Will LGBT Amendments Bring Down Immigration Reform?

May 21, 2013 Full story: EDGE 15

As the Senate Judiciary Committee continues to hammer out a comprehensive immigration reform bill, some raise concern over the LGBT amendments that would positively impact thousands of same-sex couples, but could also simultaneously jeopardize the measure.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#1 May 21, 2013
There should be NO immigration allowed into the U.S. by ANYONE at ANY TIME for ANY reason.

JUST SAY "NO !"
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#2 May 21, 2013
Break out the Welcome Mat, amnesty is just a matter of time.

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

33.00, -111.51

#3 May 21, 2013
Juan wrote:
Break out the Welcome Mat, amnesty is just a matter of time.
Why should federal immigration laws be ignored by the criminals and unenforced ?

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#4 May 21, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
There should be NO immigration allowed into the U.S. by ANYONE at ANY TIME for ANY reason.
JUST SAY "NO !"
It that were the policy you wouldn't be here. Only native Americans.

Is that a christian attitude?-- "I came in through the door but will now slam it in your face so you can stay out in the cold'?-- I thought your role model Jesus taught you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?
Nelson

Athens, Greece

#5 May 21, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
JUST SAY "NO !"
Unless they're gay and have AIDS. Then Obama says OK.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#6 May 21, 2013
Hopefully just some 'common sense' from congress will bring down this fiasco of a bill.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 May 21, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
JUST SAY "NO !"
Are you willing to move back to your homeland; the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan?

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

33.00, -111.51

#8 May 21, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
It that were the policy you wouldn't be here. Only native Americans.
Is that a christian attitude?-- "I came in through the door but will now slam it in your face so you can stay out in the cold'?-- I thought your role model Jesus taught you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?
UNTRUE. I've researched my family tree. My ancsestors came here BEFORE there was ANY federal immigration law. My maternal grandfather's family came from England and settled in Virginia in the 1600's. My paternal grandfather's family came from Ireland in the early 19th century. And both of grandmother's families came from Germany in the early 19th century. BEFORE THE FIRST FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAW WAS PASSED BY CONGRESS.

By YOUR logic, we should allow 2 BILLION people in here even though the land, and natural resources, cannot support that many humans.

One of the hallmarks of an independent country is the ability to control it's own borders and immigration policy. There is NO "RIGHT" to emigrate into the U.S.! It's a PRIVILEGE !

And there is a LIMIT to how many people that the land, and it's natural resources, such as clean, fresh water can sustain.

I approach the issue of immigration into the U.S. from a PURELY environmental viewpoint. There are already TOO MANY people in the U.S. and it is destroying our environment, and exhausting our resources, both natural and man-made.

I live in the desert of southern Arizona in a small city. The population of southern Arizona has been exploding the past decade. I owned my own house in New York for 25 years, and I NEVER paid more than $100 a year for water in all the years I lived there (We got our water from wells sunk into the Long Island Aquafier).

It never occurred to me that the cost of water here for a house is astronomical ! Why ? Because so any people have med into southern Arizona the past few decades that there is not enough water here, and it as to be imported from California. My water bill here 7 times what I paid in New York. And I'm lucky. A few blocks north of me, in the same city, a different water company supplies the water, and they charge over $100 a month ! Why ? Because the exploding population here has used up all the available natural water (we average less than 10" of rainfall here a year, as compared to 45" average rainfall a year on Long Island where I was living), and teh water has to be imported !

There is a LIMIT to how many humans the land can support !

Do you want UNLIMITED immigration ?! How about a billion people living in the U.S.? How about 2 billion ? How about 5 billion ? Where do YOU draw the limit ?!

I DRAW IT AT 300 MILLION !

NO MORE IMMIGRATION !

Sausalito, CA

#10 May 22, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
UNTRUE. I've researched my family tree. My ancsestors came here BEFORE there was ANY federal immigration law. My maternal grandfather's family came from England and settled in Virginia in the 1600's. My paternal grandfather's family came from Ireland in the early 19th century. And both of grandmother's families came from Germany in the early 19th century. BEFORE THE FIRST FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAW WAS PASSED BY CONGRESS.
By YOUR logic, we should allow 2 BILLION people in here even though the land, and natural resources, cannot support that many humans.
One of the hallmarks of an independent country is the ability to control it's own borders and immigration policy. There is NO "RIGHT" to emigrate into the U.S.! It's a PRIVILEGE !
And there is a LIMIT to how many people that the land, and it's natural resources, such as clean, fresh water can sustain.
I approach the issue of immigration into the U.S. from a PURELY environmental viewpoint. There are already TOO MANY people in the U.S. and it is destroying our environment, and exhausting our resources, both natural and man-made.
I live in the desert of southern Arizona in a small city. The population of southern Arizona has been exploding the past decade. I owned my own house in New York for 25 years, and I NEVER paid more than $100 a year for water in all the years I lived there (We got our water from wells sunk into the Long Island Aquafier).
It never occurred to me that the cost of water here for a house is astronomical ! Why ? Because so any people have med into southern Arizona the past few decades that there is not enough water here, and it as to be imported from California. My water bill here 7 times what I paid in New York. And I'm lucky. A few blocks north of me, in the same city, a different water company supplies the water, and they charge over $100 a month ! Why ? Because the exploding population here has used up all the available natural water (we average less than 10" of rainfall here a year, as compared to 45" average rainfall a year on Long Island where I was living), and teh water has to be imported !
There is a LIMIT to how many humans the land can support !
Do you want UNLIMITED immigration ?! How about a billion people living in the U.S.? How about 2 billion ? How about 5 billion ? Where do YOU draw the limit ?!
I DRAW IT AT 300 MILLION !
NO MORE IMMIGRATION !
Ah, so your ancestors were among those who ripped off the Native Americans and killed off the vast herds of bison--all in the name of spreading christianity among the savages? Quite the solution to overpopulation!

And for the record, how do you as a christian feel about euthanasia and the "right to die"?(Just wondering.)

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

33.00, -111.51

#11 May 22, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so your ancestors were among those who ripped off the Native Americans and killed off the vast herds of bison--all in the name of spreading christianity among the savages? Quite the solution to overpopulation!
And for the record, how do you as a christian feel about euthanasia and the "right to die"?(Just wondering.)
I don't think there were too many Native Americans or bison in Brooklyn in the mid-19th century when my ancestors came from Ireland and Germany to Long Island.

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#12 May 22, 2013
Black & White Love ~ Mighty Sparrow
http://youtu.be/IaQAco5Gfa8

Sausalito, CA

#13 May 23, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there were too many Native Americans or bison in Brooklyn in the mid-19th century when my ancestors came from Ireland and Germany to Long Island.
Community responsibility! From Brooklyn the immigrants moved out west ... just as you did.(Or why didn't you stay in New York after you had contributed to its becoming overcrowded??) And they voted to form governments which were responsible for the mass killings and land grabs. And they cheered their army on because the settlers needed protection against the 'savages.' And they formed churches which prohibited mixing with the locals whose land they had now overpopulated by their own presence. You see how it works, Fox?

You have never personally worked the land, but many, many of these new immigrants are humble peasants who come to work the land on our behalf because we are too 'comfortable' to do it ourselves. They are no different than the hardworking Irish and German immigrants who arrived a hundred years ago.

And if this whole country with its vast open spaces is becoming overpopulated, then so is Europe and Asia and Africa -- and it has nothing to do with the migration of people from one state or province to another or from one country to another. You are just selfishly looking to draw lines on a map and say "this is all mine--keep out!" That's what nationalists have always done, instead of looking at the global picture and working with the rest of humankind to find solutions.

Sausalito, CA

#14 May 23, 2013
... And by the way, your argument was also the principal one put forward by the Nazis -- that the German people needed 'lebensraum.'

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#16 May 23, 2013
They are not satisfied with the BoyScouts.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#17 May 24, 2013
An Elementary school had a cross dressing day. I bet someone did it because thet thought it was FUNNY.
Some adults with advanced degrees should not be trusted with other people's children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 3 min the RAT that he is 25
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 9 min xxxrayted 672
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Ga Girl 56 137,100
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principals, good data a... 2 hr Rural living 13
Monday's Letters: Thanks to police officers 4 hr wild child 1
Sen. Rodriguez proposes principles, good data a... 4 hr Rural living 2
Obama administration accused of political motiv... 4 hr Earl 5
More from around the web