Bipartisan plan targets 11 million il...

Bipartisan plan targets 11 million illegal immigrants

There are 32 comments on the The Reporter story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Bipartisan plan targets 11 million illegal immigrants. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Immigrants listen to the national anthem Monday during a naturalization ceremony at a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office in Newark.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#27 Feb 12, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
Sen. Robert Menendez denies improper travel and hiring prostitutes
FBI agents search ophthalmologist's office
Author: By Carol Cratty and Susan Candiotti and Ross Levitt CNN
Menendez's spokeswoman Patricia Enright confirmed to CNN the senator made a payment of $58,500 on January 4 to Melgen's company for the full operating costs of the two flights Menendez took in August and September 2010 to the Dominican Republic.
Menendez made the payment following an exhaustive review of his travel conducted by his chief of staff Danny O'Brien in the wake of Thompson's complaint.
Enright said it was an "oversight" on the part of the senator not to have paid for the flights at the time he took them. She could not explain why the veteran lawmaker didn't know to fully disclose the flights at the time.
http://www.ksat.com/news/politics/Sen-Robert-...
G.O.P. Chief in Florida Pleads Guilty
MIAMI — Averting a prolonged and heated political drama, Jim Greer, a former chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, walked into an Orlando courtroom on Monday and pleaded guilty to grand theft and money laundering charges.

The former chairman was indicted in 2010 on charges that he helped create a shell fund-raising company and steered $125,000 in party money into his personal bank accounts. Delmar Johnson, the man who helped Mr. Greer create the company, had agreed to testify against him in exchange for immunity.

Mr. Greer’s indictment and his tenure as chairman proved deeply embarrassing to the Republican Party, which accused him of spending too freely on luxuries. But the case also highlighted the spendthrift habits of other Florida Republican leaders.

Mr. Greer blamed his tumble from power on an attempt by Republican leaders to exile him because of his support of Mr. Crist during the governor’s 2010 Senate race against Marco Rubio. Mr. Greer, a political outsider who was appointed chairman by Mr. Crist, caused a furor in the party by taking sides.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/us/politics...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#28 Feb 14, 2013
"Obama is eager to act on a top priority of Latinos"

The reason its a top priority of "Latinos" is that over half of the 11 million illegal aliens are also "Latinos"

What kind of voter power base will that give them in elections with 11 million more voters!

Wake up people.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#29 Feb 15, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>

What good do you do by spreading myths?

Ten Myths Conservative Media Will Use Against Immigration Reform
Won't Legalizing Immigrants Increase The "Welfare State"?

Fox News' Bill O'Reilly has claimed that immigration reform would mean more immigrants "on the welfare entitlement train," and that before Congress passes immigration reform, "they have to deal with the welfare situation."

[Fox News, The O'Reilly Factor, 1/28/13]
Newly Legalized Immigrants Will Not Have Access To Social Benefits
KABC: Undocumented Immigrants Who Gain Legal Status Would "Not Receive Federal Benefits Like Welfare Or Medicaid." ABC's Los Angeles affiliate, KABC, reported that undocumented immigrants who "gain legal status to live and work in the U.S." would "not receive federal benefits like welfare or Medicaid." [KABC-TV, 1/28/13]

Under Senate Framework, Current Benefit Restrictions For Non-Immigrants Will Remain In Place For Those Given Probationary Status.

The bipartisan framework for immigration reform recently announced by a group of eight senators states:

"Current restrictions preventing non-immigrants from accessing federal public benefits will also apply to lawful probationary immigrants." [The Washington Post, accessed 1/28/13]
http://truth-out.org/news/item/14313-10-myths...
Reaching Low-Income Hispanics With Nutrition Assistance

The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) provides a combination of food assistance, nutrition education, and easier access to health care for pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants, and children up to the age of five years. Eligible persons must be financially needy and at nutritional risk. WIC benefits usually take the form of vouchers or checks that may be redeemed for specific food types. In FY 2006, USDA spent nearly $5.1 billion to serve about 8.2 million WIC participants.

****** Hispanics represent the largest racial/ethnic group in the WIC Program. In 2004, about 39 percent of those enrolled in WIC were of Hispanic origin.******

******Approximately 3/4 of the Hispanic infants born in the United States participate in WIC.******

http://www.fns.usda.gov/cga/factsheets/reachi...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#30 Feb 15, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
G.O.P. Chief in Florida Pleads Guilty
MIAMI — Averting a prolonged and heated political drama, Jim Greer, a former chairman of the Republican Party of Florida, walked into an Orlando courtroom on Monday and pleaded guilty to grand theft and money laundering charges.
The former chairman was indicted in 2010 on charges that he helped create a shell fund-raising company and steered $125,000 in party money into his personal bank accounts. Delmar Johnson, the man who helped Mr. Greer create the company, had agreed to testify against him in exchange for immunity.
Mr. Greer’s indictment and his tenure as chairman proved deeply embarrassing to the Republican Party, which accused him of spending too freely on luxuries. But the case also highlighted the spendthrift habits of other Florida Republican leaders.
Mr. Greer blamed his tumble from power on an attempt by Republican leaders to exile him because of his support of Mr. Crist during the governor’s 2010 Senate race against Marco Rubio. Mr. Greer, a political outsider who was appointed chairman by Mr. Crist, caused a furor in the party by taking sides.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/us/politics...
I said it before and I'll say it again:

There's enough guilt to go around for both parties!

The American voters need to clean house and vote them all out.
Anonymous

Wilmette, IL

#31 Feb 15, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Reaching Low-Income Hispanics With Nutrition Assistance
The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) provides a combination of food assistance, nutrition education, and easier access to health care for pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women, infants, and children up to the age of five years. Eligible persons must be financially needy and at nutritional risk. WIC benefits usually take the form of vouchers or checks that may be redeemed for specific food types. In FY 2006, USDA spent nearly $5.1 billion to serve about 8.2 million WIC participants.
****** Hispanics represent the largest racial/ethnic group in the WIC Program. In 2004, about 39 percent of those enrolled in WIC were of Hispanic origin.******
******Approximately 3/4 of the Hispanic infants born in the United States participate in WIC.******
http://www.fns.usda.gov/cga/factsheets/reachi...
As long as these women are given souces to take care of themselves and their children,,, they will never become independent/productive taxpayers. They will continue to have children they cannot afford.
ima

El Paso, TX

#32 Feb 15, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as these women are given souces to take care of themselves and their children,,, they will never become independent/productive taxpayers. They will continue to have children they cannot afford.
Agree, Saudela 100%

“Reduce immigration levels”

Level 5

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#33 Feb 15, 2013
AMERICANS DON'T WANT BLANKET AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frost...

Sessions on Immigration Enforcement: Ask the ICE Officers What It's Like
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

The Stupid Party Launches Spanish Language Twitter
http://www.vdare.com/posts/the-stupid-party-l...

Geert Wilders to Tour Australia with Warning against Muslim Immigration
http://www.vdare.com/posts/geert-wilders-to-t...

Can I Be “Punished” Too?
http://immigrationreform.com/2013/02/12/can-i...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#34 Feb 17, 2013
Obama draft bill would clear path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: paper

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-draft-bill-clear-...

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- A draft of a White House immigration proposal would allow illegal immigrants to become legal permanent residents within eight years, USA Today reported on Saturday.

The plan, obtained by the newspaper, also would provide for more security funding and require businesses to check the immigration status of new hires within four years. Illegal immigrants could also apply for a newly created "Lawful Prospective Immigrant" visa, under the draft bill, it said.

******If approved, they could apply for the same provisional legal status for spouses or children living outside the country, according to the draft.******

(It's called Chain Migration) Google it and see how many more relatives of the 11 million illegal aliens would end up here!
hitem

South Boston, VA

#35 Feb 17, 2013
Govern ments onlyplan fllegals is to let them in and run his county into 3rd world status, it has always been there plan

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#36 Feb 17, 2013
1965 Immigration act,

Quote: Among those who more accurately foresaw the future effects of the change in immigration law was a certain Myra C. Hacker, Vice President of the New Jersey Coalition, who testified at a Senate immigration subcommittee hearing:

"In light of our 5 percent unemployment rate, our worries over the so called population explosion, and our menacingly mounting welfare costs, are we prepared to embrace so great a horde of the world's unfortunates? At the very least, the hidden mathematics of the bill should be made clear to the public so that they may tell their Congressmen how they feel about providing jobs, schools, homes, security against want, citizen education, and a brotherly welcome ... for an indeterminately enormous number of aliens from underprivileged lands."

"We should remember that people accustomed to such marginal existence in their own land will tend to live fully here, to hoard our bounteous minimum wages and our humanitarian welfare handouts ... lower our wage and living standards, disrupt our cultural patterns ..."

"Whatever may be our benevolent intent toward many people,[the bill] fails to give due consideration to the economic needs, the cultural traditions, and the public sentiment of the citizens of the United States." (U.S. Senate, Subcommittee on Immigration and Naturalization of the Committee on the Judiciary, Washington, D.C., Feb. 10, 1965. pp. 681-687.)

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#37 Feb 17, 2013
$2 billion Medicaid program helps mostly illegal immigrants

By Phil Galewitz — Kaiser Health News

WASHINGTON — During the debate over the 2010 federal health care overhaul, Democrats promised that illegal immigrants wouldn’t be among the 27 million people who’d gain coverage. President Barack Obama repeated that pledge last month when he outlined his immigration plan.

But while federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid, a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor pays about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants. Most of it goes to reimburse hospitals for delivering babies for women who show up in their emergency rooms, according to interviews with hospital officials and studies.

The funding – which has been around since the late 1980s and is less than 1 percent of the cost of Medicaid – underscores the political and practical challenges of refusing to cover an entire class of people. Congress approved the program after lawmakers required hospitals to screen and stabilize all emergency patients regardless of their insurance or citizenship status.

Some groups say the services encourage people to cross the border for care, while advocates for immigrants say the funding is inadequate because it doesn’t pay for prenatal care and other vital services.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2013/02/12/4464303/m...
ima

El Paso, TX

#38 Feb 17, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said it before and I'll say it again:
There's enough guilt to go around for both parties!
The American voters need to clean house and vote them all out.
I would really want to know the exact amount of fraudulent (extra) votes that gave the dictator the seat in the WH. HE MORE THAN LIKELY DIDN'T WIN, even with all the handouts he offered the senile, low income, gov. dependent and uneducated, and illegals' anchors. These people are so dumb and uneducated they could care less that this imposter is our commander in chief! but how long will they continue to be supported? and when he stops all the support WHAT THEN? will he lead them all to the gallows because he can't support them anymore? this is scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 1 min Rabbeen Al Jihad 962
News 'Trade' has become a hot election topic. Here's... 33 min Le Jimbo 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 38 min Le Jimbo 3,642
News Criminal Aliens Are Being Released in US Becaus... 1 hr Go Blue Forever 12
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 6 hr quetzalcoatl 141,598
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 7 hr Quirky 6,693
News Hundreds Demand that Arizona Governor Doug Duce... 7 hr So You Know 14
More from around the web