal aliens that sympathy for illegal aliens who are suffering traumatic events because of their crimes and life choices is hard to comprehend for their victims.
Magadala

Cinebar, WA

#10 May 19, 2013
lolol wrote:
They put themselves in these positions and expect us to bail them out!

How many of you who have children would take them to a strange neighborhood, where you aren't wanted, as a matter of fact your being their is illegal. Ignore this, plop down in the middle of it, start committing crimes (fraud, ID theft), you are dirt poor so you are desperate to live off of the system? Not only that, children as young as the 2nd grade know their family needs paples! What a wonderful way to grow up! Take 'em with'cha! We didn't bring 'em, you take 'em

Did anyone read the article a year ago about the number of children abandoned by illegal aliens? I guess it didn't work out and they had to leave them to go back to the other family in mexico that they "separated" from!
Magadala

Cinebar, WA

#11 May 19, 2013
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I am more concerned with the traumatic events that befall Americans because illegal aliens are not deported. What about the American families that have the traumatic event of finding out a loved one will never come home again because they were killed by an illegal? What about the father or mother that has to face the traumatic event of telling their children that they no longer have a job because of illegal aliens? There is also the traumatic event of not being able to buy a home or car because your credit has been ruined by illegal aliens using your identity? There are plenty of traumatic events facing Americans because of illegal aliens that sympathy for illegal aliens who are suffering traumatic events because of their crimes and life choices is hard to comprehend for their victims.
You forgot about our school systems!!! What would it be like if we didn't have to spend BILLONS on ell and free breakfast/lunch, where the child is trying to learn English at school, and only Spanish is spoken in the home!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12 May 19, 2013
we need some American reporters reporting on the effects of illegal aliens on the citizens who work for a living and have to live around them.

i tire of hearing about their families who don't have enough family values to go with their deported members.that needs to be in the news,what keeps them from going as well and proving love for family.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#13 May 20, 2013
They made the choice to enter without permission. They made the choice to have kids while living here without the proper documents. They knew what the consequences could be if they ever were caught. They, and they they alone are responsible for their plight when the laws happen to be enforced. They can save their sob stories, as nobody is listening any more.
Misunderestimate Me

Lynchburg, VA

#14 May 20, 2013
"With this pen, I sign into law, an amnesty for 5 million new citizens"

-President Ronald Reagan

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 May 20, 2013
MD Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly enough, Regan never made that quote, or any statement remotely similar. Further, less than 3 million received amnesty. AND they had to PAY the typical associated fees and waiting period.
You're like most other brain dead lemming liberals; make shit up as you go along and pray people believe in that shit. I don't know which is more ignorant, YOU, or the people that believe your horseshit.
where do they get this garbage,la raza terrorists sites?
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#18 May 20, 2013
WE DON'T CARE!!! Go back home together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 7 min Synque 69
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 10 min Jim 7,477
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Time for a new wife 10,998
News Trump vows 'fair, but firm' approach to illegal... 2 hr spud 8
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 hr spud 7,154
News Trump flip-flops on immigration 2 hr spud 3
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 hr D Valens 142,287
More from around the web