A new thread not Created by POS or an...

“Take a deep breath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Let it out

#1348 May 27, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
It could have also fallen from an airplane toilet. Maybe your neighbor was flying that day.
It's more than likely that I planted that Johnson grass there when I put down composted manure last year. The two places I put that stuff became infected with weeds. Johnson grass in one bed and bind weed in the other. I should have known that S#!t wasn't fully composted. I only have myself to blame. Me and that jackass Colonel Johnson.

“One Night”

Level 4

Since: Aug 12

It Just Disappeared

#1349 May 27, 2013
Thunder Thumbs and Lightnin' Licks ~ The Brothers Johnson
http://youtu.be/i0ye2EC4pVA

“Natural selection created apes”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Religion made them human

#1350 May 27, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
The root can go five feet below ground. Burning the surface will not kill the roots. The only way to get rid of Johnson grass is to dig up all the roots and burn them, which is nearly impossible because there will always be pieces of Johnson grass root that you won't get and it will re-infest the area ... or to use mother natures secret plant control devise. Salt. That is basically what a full spectrum herbicide is. Salt. Salt, vinegar, water and dawn dish detergent. There you have it! Homemade roundup. Personally, I like the store bought stuff better. It comes in concentrate and mixes much easier than homemade herbicide. The salt doesn't dissolve well and plugs up my sprayer. Anyway, when the plant takes the salt into it's leaf, it sends it to the roots along with the other nutrients it creates with photosynthesis. The salt kills the root and the plant dies. As it is drying up, it will cast off lot's of seeds so a few weeks after killing the grass, herbicide will need to be reapplied to kill off the new growth before it can mature and seed out.
Sounds like you're a man with a plan. Don't torch the roots.., torch the manure. LOL!

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1351 May 27, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
They are out to show that the incident is made up of two distinct episodes. 1) Zman goes after the kid but can't find him; 2) on the way back to his vehicle Martin ambushed him without provocation and he (Zman) had no other way to repel the asswhipping being delivered by a deranged young man with a checkered past, but for shooting the attacker.
So they can just fabricate scenarios that suit their allegations?

Objection and Sustained in my opinion.

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1352 May 27, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
Let me ask you guys a question...
Would it make a difference if Martin had "previous knowledge" that the Zman was the complex's security director and was just doing part of his job?
Why would it? Unless someone tries to claim that Martin had a motive for instigating a confrontation with Zimmerman.

Too much speculation for my taste. I like facts, and I haven't read anything that suggests Martin had any prior knowledge of Zimmerman or who he was.

Just the facts, Ma'm, I mean Sir. LOL!

Level 9

Religion made them human

#1353 May 27, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would it? Unless someone tries to claim that Martin had a motive for instigating a confrontation with Zimmerman.
Too much speculation for my taste. I like facts, and I haven't read anything that suggests Martin had any prior knowledge of Zimmerman or who he was.
Just the facts, Ma'm, I mean Sir. LOL!
"Unless someone tries to claim that Martin had a motive for instigating a confrontation with Zimmerman."

Revenge? The kid was furious at Zman for scaring him.

Level 9

Religion made them human

#1354 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
So they can just fabricate scenarios that suit their allegations?
Objection and Sustained in my opinion.
That's the problem with not having eye witnesses.
There was no one that witnessed the confrontation, fatboy is not going to testify against himself, and Martin can't speak.

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1355 May 27, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Unless someone tries to claim that Martin had a motive for instigating a confrontation with Zimmerman."
Revenge? The kid was furious at Zman for scaring him.
Of course a revenge motive could be used if they try to prove that Martin instigated the confrontation in the first place, but he wouldn't have necessarily known Z previously.

You like this stuff, don't you? LOL!

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1356 May 27, 2013
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem with not having eye witnesses.
There was no one that witnessed the confrontation, fatboy is not going to testify against himself, and Martin can't speak.
Exactly. So it's entirely up to the prosecution to prove manslaughter based on circumstantial evidence (and Martin's death), and the defense will use the "self-defense" plea.

And then it's up to twelve jurors.

Very messy in any case. I wouldn't be surprised if a mistrial or hung jury results. It won't be cut and dried I don't believe.

Level 9

Redwood City, CA

#1357 May 27, 2013
Was that last sentence a double negative?

I don't believe I wouldn't do that. Hahha!

Say "Goodnight Gracie."

Level 9

Religion made them human

#1359 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course a revenge motive could be used if they try to prove that Martin instigated the confrontation in the first place, but he wouldn't have necessarily known Z previously.
You like this stuff, don't you? LOL!
Bad habits are hard to break.:)

Level 9

Religion made them human

#1360 May 27, 2013
Was that last sentence a double negative?
I don't believe I wouldn't do that. Hahha!
Say "Goodnight Gracie."
Goodnight Gracie!

I'm out of here too. I have some reading to do.

Darsan Namaste mi amiga!
Welcome To Obamas America

San Bernardino, CA

#1361 May 28, 2013
Obama embraces role as consoler in chief to remain above the fray
By Niall Stanage - 05/28/13 05:00 AM ET

President Obama will gain one more day of respite from the controversies that have crowded in on his administration Tuesday, as he tours the New Jersey coast to inspect the recovery and rebuilding efforts in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.
The Garden State visit follows a presidential speech Monday to mark Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery and a trip to tornado-stricken Oklahoma on Sunday.
Both weekend occasions permitted Obama to appear above the fray — the commander in chief and consoler in chief, respectively — rather than as a political figure pinned down in the Washington trenches.
The trip comes as his administration faces tough questions over a trio of controversies: the IRS political targeting scandal, the Justice Department’s leak probes and the handling of the Benghazi mission attack.
Tuesday’s New Jersey trip will be undertaken in the company of Gov. Chris Christie (R), a visit that will evoke memories of their joint tour of affected communities shortly after Sandy hit. At that point — late October last year — the presidential election campaign was in its closing days.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/30...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

San Bernardino, CA

#1363 May 28, 2013
Washington Post/ABC poll: Only 18 percent support Gang of Eight approach to illegal immigration
By Jeremy Beck, Friday, May 24, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT

The Washington Post is confounded by its own poll. Only 18 percent of Americans support the Gang of Eight's legalization-first approach to illegal immigration, according to a Washington Post/ABC News poll. Yet the Post began its story on the poll with, "Comprehensive immigration reform moves to the Senate floor next week with solid overall support from the public."

How does 18 percent translate into "solid overall support"? The Post reporters drew their conclusion based on 58 percent of poll respondents saying they would support "a program giving undocumented immigrants now living in the United States the right to live here legally if they pay a fine and meet other requirements."

Pollsters can find Americans open to limited amnesty if they add that certain conditions must be met. One of those conditions is that the government get serious about enforcement to prevent future illegal immigration. The Post / ABC poll asked:

Q: Which of these would you prefer?

34%: Enact stricter border control now and put off path to legal status;
18%: Enact a path to legal status now and put off stricter border control;
33%: Both
11%: Neither
4%: Don't know
The bill passed out of the Senate Judiciary committee takes the second approach. The main benefits for illegal aliens (legal status and work permits) are given before any enforcement. There are no hard triggers to guarantee improved enforcement after that.

Regardless of where the American people are on the general idea of amnesty for illegal aliens, most Americans oppose the approach in the Senate bill, which is amnesty first, enforcement later or never.

The Gang of Eight members on the Judiciary Committee held together to defeat every amendment that would have made the "path to legal status" conditional on effective enforcement. They preserved the 1986 template of their bill. As far as public support for the legalization-first approach, the Post's poll got it right; the reporters got it wrong.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/b...

“The Beast Within”

Level 5

Since: Oct 12

Paradise, Calif

#1365 May 28, 2013
Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Do me a favour open the door and let'em in.

Jack the Ripper
Mother Barker
Jeffrey Daumer
Chuck Whitman
Teddy Bundy
Eddie Gein
Open the door and let'em in.

Somebody's ringin' the bell ...
John Wayne Gacy
Son of Sam
Richard Speck
Manson

Open the door and,
let'em in.

http://youtu.be/uVFIP4kTelc

Wings

San Bernardino, CA

#1367 May 28, 2013
Liberal Logic 101

Helping those of us with brains understand how Liberal Logic works

http://liberallogic101.com/
Stop The Corruption

San Bernardino, CA

#1370 May 28, 2013
Group plans impeach President Obama march in D.C.

MAY 25, 2013BY: CHRISTOPHER COLLINS

The three scandals concerning the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Justice, and the Benghazi, Libya terrorist attacks plaguing the Obama administration have prompted Carl Boyd Jr., a black conservative who hosts the conservative talk show “Nothing But The Truth” in Nashville, on Friday to call for an impeachment march on Flag Day, June 14, 2013.

Read more: http://www.examiner.com/article/group-plans-i...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1371 May 29, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
Here is a nice place to move on from the multiple personalities of POS so we can quit feeding it's ego by watching the President has failed us thread die and go away once and for all.
Now that you have my attention, could you please name them? Now that YOU made the claim. Back it up. I challenge you.
NAME THEM!

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1373 May 29, 2013
Bachman won't run for reelection

Rep. Bachmann looks forward to 'limitless' future, but not in the House

U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, a conservative firebrand whose bid for president last year ended after the Iowa caucuses, will not seek re-election to her Minnesota congressional seat in 2014.

Making her announcement in a video posted to her campaign website early Wednesday, Bachmann stressed she had no plans to fade from public view.

"Looking forward, after the completion of my term, my future is full, it is limitless, and my passions for America will remain," she announced.

Bachmann, who's in her fourth term representing Minnesota's 6th District, promised that there "is no future option or opportunity" that she "won't be giving serious consideration if it can help save and protect our great nation for future generations."

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/29/rep-...

“Peace”

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1374 May 29, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey NTR.
Haven't had a chance to talk to you much lately.
I know what DP is talking about. Johnson grass will overwhelm a field of corn if it gets a chance to set up. It will crowd out more attractive perennial plants in your landscaping too.
There's a lot of kudzu around the south that is awful. It was first thought to be a good plant to feed cattle but cattle can't keep up with it's growth. It completely covers everything around it and it spreads. It's almost impossible to get rid of.
Just another good plan on paper that wasn't such a good idea in real life practice.
I've never heard of johnson grass so I have no idea what it's like.
By the way hello Jax.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 16 min Tm Cln 17,646
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr prove ur insanity... 14,828
News Cruel bully or modern-day Wyatt Earp? Sheriff's... 2 hr spud 34
News Sanctuary city mayors urge Obama to protect ill... 2 hr spud 18
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 3 hr spud 40
News Trump: Brexit 'a great thing,' EU to continue t... 3 hr spud 6
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 3 hr Jeremy 437
More from around the web