A new thread not Created by POS or an...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1747 Jun 13, 2013
How stupid does our government, the NSA and the mainstream press think we are?

"Leaker" "betrayal" "defector"...there's no doubt about it, the NSA propaganda machine is in overdrive and they've put a hit out on whistle blower Edward Snowden.

Using China as the boogey-man and playing our fears for all their worth, our government is determined to create a negative image of Edward Snowden in the minds of the American people and surprise, surprise they suddenly have the cooperation of the very news agencies they have recently targeted in unprecedented investigations that have been nothing more than intimidation campaigns meant to silence opposition from the "fourth estate".

Below are just two examples of today's coverage of the NSA scandal and it won't take long to notice that the press has suddenly and inexplicably adopted the government's talking points.

The sad part is, unless the American people wake up soon, they may get by with it.

----------

U.S. Fears Edward Snowden May Defect to China: Sources

U.S. intelligence officials on the trail of rogue contractor Edward Snowden are now treating the National Security Agency leak case as a possible foreign espionage matter, raising fears that the 29-year-old computer whiz may be attempting to defect to China with a trove of America's most sensitive secrets, according to two U.S. officials.

"I think there is a real concern about that," a senior official familiar with the case told ABC News on Thursday. Another law enforcement official said it was a "very legitimate" worry.

In an interview Wednesday with Hong Kong's South China Morning Post, Snowden said his country "had been hacking into computers in Hong Kong and [in China] for years."

Those remarks alarmed intelligence officials, who considered those statements as much of a betrayal as his alleged leaking of highly classified files on the NSA's vast surveillance program to two newspapers last week, the senior official said.

Full Story...
http://gma.yahoo.com/u-fears-edward-snowden-m...

----------

Leaker Snowden alleges NSA hacking on China, world

For months, China has tried to turn the tables on the U.S. to counter accusations that it hacks America's computers and networks. Now, former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden may have handed Beijing a weapon in its cyber war of words with Washington.

In an interview with the South China Morning Post newspaper, Snowden claims the U.S. has long been attacking a Hong Kong university that routes all Internet traffic in and out of the semiautonomous Chinese region.

Snowden said the National Security Agency's 61,000 hacking targets around the world include hundreds in Hong Kong and mainland China, the paper reported late Wednesday. The Post, Hong Kong's main English-language newspaper, said Snowden had presented documents to support those claims, but it did not describe the documents and said it could not verify them.

Snowden's comments were his first since the 29-year-old American revealed himself as the source of a major leak of top-secret information on U.S. surveillance programs. He flew to Hong Kong from Hawaii before revealing himself, and the Post said he is staying out of sight amid speculation the U.S. may seek his extradition.

Full Story...
http://news.yahoo.com/leaker-snowden-alleges-...

“for whom the bell tolls”

Level 6

Since: Dec 10

fate is the hunter

#1748 Jun 13, 2013
=== SILENT RUNNING ===

http://youtu.be/P2q_xBAh3xo

Mike & The Mechanics

Take the children and yourself
And hide out in the cellar
By now the fighting will be close at hand
Don't believe the church and state
And everything they tell you
Believe in me, I'm with the high command
Can you hear me, can you hear me running?
Can you hear me running, can you hear me calling you?
There's a gun and ammunition
Just inside the doorway
Use it only in emergency
Better you should pray to God
The Father and the Spirit
Will guide you and protect from up here
Swear allegiance to the flag
Whatever flag they offer
Never hint at what you really feel
Teach the children quietly
For some day sons and daughters
Will rise up and fight while we stood still

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Concord, CA

#1749 Jun 13, 2013
Vorenus wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so, but knowing the nature of this case, I have a feeling the defense counsel will come up with their own "experts" that will refute their findings...
Fat boy's going down!
Most likely, V.

I read the whole article and the expert opinions are conflicting. I can't see how the judge wouldn't allow that tape be admitted as evidence though. She should, and let the jury decide.

Personally, I think Zimmerman has been lying all along to save his fat ass. Defendants lie to their attorneys all the time, and this is a high-profile case for the defense. They want to win regardless of the truth. And the only one who really knows what happened is Zimmerman, and he has no one to counter his story. He made sure of that.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#1750 Jun 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
"Leaker" "betrayal" "defector"...there's no doubt about it, the NSA propaganda machine is in overdrive and they've put a hit out on whistle blower Edward Snowden.
Using China as the boogey-man and playing our fears for all their worth, our government is determined to create a negative image of Edward Snowden in the minds of the American people and surprise, surprise they suddenly have the cooperation of the very news agencies they have recently targeted in unprecedented investigations that have been nothing more than intimidation campaigns meant to silence opposition from the "fourth estate".
Below are just two examples of today's coverage of the NSA scandal and it won't take long to notice that the press has suddenly and inexplicably adopted the government's talking points.
The sad part is, unless the American people wake up soon, they may get by with it.
----------
U.S. intelligence officials on the trail of rogue contractor Edward Snowden are now treating the National Security Agency leak case as a possible foreign espionage matter, raising fears that the 29-year-old computer whiz may be attempting to defect to China with a trove of America's most sensitive secrets, according to two U.S. officials.
"I think there is a real concern about that," a senior official familiar with the case told ABC News on Thursday. Another law enforcement official said it was a "very legitimate" worry.
In an interview Wednesday with Hong Kong's South China Morning Post, Snowden said his country "had been hacking into computers in Hong Kong and [in China] for years."
Those remarks alarmed intelligence officials, who considered those statements as much of a betrayal as his alleged leaking of highly classified files on the NSA's vast surveillance program to two newspapers last week, the senior official said.
Full Story...
----------
For months, China has tried to turn the tables on the U.S. to counter accusations that it hacks America's computers and networks. Now, former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden may have handed Beijing a weapon in its cyber war of words with Washington.
In an interview with the South China Morning Post newspaper, Snowden claims the U.S. has long been attacking a Hong Kong university that routes all Internet traffic in and out of the semiautonomous Chinese region.
Snowden said the National Security Agency's 61,000 hacking targets around the world include hundreds in Hong Kong and mainland China, the paper reported late Wednesday. The Post, Hong Kong's main English-language newspaper, said Snowden had presented documents to support those claims, but it did not describe the documents and said it could not verify them.
Snowden's comments were his first since the 29-year-old American revealed himself as the source of a major leak of top-secret information on U.S. surveillance programs. He flew to Hong Kong from Hawaii before revealing himself, and the Post said he is staying out of sight amid speculation the U.S. may seek his extradition.
Full Story...
The media is very fickle, and they'll play this for all they can milk out of it. It's what they do.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1751 Jun 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
The media is very fickle, and they'll play this for all they can milk out of it. It's what they do.
"The media is very fickle, and they'll play this for all they can..."

Me too.

;)

Level 9

Concord, CA

#1752 Jun 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
----------
Full Story...
----------
Full Story...
I still can't see what possible good can come from this. And just might create more problems.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#1753 Jun 13, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"The media is very fickle, and they'll play this for all they can..."
Me too.
;)
The truth is, Jax, I'm more interested in the Zimmerman trial than Snowden and his 15 minutes of infamy.

“Heartful of Soul”

Level 6

Since: Feb 09

El Dorado

#1754 Jun 13, 2013
~~~Do You Want To Know A Secret?~~~

http://youtu.be/ZU260aPaePE

Beatles
Lyrics En Espanol/HD

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#1755 Jun 13, 2013
D Valens wrote:
~~~Do You Want To Know A Secret?~~~
http://youtu.be/ZU260aPaePE
Beatles
Lyrics En Espanol/HD
Who Can It Be Now?

http://youtu.be/0WYbbYUbQ3Y

Men at Work
Monster House
check out the mean guy!

Level 6

Location hidden

#1756 Jun 13, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, Jax, I'm more interested in the Zimmerman trial than Snowden and his 15 minutes of infamy.
I get that and I'm very interested in the Zimmerman case too, but I do see this 'encroachment' into our right to privacy as a long term and specific threat.

Let's say this continues. 20 years from now some reporter uncovers the next Watergate or worse and the sitting president says "what do we have on him"....and they have everything.

That's just one example to think about.

The potential for abuse far out ways any supposed advantage to our security.

I may try and keep the conversation light because some people that disagree with me are people I like, but this is very serious and it's not just melodrama.

This is real and our president is on the wrong side of the equation.

If it was George Bush...well...you get my point.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1757 Jun 13, 2013
They're Coming to Take Me Away Hahaaa!

:p

“The Beast Within”

Level 5

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#1758 Jun 13, 2013
I GOT TO.....

F L Y <-> A W A Y

http://youtu.be/r9IhGYI1Gc0

LENNY KRAVITZ
HQ-RAVE-N-VID-[M]

Level 6

Location hidden

#1759 Jun 13, 2013
Leahy files "repeal doma" amendment to immigration reform

According to the Washington Blade Senator Patrick Leahy has filed an amendment to the comprehensive immigration reform bill that would grant legal protections to bi-national same-sex couples.

In a statement made Tuesday senator Leahy said,“Seeking equal protection under our laws for the LGBT community is the right thing to do. I withheld my anti-discrimination amendment during the Senate Judiciary Committee markup. As the entire Senate turns to debate the immigration bill, the fight for equality must go on.”

Amendment No. 1182 would effectively repeal part of DOMA and allow legally married bi-national same-sex couples to apply for a visa through the marriage-based green-card application process.

If passed into law, Leahy's amendment would extend the same legal protections that heterosexual couples enjoy to their homosexual counterparts under the proposed immigration reform package.

Although the amendment has been filed, there is no guarantee that it will actually be brought to the floor as many supporters are hoping that the Supreme court will declare DOMA unconstitutional in a ruling expected later this month. If that were to happen the legal barriers that prevent same-sex couples from applying for a visa through the marriage-based-green-card process would be removed without amendment 1182 and a fight with opponents of gay and lesbian equality could be avoided.

Many conservative political and religious leaders have expressed outrage over the amendment, threatening to withdraw their support of immigration reform if the anti-discrimination measure is included.

Edge New England reports that Senator Marco Rubio, a key figure in crafting the immigration reform bill, has stated that he might refuse to support the bill if it includes protections that would allow legally married same-sex couples to stay together.

In an interview with conservative radio host Andrea Tantaros senator Rubio said of the Leahy amendment, "If this bill has in it something that gives gay couples immigration rights and so forth, it kills the bill," and added "I’m gone, I’m off it, and I’ve said that repeatedly. I don’t think that’s going to happen, and it shouldn’t happen, this is already a difficult enough issue as it is."

However, civil rights activists say that Leahy chose to file this amendment because of the two he had previously proposed,#1182 has the best chance of reaching the 60 vote barrier needed to overcome republican opposition in the senate.

http://sq1.us/thread/770/leahy-repeal-amendme...

“Heartful of Soul”

Level 6

Since: Feb 09

El Dorado

#1760 Jun 13, 2013
But we'll forgive them, because we love them. After all is said and done.
There one in a million,

~~~A Million To One~~~

http://youtu.be/3CRWoIKjYWs

Jimmy Charles
ucle~vids

“this gun for hire”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Sunset Beach

#1761 Jun 13, 2013
"L"

"O"

"W"

http://youtu.be/f4Qixm8uuUE
Cracker
bluedonkey-vids

“Can You Believe It?”

Level 7

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#1762 Jun 14, 2013
This kid can sing!!

10 Year Old Sebastien De La Cruz Sings National Anthem @ Game 3 of NBA Fina

“this gun for hire”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Sunset Beach

#1763 Jun 14, 2013
"I Can Hear Music"

http://youtu.be/HC8vd7TFJw4
Beach Boys
planet plagar videos

“Working Class Dog”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Hells Kitchen

#1764 Jun 14, 2013
parakeets NOT parrots.....

"And Your Bird Can Sing"

http://youtu.be/3F7m2YjVReo
Beatles / HQ-Remastered video

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1765 Jun 14, 2013
GeeShayla wrote:
This kid can sing!!
10 Year Old Sebastien De La Cruz Sings National Anthem @ Game 3 of NBA Fina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =u92yUQfD9HQXX
That was simply beautiful, Shayla. I had goosebumps.

How could anyone criticize that? I simply don't get it. He sings like an angel and did a fantastic job.

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1766 Jun 14, 2013
And the cowardly troll shows up to play stupid with the judge its. LOL!

Grow up, you big babies and haters.

That little boy did a beautiful job of singing out National Anthem, and better than some professional singers I can think of.

Guess you did like his mariachi costume. Tough chit. He's an American citizen regardless of what you hateful racists think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 45 min Le Jimbo 35
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 45 min Truth is might 14,935
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Philosophic 13,211
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr Just Slim 143,723
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 6 hr Mary Jane 91
News US Muslims watch Trump victory with 'fear and c... 7 hr davy 11
News Santorum and the Messy Truth of Immigration 8 hr Skittlez9991 2
More from around the web