U.S. lawyer defends Australian asylum...

U.S. lawyer defends Australian asylum seekers

There are 11 comments on the UPI story from Apr 26, 2013, titled U.S. lawyer defends Australian asylum seekers. In it, UPI reports that:

Former Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, defense lawyer Michael Mori wants greater access to people seeking asylum in Australian but kept in detention on the Pacific island of Nauru.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UPI.

chrus

Docklands, Australia

#1 Apr 26, 2013
Yea right a lawyer who defends muslim terrorists, is all for australia being inundated with muslim murderers and criminal.
Whats in a name

Australia

#2 Apr 26, 2013
he has no business meddling in our affairs.

“Lock up your cat ....”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

...or I'll kill it.

#3 Apr 26, 2013
A decent and honest man that has seen the system from both sides.
true blue

Australia

#4 Apr 26, 2013
Dear Michael, if you really want to feel good, defend the Boston bomber, I am sure the USA, will be 100 percent behind you... Meanwhile stay out of Australia's business..
fascinated_today

Modbury, Australia

#6 Jul 6, 2013
They will never cease to amaze me, those people rooting for an unlimited intake. Do they open their wallets to build housing for these people? No, WE have to pay for their accommodation in hotels and motels. Do they open their wallets to build desalination plants, because we are running out of surface water? No, they mandate we expend that money. Always easy to allocate other people's money. And all the while the asylum seekers fatten up organised crime by paying off their voyages.

Time to get out of the Refugee Convention. Where is it written that these one-sided agreements have been signed for ever and eternity? Go back to America, man.
Valirie

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jul 7, 2013
This flood of immergrants, asylum seekers to the west has changed the racial makeup of all our countrys. How many toilet bowl cleaners do we need. I'm with you Australia, take a stand, I've lost compassion for these parasites.
Jim

Brisbane, Australia

#8 Jul 7, 2013
Valirie wrote:
This flood of immergrants, asylum seekers to the west has changed the racial makeup of all our countrys. How many toilet bowl cleaners do we need. I'm with you Australia, take a stand, I've lost compassion for these parasites.
Simple -Just do away with the appeal system. These Lawyer Grubs defend these terrorist in Appeals after Appeals and the case goes on forever. Howard had it right no appeal system. The umpires decision is final. On the plane and back home to face shari law. Who gives a F++k there going to create havoc live nothing on earth for our kids. We need another Hitler here to sort out this sht.
sid

Chermside, Australia

#9 Jul 7, 2013
No need for Michael Mori to be shoving his nose into australias problems, I'm sure he has enough work for the next 100 years sorting out americas human rights abuses.

“Lock up your cat ....”

Level 1

...or I'll kill it.

#10 Jul 7, 2013
sid wrote:
No need for Michael Mori to be shoving his nose into australias problems, I'm sure he has enough work for the next 100 years sorting out americas human rights abuses.
Mori neither has the responsibility nor the job of "sorting out americas human rights abuses". He lives and works in Melbourne now.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Level 1

Since: Jan 11

Rye, Australia

#11 Jul 7, 2013
Mori seems to enjoy defending those whom he sees as underdogs without much discernment for the 'merit' of their position.

Therefore it could be argued that he comes across as a particular variant of 'ambulance-chaser'.

Unless he works Pro Bono, for him rich pickings await in the Asylum Seeker realm.

“Lock up your cat ....”

Level 1

...or I'll kill it.

#12 Jul 9, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
Mori seems to enjoy defending those whom he sees as underdogs without much discernment for the 'merit' of their position.
Therefore it could be argued that he comes across as a particular variant of 'ambulance-chaser'.
Unless he works Pro Bono, for him rich pickings await in the Asylum Seeker realm.
He works pro bono sometimes and I didn't realise asylum seekers were such an affluent bunch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Bakker 8,035
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Just Slim 142,294
News CBS Host Refers To Illegal Aliens As 'Undocumen... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 6
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 2 hr Cagando 10,953
Kitchens For Sale Bradford UK 2 hr Tinka 3
News Most Americans Oppose Trump's Positions On Immi... 6 hr Mite Be 11
News PunditFact: Jesus was 'an undocumented immigran... (Sep '15) 6 hr Mexican Lottery W... 11
More from around the web