Somali refugees in Yemeni limbo

Nov 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IRIN

It is eight years since Esmahan Abdaqadir Ali left the Somali capital Mogadishu for a new life in Saudi Arabia, and things have not quite turned out as planned.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2013
Sheikh Voodoo

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

List of the charities mentioned in this article that are looking after and helping Somali refugees in a Muslim country, Yemen are;

Danish Refugee Council (DRC)

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)

Saudi Arabia and the rich Gulf Arab countries have every right to say they don't want these refugees, but, were are their Muslim charities to help these Muslims? While the Western countries based 'Islamic relief' collects money from impressionable young Somali Muslims in the West, under the guise of helping the 'Muslim Ummah', aren't these Somali refugees in Yemen included this illusory "Muslim Ummah"? It looks like they are only interested in helping their own, since no Somali is a member of their executive Managing Council.

Which Somali Muslim hates the 'kafir' lands they live in and would kindly like to trade places with these Somali refugees in Yemen and live in a Muslim country? Any takers?

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
It looks like they are only interested in helping their own, since no Somali is a member of their executive Managing Council.
Yemen is a rather poor country, one in five Yemenis are malnourished. I don't even know how they took in refugees in the first place.
Sheikh Voodoo

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Rotini wrote:
Yemen is a rather poor country, one in five Yemenis are malnourished. I don't even know how they took in refugees in the first place.
Sxb, you are right, Yemen has pulled above it's weight for helping and hosting al these refugees in their country, but where are the Islamic charities? Not long ago, I had this discussion with a Somali friend who told me that he only donates through "Islamic Relief" based in England. When I asked him why? His response was, they help the 'ummah' and are actively involved with Somalis in refugees camps. I don't see them helping Somalis in Yemen. I bet his donations went to the tribal areas, Waziristan in Pakistan.
creepy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sxb, you are right, Yemen has pulled above it's weight for helping and hosting al these refugees in their country, but where are the Islamic charities? Not long ago, I had this discussion with a Somali friend who told me that he only donates through "Islamic Relief" based in England. When I asked him why? His response was, they help the 'ummah' and are actively involved with Somalis in refugees camps. I don't see them helping Somalis in Yemen. I bet his donations went to the tribal areas, Waziristan in Pakistan.
Notice how this Voodoo character now claims that he has a Somali "friend", while at the same time tries to insinuate that Somalis are both a burden on others and are more likely to help Islamists abroad on some misguided jihad than fellow Somalis in need. I would suggest that he is unaware of the 1.6 billion dollars sent annually as remittances by Somalis to their relatives back home, but chances are that he is already privy to this inconvenient fact.

And this is all in the space of a few short phrases. No normal person thinks anything remotely like this folks.
Sheikh Voodoo

Coburg, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Creepy

The discussion at hand is about Somali refugees in Yemen and the absence of Muslim charities.

Btw

I don't only have Somali friends, but I also have Somali cousins by the dozen.

Since: Oct 08

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

North America and Europe should treat African refugees same way Arabs do.
Simon Gauthier

Gaza, Palestinian Territory

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Coke Dream WWW.BLOWDREAM.COM US Free Shipping!

Since: Oct 08

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

People traffickers tortured and raped African migrants whose boat later sank off Lampedusa with the loss of more than 360 lives, Italian police say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-248663...

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
List of the charities mentioned in this article that are looking after and helping Somali refugees in a Muslim country, Yemen are;
Saudi Arabia and the rich Gulf Arab countries have every right to say they don't want these refugees, but, were are their Muslim charities to help these Muslims? While the Western countries based 'Islamic relief' collects money from impressionable young Somali Muslims in the West, under the guise of helping the 'Muslim Ummah', aren't these Somali refugees in Yemen included this illusory "Muslim Ummah"? It looks like they are only interested in helping their own, since no Somali is a member of their executive Managing Council.
Which Somali Muslim hates the 'kafir' lands they live in and would kindly like to trade places with these Somali refugees in Yemen and live in a Muslim country? Any takers?
Fool, you know as well as the rest of us know that Dumb-Dumb Bush closed down most Muslim charities
Ilwaad

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

creepy wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how this Voodoo character now claims that he has a Somali "friend", while at the same time tries to insinuate that Somalis are both a burden on others and are more likely to help Islamists abroad on some misguided jihad than fellow Somalis in need. I would suggest that he is unaware of the 1.6 billion dollars sent annually as remittances by Somalis to their relatives back home, but chances are that he is already privy to this inconvenient fact.
And this is all in the space of a few short phrases. No normal person thinks anything remotely like this folks.
I've had my suspicions about this guy for a long time. His hatred for somalis is unmatched.

This is what he said in another thread,

Sheikh Voodoo | Jul 30, 2011
Sacdiyo Somali wrote:
warya Somali ma tihide maaxad beenta u sheegeysa dooqonyahow, Somali miyaa tahay mise gaal doqoon voodo

does speaking a langugae, haa somali din la'an wan jeclanlaha. how about you? somaida side lo sacida kara

Does this gibberish look Somali to you? This aint Somali and he is not fooling anyone.

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Sheikh Voodoo wrote:
You're absolutely right, a rather sane person you are among the mentally ill that derails our Somalis, after all 1 in 3 suffers from some mental illness may god look after them.

Last Sunday i walked into a Somali restaurant after having some crazy cravings for some bariis and right in front of me i see "help syrian muslims" and although i'm all up for helping everyone, WHAT ABOUT US?? ALMOST 300,000k kids passed away and we're still in need of supporting displaced Somalis.

somalis unfortunately can't smell the smoke forget seeing the fire.
moreantsje

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

We are going to send thoses craps of shits terrorists somalis to Yemen that s where they belongs Somalis border sneakers are shoot at sight by courageous Saudis polices n they bodys are warmed up by desert coyotes..Yemenis have special guests houses for Somalis-erythrean,and ethiopians..so what?are they not muslims brothers?
anarchist

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

moreantsje wrote:
We are going to send thoses craps of shits terrorists somalis to Yemen that s where they belongs Somalis border sneakers are shoot at sight by courageous Saudis polices n they bodys are warmed up by desert coyotes..Yemenis have special guests houses for Somalis-erythrean,and ethiopians..so what?are they not muslims brothers?
shutup
Musa Ismail

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Because we the real muslims do not see Zoomalians as muslims, majority are fake muslims hypocrites.
Musa Ismail

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

You should see how ungrateful dirty darood and hawiye behave in the western countries and in Hargeisa, they are very ungrateful.
moreantsje

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Musa Ismail wrote:
You should see how ungrateful dirty darood and hawiye behave in the western countries and in Hargeisa, they are very ungrateful.

they all eat pigs..one day i saw one of em buying a big bottle of vodka and a bag full of sausages made of pigsmeat i was not shocked beacause i know they re hypocrits and ganja smockers..we re going
to cooperate with yemenis for having all somalis-erythreans-and ethiopians who pop in our country ..they re going to be there sxb

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

moreantsje wrote:
<quoted text>...
they all eat pigs..one day i saw one of em buying a big bottle of vodka and a bag full of sausages made of pigsmeat
WTF. See this is what happens when you don't get enough vitamin D.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••