Changes in GA immigration bill draw o...

Changes in GA immigration bill draw opposition

There are 11 comments on the SavannahNow story from Mar 8, 2013, titled Changes in GA immigration bill draw opposition. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Some quiet changes to a bill that was intended as a simple fix for unintended consequences of a 2011 crackdown on illegal immigration have turned the bill that originally had pretty universal support into a rallying point for activists on all sides of the immigration issue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 9, 2013
"But the amended bill passed by the House Monday would effectively deny driver's licenses to young people who were brought here illegally as children and who have been granted temporary permission to stay and work here under an Obama administration initiative."

They have not been granted temporary permission to stay, the policy is they won't be deported. They have no legal status.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Mar 9, 2013
We have to provide legal status to turn on our utilities. Why should it be different for criminals. But what's even more interesting is Georgia must be extremely naive to believe, they don't buy cheap fakes. Passport and other Document's from the local flee markets. Most illegals living here have obtained legal status by stealing other people ID's and SS#'s. If they haven't been granted marriage licenses, that doesn't matter as they anchor for freebies, and never marry. The State auditors are so naive. SAD .Until they microchip them, they'll continue to steal everything including their Identity.
Nanuq

United States

#3 Mar 9, 2013
ronnie wrote:
We have to provide legal status to turn on our utilities. Why should it be different for criminals. But what's even more interesting is Georgia must be extremely naive to believe, they don't buy cheap fakes. Passport and other Document's from the local flee markets. Most illegals living here have obtained legal status by stealing other people ID's and SS#'s. If they haven't been granted marriage licenses, that doesn't matter as they anchor for freebies, and never marry. The State auditors are so naive. SAD .Until they microchip them, they'll continue to steal everything including their Identity.
we should microchip you so when you get lost animal control will know your identity...you filthy racist p o s
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#4 Mar 9, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text> we should microchip you so when you get lost animal control will know your identity...you filthy racist p o s
That's rich....you have posted far more racist slur's than anyone else on this forum. If you defend criminal behavior obviously you are elementally criminal yourself. Asians are as deplorable as Mexicans. And any other color you'd like to pick. This is a colorblind poster dude. And I get sick of you telling me I'm a racist because I don't want to feed anymore illegals and watch as they deceive my Country and exploit Americans. You'll never garner one ounce of respect on this forum, by calling people names and it show's everyone your an ignorant piece of chit.
confused citizen

Avon, IN

#5 Mar 9, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
<quoted text> we should microchip you so when you get lost animal control will know your identity...you filthy racist p o s
I am not raicist cause I come from Mexican descendents but I was married to an illegal immigrant and he beat me all he got was a slap on the wrist and he went home. Now tell me did I deserve that? He also has resorted D.U.I.s and he is on drugs and the crazy part is that he buys prescription pills from his own boss that's crazy hundred!?
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#6 Mar 9, 2013
confused citizen wrote:
<quoted text>I am not raicist cause I come from Mexican descendents but I was married to an illegal immigrant and he beat me all he got was a slap on the wrist and he went home. Now tell me did I deserve that? He also has resorted D.U.I.s and he is on drugs and the crazy part is that he buys prescription pills from his own boss that's crazy hundred!?
Yes you are a victim of these low lives and every legal American Citizen has been victimized by these fowl creatures. Stay away from illegal Mexicans, when a girl decides to break up with them, they end up dead. I've got family member's that work at hospital Emergency rooms and have seen pregnant illegals come in half dead from beating's. That's just another reason to deport their cowardly Arses back to the hell hole they came from.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Nanuq wrote:
This is a good example of why we must keep uneducated illegal aliens out of the country. They import their way of thinking and corrupt cultures and this does not help the country.
Nanuq

United States

#8 Mar 9, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>That's rich....you have posted far more racist slur's than anyone else on this forum. If you defend criminal behavior obviously you are elementally criminal yourself. Asians are as deplorable as Mexicans. And any other color you'd like to pick. This is a colorblind poster dude. And I get sick of you telling me I'm a racist because I don't want to feed anymore illegals and watch as they deceive my Country and exploit Americans. You'll never garner one ounce of respect on this forum, by calling people names and it show's everyone your an ignorant piece of chit.
No Statue of Liberty ever greeted our arrival in this country...we did not, in fact, come to the United States at all. The United States came to us...you all came came here to destroy and conquer ...the beauty of it is that now history repeat itself and someone else it's conquering . I do enjoy the spectacle . Bwahahaha !!!!!
Ifeanyi

South Africa

#9 Mar 9, 2013
What are the true benefits that come from discrimination? If there were any, it would be wise then to discriminate. To legislate against illegal immigrants’ access to sewerage and refuse removal is about the lowest any society can go to make their anti-immigration statement.

The world would be a better place if we did everything for the profits that come with them. Unfortunately we seem to do most things to satisfy our ego, hate and likes. Our feelings, good or bad, shouldn't be driving us places. They drive us down the cliff.

My book,‘Evicted from My Space’,(at leading online bookstores) to me, should be a paraphernalia to governments and individuals who want to delve into the secret places of an immigrant.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#12 Mar 10, 2013
Ifeanyi wrote:
What are the true benefits that come from discrimination? If there were any, it would be wise then to discriminate. To legislate against illegal immigrants’ access to sewerage and refuse removal is about the lowest any society can go to make their anti-immigration statement.
The world would be a better place if we did everything for the profits that come with them. Unfortunately we seem to do most things to satisfy our ego, hate and likes. Our feelings, good or bad, shouldn't be driving us places. They drive us down the cliff.
My book,‘Evicted from My Space’,(at leading online bookstores) to me, should be a paraphernalia to governments and individuals who want to delve into the secret places of an immigrant.
"It's sad when some politicians and certain segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning."

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#13 Mar 13, 2013
Ifeanyi wrote:
Apartheid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 44 min Agents of Corruption 16,115
News Members of Haitian community react to Trump's c... 47 min CodeTalker 340
News Trump's popularity is slipping in rural America... 1 hr Come on 2,094
News Newly Released Arizona Crime Data Just Shattere... 2 hr Retribution 9
News Nightmare for Dreamers 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 18
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 2 hr Retribution 89
News Nielsen acknowledges Trump used 'tough language... 3 hr Taletha 13
More from around the web