A new thread not Created by POS or an...

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#2077 Jul 8, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, look what crawled out of that sock drawer they call the failed thread...
It was raining. Everything was wet.
Explain how you beat somebody bloody, wrestle them to the ground, bash their head against a cement sidewalk, try to take their gun and don't get so much as a speck of their blood or DNA on you.
That was the point of my post and short of that you can talk to yourself for the rest of the night for all I care.
Let's just say, it was failing. Thanks for leaving.

Specifically, "wet",'back and knees'. Not generally, as in "damp". You should know the difference.

That is kinda strange, but then again, the absence of DNA is anecdotal evidence at best. The existence of DNA evidence is not always irrefutable anyway, take O.J. for instance.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2078 Jul 8, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many things in the trial I can't get past, Jax.
But what better witness for your own defense when the dead victim can't tell his side of the story, and there were no eye-witnesses?
And no one seems to be asking all the questions. Looks like Zimmerman will be acquitted, and a new precedent will be set for justifying murder under supposed "self-defense" claims.
We don't hold life sacred anymore. Getting away with murder is more important apparently.
I'm not so sure Rose.

I could be wrong, but I think there will be a conviction. Probably manslaughter (which is what I thought the charge would have been to start with), but I don't see him walking away.

Like I said, I could be wrong and that's the danger of the jury system, sometimes guilty people walk free and sometimes innocent people go to prison, but at least there was a trial.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#2079 Jul 9, 2013
RuePaul McIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Which boy was that sweetie? Why don't I know about it?
Why do you Republicans/Conservative love to role play gay people? Is your life that boring?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#2080 Jul 9, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say, it was failing. Thanks for leaving.
Specifically, "wet",'back and knees'. Not generally, as in "damp". You should know the difference.
That is kinda strange, but then again, the absence of DNA is anecdotal evidence at best. The existence of DNA evidence is not always irrefutable anyway, take O.J. for instance.
Oj didn't do it.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#2081 Jul 9, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Oj didn't do it.
Humor doesn't suit you.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2082 Jul 9, 2013
Tapping microphone..."HELLO! Is this thing on?"
----------

Former judge admits flaws in secret court

A former federal judge who served on a secret court overseeing the National Security Agency's secret surveillance programs said Tuesday that the panel is independent but its oversight is flawed because of the lack of legal adversaries inside the system able to confront the government's actions...

...Robertson questioned whether the secret FISA court should provide legal approval for the surveillance programs, saying the court "has turned into something like an administrative agency."

Full Story...
http://news.yahoo.com/former-judge-admits-fla...

Level 6

Location hidden

#2083 Jul 10, 2013
All American Boy

Steve Grand is breaking ground and making a statement for the new normal in a most unexpected medium, the country music genre, with his new song 'All American Boy'.

Already racking up nearly one million hits with his You Tube debut, Steve Grand has captured in verse and video the attitude of a new generation of American men..."It ain't no big deal".

In this video, packed with fast cars, the American Flag, bon-fires, whiskey, skinny dipping and ripped abs, All American Boy Steve Grand slams head first into the cultural phenomenon known as "gay panic" shattering stereotypes and throwing a bucket of cold water on an archaic legal defense that has been used to justify violence against gay men for decades.

With a burning, passion and a simplistic honesty that is nothing short of disarming 'All American Boy' tells the all to familiar tale of an unrequited love and a friendship that is strong enough to survive something as unwelcome as a little true emotion.

Boy doesn't get boy in this one, but boy doesn't get beat up either and that may be the most significant message in this moving tribute to the human condition.

Homophobes be warned. It's a new day, the panic is over, and "I killed him because he's gay" doesn't work anymore.

http://sq1.us/thread/1221/american-homophobes...

Level 6

Location hidden

#2084 Jul 10, 2013
Think Topix can find a way to squeeze in any more ads on this site?

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#2085 Jul 10, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
Think Topix can find a way to squeeze in any more ads on this site?
Topix sux. They got ads popping up when your cursor arrow crosses over a post that has a highlighted word that's been tainted with an ad virus. And then there's U-Tube videos that have ads in the video and then........

STAGGER LEE

http://youtu.be/O9cXcWmhbrk

LLOYD PRICE
A-Valgore vio-vid

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#2086 Jul 10, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
There's one thing about the testimony in the Zimmerman trial I can't get past.
Zimmerman claims that Trayvon Martin attacked him, broke his nose, beat his head on a concrete sidewalk until he had gashes in his scalp, pinned him to the ground and beat him to the point that he was in fear for his life.
How is all that possible when there was no trace whatsoever of Zimmerman's blood or DNA on Trayvon's body, clothes or possessions?
How do you beat someone bloody, wrestle them to the ground and try to take their gun without touching them?
And the plot thickens....

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#2087 Jul 10, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix sux. They got ads popping up when your cursor arrow crosses over a post that has a highlighted word that's been tainted with an ad virus. And then there's U-Tube videos that have ads in the video and then........
STAGGER LEE
LLOYD PRICE
A-Valgore vio-vid
It's a Republican controlled ad"sparicy"!!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

#2088 Jul 10, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Humor doesn't suit you.
Sarcasm doesn't suit you!!

Level 6

Location hidden

#2089 Jul 10, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
<quoted text>
STAGGER LEE
LLOYD PRICE
A-Valgore vio-vid
They've sure messed up the profile pages here on topix and those highlighted word ads are annoying. Now I'm seeing new ads when I try to reply to a post and there's always that thing that slides in from the side when you go to a new page...not to mention the video ads in the sidebar.

Every once in a while my computer just shuts the whole thing down and says "no".

Looks like we could get a little more in the way of a direct response from the mods when we need it if they're going to force feed us all this crap just so we can use the site.

Enough already.

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#2090 Jul 10, 2013
Okay I'm gonna comment on the TMartin shooting.
There's only one factual event that matters. Where Mr. Z is told to back down and wait for police to arrive. He didn't therefore he initiated everything that happened afterward.
Just like a drunk who drives, they know they disregarded the law. If they cause an accident and save lives from a burning car, doesn't matter they initiated the whole scenario by disobeying the law.
Theres a tape of Mr. Z acknowledgeing the orders. So think about it. It's really irrelevent bout who beat up who, who screams, etc. If Mr. Z would have stayed put like he was told. Who cares if Mr. Martin was a smart jive azz punk, no reason to cornered like a rat and shot. Just like Mr. Z being a badge heavy, lone ranger vigilante, no reason for him to be shot for that. Only thing is Mr. Z let his little head pistola tell the big head what to do.

I GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU

http://youtu.be/ivSH3cHxbY0

BEE GEES
momentoflove-videos

Level 6

Location hidden

#2091 Jul 11, 2013
Angry Latin America wants answers on allegations of U.S. spying

Colombia, Washington's closest military ally in Latin America, joined the chorus of governments seeking answers following reports the United States used surveillance programs to monitor Internet traffic in most of the region's countries.

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto said it would be "totally unacceptable" if it were revealed that the United States had spied on in its neighbor and largest Latin American business partner.

A leading Brazilian newspaper reported on Tuesday that the U.S. National Security Agency targeted most Latin American countries with the secret spying programs

http://news.yahoo.com/angry-latin-america-wan...

In Brazil Senators have called for NSA whistleblower Snowden to be granted either asylum or citizenship and the US Ambassador Thomas Shannon was called to the Foreign Ministry where he admitted that the US has been spying on email traffic in that country.

Columbia's Foreign Ministry, considered our closest ally in the region, issued this statement, "In rejecting the acts of espionage that violate people's rights to privacy as well as the international conventions on telecommunication, Colombia requests the corresponding explanations from the United States government through its ambassador to Colombia."

The Government of Chile has "firmly" condemned the spying activities and the president of Mexico says his government is insisting on an explanation from Washington.

All of this as the outrage continues to grow over the forced landing of Bolivian President Morales' plane following US suspicions that Snowden was onboard.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2092 Jul 11, 2013
Pentagon to cut pay to troops

In a cost cutting measure expected to save $120 million a year, "danger pay" benefits will be eliminated for as many as 56,000 troops serving in areas considered so dangerous that the benefit has been standard. The move could reduce active duty "salaries" by as much as $225 a month.

The reductions would apply equally to all service members regardless of base salary which currently ranges from $18,000 a year for a new recruit to $235,000 for a Four Star General.

These changes will impact troops serving in the heart of middle east turmoil, including those troops recently deployed to Jordan in response to the violence in next door Syria.

Ironically, the list of areas where danger pay bonuses will still be available to active duty troops include the country of Iran where the US has no troops.

This move follows plans to save money by denying at least two hot meals each day to troops serving in Afghanistan.

http://sq1.us/thread/1239/pentagon-cut-pay-tr...

Level 6

Location hidden

#2093 Jul 11, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
Okay I'm gonna comment on the TMartin shooting.
There's only one factual event that matters. Where Mr. Z is told to back down and wait for police to arrive. He didn't therefore he initiated everything that happened afterward.
Just like a drunk who drives, they know they disregarded the law. If they cause an accident and save lives from a burning car, doesn't matter they initiated the whole scenario by disobeying the law.
Theres a tape of Mr. Z acknowledgeing the orders. So think about it. It's really irrelevent bout who beat up who, who screams, etc. If Mr. Z would have stayed put like he was told. Who cares if Mr. Martin was a smart jive azz punk, no reason to cornered like a rat and shot. Just like Mr. Z being a badge heavy, lone ranger vigilante, no reason for him to be shot for that. Only thing is Mr. Z let his little head pistola tell the big head what to do.
I GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU
http://youtu.be/ivSH3cHxbY0
BEE GEES
momentoflove-videos
Been watching a little of the video feed and the prosecution is doing a good job painting the picture of Zimmerman as a coward that wanted to be a cop.

From the jargon he used to his actions, Zimmerman was living out his cop fantasy and it cost Trayvon Martin his life.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2094 Jul 11, 2013
Surprise! Huge US Budget Surplus Shatters Record

The U.S. government posted a budget surplus in June, the latest sign of rapidly improving public finances that could reduce the urgency in Congress to strike a deal to raise the nation's limit on borrowing.

Rising tax revenues, public spending cuts and big payments to the Treasury from state-backed mortgage firms helped the government take in $117 billion more last month than it paid out...

Full Story....
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100880536

Level 6

Location hidden

#2095 Jul 12, 2013
George Zimmerman Could Face Life or 25 Years Without Parole

George Zimmerman was tried for the charge of second degree murder for killing Trayvon Martin, but the judge today said the jury can consider an alternate, lesser charge of manslaughter...

...For the jury of six women to find Zimmerman guilty of second degree murder they must determine that he did something "imminently dangerous" and acted with a "depraved mind without regard to human life," according to Florida statutes. They have to find that Zimmerman acted with "ill will, hatred, spite or an evil intent."...

...If he is found not guilty of second degree murder, then the jury can consider an alternative, lesser charge of manslaughter...

...A manslaughter conviction could bring up to a 30 year prison sentence assuming the jury makes a "special finding" that a gun was an "essential element" of the crime. If the jury does not make a "special finding," his sentence would likely be between 10 to 15 years.

Full Story...
http://gma.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-could-f...

----------

I remember way back on the failed thread wasting hours arguing with such brilliant legal minds as eagle and higgans that the reason the prosecution had decided to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder was because it would allow the jury to also consider the lesser included charge of manslaughter.

Regardless of what source was provided, or what state law was quoted these dweebs insisted that the state had overcharged and it was 2nd degree murder or nothing which, in their world, meant that Zimmerman was going to go free.

Well, here we are waiting for the verdict and it turns out those of us that knew how this worked were right.

I guess this amounts to one great big "I told ya so" but it is also the reason I don't bother with most of Topix anymore.

Too many people that don't know, can't comprehend, won't learn and don't care pretending to be experts and willing to waste their lives defending ignorance.

I can think of a million more satisfying and productive ways to waste my spare time.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest and take a minute to flip the proverbial bird to the haters that have been willing to defend the murder of an innocent 17 year old kid just because he was black.

Zimmerman could still walk free, that's the risk of a jury trial, but right now there are two ways for the jury to take this creep off the streets, Murder in the second degree or manslaughter.

Which do you think is more likely?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2096 Jul 12, 2013
The song was rather touching and close to the heart. but just the same it is most likely Zim will walk.
Only Zim knows what Zim did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney General Jeff Sessions visited Portland... 2 min Tea Bag Residue C... 1
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 10,850
Is George a lonley troll who needs a man? 5 hr VorenusI 5
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 5 hr NuRidersoftheePur... 147,649
Does Katrina have genital warts? 6 hr Supreme Leader 1
Freebird is a slow kid. Yes or No? 6 hr Supreme Leader 9
News Combating the threat of white supremacy 7 hr Moe 281
Should Katrina be banned? 8 hr george 220
More from around the web