|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text> It may bring lots of whales, but for this discussion, I'll take you to mean "Wales". Is there any reasons why you left out Northern Ireland and Scotland?
In any case, a Royal Decree applies to the entire kingdom. That is: United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, Pakistan, and Ceylon.
While some of those countries may have already passed same sex marriage laws, the ones that have not yet passed such laws are now encumbered by royal decree.
I can't see a monarch writing a decree that only applies to as small part of their kingdom. It's simply not the way is done. However, I'll be the first to admit that I have not read the decree. Maybe it's time someone posts a link to the decree.
"Is there any reasons why you left out Northern Ireland and Scotland?"

Scotland has gained a great deal of independence and will have to pass their own marriage laws.

Late last month a copy of Scotland's proposed marriage equality bill was published.

If things go according to schedule, the bill will reach Royal Assent in early 2014 with the first marriages taking place in 2015.

Scottish Government - Same sex marriage (27/06/2013)
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2013...

Health Secretary Alex Neil said:

"This is a historic moment for Scotland and for equal rights in our country.

"We are striving to create a Scotland that is fairer and more tolerant, where everyone is treated equally. That is why we believe that same sex couples should be allowed to marry.

"A marriage is about love, not gender. And that is the guiding principle at the heart of this bill.

"At the same time, we also want to protect freedom of speech and religion, and that’s what the Bill sets out to do. That is why it will be up to the religious body or individual celebrant to decide if they want to perform same sex marriages and there will be no obligation to opt in."

Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Bill
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Justice/law...

“A little shake...”

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

A Little Tingle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cars - Good Times Roll
http://sq1.us/thread/1443/cars-good-times-rol...
Na Bro! This is what I mean by "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

Queen Ida and The Bon Temps Zydeco Band - Rosa Majeur

“A little shake...”

Level 9

A Little Tingle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Is there any reasons why you left out Northern Ireland and Scotland?"
Scotland has gained a great deal of independence and will have to pass their own marriage laws.
Late last month a copy of Scotland's proposed marriage equality bill was published.
If things go according to schedule, the bill will reach Royal Assent in early 2014 with the first marriages taking place in 2015.
Scottish Government - Same sex marriage (27/06/2013)
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2013...
Health Secretary Alex Neil said:
"This is a historic moment for Scotland and for equal rights in our country.
"We are striving to create a Scotland that is fairer and more tolerant, where everyone is treated equally. That is why we believe that same sex couples should be allowed to marry.
"A marriage is about love, not gender. And that is the guiding principle at the heart of this bill.
"At the same time, we also want to protect freedom of speech and religion, and that’s what the Bill sets out to do. That is why it will be up to the religious body or individual celebrant to decide if they want to perform same sex marriages and there will be no obligation to opt in."
Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Bill
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Justice/law...
That was worth reading, good stuff.

It's worth noting that the queens and kings of England are also "The Supreme Governor(s) of The Church of England".

Will she impose these sudden reversal of moral values onto the Anglican church? Will the Church's Primate risk a confrontation between himself and his boss, the Queen of England?

Stay tuned...

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
It's worth noting that the queens and kings of England are also "The Supreme Governor(s) of The Church of England".
Will she impose these sudden reversal of moral values onto the Anglican church? Will the Church's Primate risk a confrontation between himself and his boss, the Queen of England?
Stay tuned...
Between the Anglicans in Canada and the Episcopalians here in America, the Anglican Communion is being forced to come to terms with the issue anyway...

"Currently ten Anglican dioceses permit the blessing of same-sex unions: the Vancouver-based Diocese of New Westminster, the Diocese of Edmonton, the Diocese of Ottawa, the Diocese of Toronto, the London-based Diocese of Huron, the diocese of Quebec, the Diocese of Rupert's Land, the Hamilton-based Diocese of Niagara, the Diocese of Montreal, and the Victoria-based Diocese of British Columbia). The Anglican Parishes of the Central Interior (formerly the Diocese of Cariboo) also permit such rites."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_an...

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Pope Francis on gays:`Who am I to judge?'

Pope Francis said Monday that he will not "judge" gays and lesbians - including gay priests - signaling a shift from his predecessor and offering another sign that the new pope is committed to changing the church's approach to historically marginalized groups.

“If someone is gay and he searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?” Francis said in a wide-ranging news conference aboard the papal plane...

..."There's a lot of talk about the gay lobby, but I've never seen it on the Vatican ID card!" Francis said.

"When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of a lobby. If they accept the Lord and have goodwill, who am I to judge them? They shouldn't be marginalized. The tendency (to homosexuality) is not the problem ... they're our brothers."

Full Story...
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29/pope...
Mary

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay tuned...
What's worth noting is your lack of education.

"the queens and kings of England are also "The Supreme Governor(s) of The Church of England"

This is taught to every American in 6th grade history class.
Further every European in every European country is taught this.

It seems you have no formal education from anywhere.

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
"the queens and kings of England are also "The Supreme Governor(s) of The Church of England"
Well "Mary", since the discussion was about the Queen endorsing same-sex marriage in England and since even you agree that Mail was right and the Monarch is technically the head of the Church of England, what impact do you think her support of marriage equality will have on a religious institution already struggling to come to terms with this issue?

Anything?

Tic-toc Mary, contribute or move along.

Okay, let me make this easy for ya...

If you're going to criticize someone for their "lack of education" it's probably best to pick something they got wrong instead of something they got right, otherwise you just come off looking like one more bitter troll with nothing to say and more attitude than brains.

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Level 9

Forum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
And what's your point? USM made an interesting observation in the context of the subject being discussed.

You apparently had no intelligent comment, but are here just to aggravate and provoke. I'm certain USM has far more formal education than you, troll.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't think it's about race why were there 5 white women ready to convict and the only minority (a Puerto Rican woman) was not?
Si Pepe!
Sh!t, I don't know, I wasn't there. But a jury of one's piers doesn't guarantee anything. Only racist bigots point to ethnicity when their preconceived verdicts don't pan out. Run, O.J.!

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Baton Rouge, Louisiana: Sheriff targets and arrests gay men

It may be hard to believe in this day and age, but there is at least one place and at least one Sheriff that has made it his calling to ensnare and arrest unsuspecting gay men in an undercover sting operation by enforcing "anti-sodomy' laws that were declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court more than a decade ago.

Here's how this works...

An undercover police officer approaches a man striking up a conversation. Eventually the officer invites his unsuspecting target to go back with him to his nearby apartment for some drinks and a little "fun". Once there the officer sets the stage with questions about sex and inquires if his guest has any condoms.

All the pieces in place and then..."you're under arrest"...charged with 'a crime against nature' under an anti-sodomy law that dates back to 1805.

Entrapment you say? Even before the Supreme Court declared anti-sodomy laws unconstitutional in 2003, jurors in Baton Rouge were already skeptical of these kinds of tactics refusing to convict on the grounds that it seemed the police were guilty of initiating the sexual contact.

District Attorney Hillar Moore III noted that public sex acts and solicitation for money remain illegal, but has refused to prosecute these cases saying,"...from what I’ve seen of these cases, legally, we found no criminal violation."

A spokeswoman for the office of Sheriff Sid J. Gautreaux III had this to say about the arrests,“This is a law that is currently on the Louisiana books, and the sheriff is charged with enforcing the laws passed by our Louisiana Legislature. Whether the law is valid is something for the courts to determine, but the sheriff will enforce the laws that are enacted,” and with that it seemed the Sheriff was determined to continue his campaign to clean up Baton Rouge, one gay man at a time, through these illegal sting operations...

Full story and resource links here...
http://sq1.us/thread/1460/baton-louisiana-she...

“A little shake...”

Level 9

A Little Tingle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm touched by your totally irrelevant tangent...

"This is taught to every American in 6th grade history class.
Further every European in every European country is taught this."

WTFC? LOL!

“A little shake...”

Level 9

A Little Tingle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
And what's your point? USM made an interesting observation in the context of the subject being discussed.
You apparently had no intelligent comment, but are here just to aggravate and provoke. I'm certain USM has far more formal education than you, troll.
That's a safe bet..!
Put me down for 2 bucks.

“A little shake...”

Level 9

A Little Tingle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sh!t, I don't know, I wasn't there. But a jury of one's piers doesn't guarantee anything. Only racist bigots point to ethnicity when their preconceived verdicts don't pan out. Run, O.J.!
"Only racist bigots point to ethnicity when their preconceived verdicts don't pan out. Run, O.J.! "

You're knocking at the wrong building... run for the Zoloft.

Quick!

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Only racist bigots point to ethnicity when their preconceived verdicts don't pan out. Run, O.J.! "
You're knocking at the wrong building... run for the Zoloft.
Quick!
That's how it works. You've been medicated since adolescence. First Ritalin, then a successive stream of various mind-benders with obvious results. Throw in some THC and you've got the modern liberal sycophant. You've all been pharmaceutically conditioned and appropriately indoctrinated. Think it's unintentional, Obot?

Level 9

Forum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how it works. You've been medicated since adolescence. First Ritalin, then a successive stream of various mind-benders with obvious results. Throw in some THC and you've got the modern liberal sycophant. You've all been pharmaceutically conditioned and appropriately indoctrinated. Think it's unintentional, Obot?
Bullchit.

Are you on drugs?

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

(Video) Same-sex couple fights to have marriage recognized in Ohio

Here's the deal...

Two men have been together for 20 years when they find out one of them is dying.

They want to be legally married before he dies, but their home state of Ohio doesn't recognize same-sex marriage, so they go to Maryland and get hitched.

They buy burial plots back in Ohio only to learn that because Ohio doesn't recognize their marriage they won't be allowed to be buried side by side in the cemetery which is for married couples.

A Federal Judge has ruled that Ohio must recognize their marriage as valid, but the state is appealing the decision.

Watch the video interview here...
http://sq1.us/thread/1465/same-couple-fights-...

Level 9

Forum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

There's a rumor afloat this thread was removed. Just checking. LOL!

The POS is whining again.

Level 9

Forum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Ahhhh, so it's true. It's active but gone underground.

Poor baby. Couldn't stand the competition I guess.

Hahhahhah!

Welcome to the underworld.

Level 9

Forum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh looky, POS is still reading here. LOL!

Level 9

Forum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Judged:

Oh looky, POS is still reading here and clicking the judge its. LMAO!

What a big baby.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••