A new thread not Created by POS or an...

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#2223 Jul 18, 2013
Trayvon Martin Parents, Sybrina Fulton And Tracy Martin, Speak Out For First Time Since Zimmerman Verdict (VIDEO)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/tray...

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#2224 Jul 18, 2013
Zimmerman Jurors Treated to Pedicures, Bowling
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerm...
$33,000 was spent in sequestering the jury of six women who acquitted George Zimmerman.

Level 6

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2225 Jul 18, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Go figure that mental incompetence would be claimed.
This one really made my jaw drop. There's something terribly wrong with Florida and the rest of the racist states in this country.
Fla. mom gets 20 years for firing warning shots
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville, Fla., received a 20-years prison sentence, Friday, May 11, 2012, for firing warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband. The judge rejected a defense under
Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law.
Updated on July 15, 2013 to reflect more of the testimony and aftermath of the case.
(CBS News) JACKSONVILLE, Fla.- A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.
CBS Affiliate WETV reports that Circuit Court Judge James Daniel handed down the sentence Friday.
Under Florida's mandatory minimum sentencing requirements Alexander couldn't receive a lesser sentence, even though she has never been in trouble with the law before. Judge Daniel said the law did not allow for extenuating or mitigating circumstances to reduce the sentence below the 20-year minimum.
"I really was crying in there," Marissa Alexander's 11-year-old daughter told WETV. "I didn't want to cry in court, but I just really feel hurt. I don't think this should have been happening."
Alexander was convicted of attempted murder after she rejected a plea deal for a three-year prison sentence. She said she did not believe she did anything wrong.
She was recently denied a new trial after appealing to the judge to reconsider her case based on Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law. The law states that the victim of a crime does not have to attempt to run for safety and can immediately retaliate in self-defense.
Alexander's attorney said she was clearly defending herself and should not have to spend the next two decades behind bars.
Alexander's case has drawn support from domestic abuse advocates - and comparison to the case of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who has claimed self-defense in his fatal shooting of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57433184/...
"Alexander's case was prosecuted by Angela Corey, the Florida State's Attorney who is also prosecuting George Zimmerman."

If I wrote what I really thought should be done with that sh*t-pile of a prosecutor I would end up in jail myself.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2226 Jul 18, 2013
NSA affair: Ex-President Carter condemned U.S. snooping

"America has no functioning democracy," Carter said Tuesday...

... "I think the invasion of privacy has gone too far," Carter told CNN.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/nsa-aff...

http://translate.google.com/translate...

Former Vice President Al Gore has said the NSA spy program is "clearly unconstitutional".

Level 6

Location hidden

#2227 Jul 18, 2013
NSA admits to spying on more people than previously thought

...NSA analysts can perform "a second or third hop query,” Inglis admitted during questioning.

Although powers vested in the US through the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act forbid it from specifically targeting Americans, lawmakers critical of the program have cautioned that the personal data of too many US citizens are regularly swept up as government officials attempt to connect-the-dots using telephone and Internet metadata. By investigating persons within a third degree of separation and not just two, authorities broaden their probes by putting records from potentially millions of more persons, American and otherwise, into their hands.

Weighing in after the revelation, the Guardian’s Ackerman authored a new piece exploring just how extensive these powers really are.

“A three-hop query means that the NSA can look at data not only from a suspected terrorist, but from everyone that suspect communicated with, and then from everyone those people communicated with, and then from everyone all of those people communicated with,” Ackerman wrote.

“Do the math,” tweeted Cato Institute research fellow and author Julian Sanchez.“Your whole contact list. All their contact lists. All THOSE people's contact lists. That's a LOOOT of people.”

http://rt.com/usa/nsa-inglis-three-hops-272/

In other words, if you know a person the knows a person that knows a person that has somehow caught the attention of the NSA...you've been investigated.

“for whom the bell tolls”

Level 6

Since: Dec 10

fate is the hunter

#2228 Jul 18, 2013
===THE STORY IN YOUR EYES===

http://youtu.be/xTVKB_Ew2lY

THE MOODY BLUES
Lyrics=HD

Level 8

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2229 Jul 18, 2013
Jaxxon wrote:
NSA admits to spying on more people than previously thought
...NSA analysts can perform "a second or third hop query,” Inglis admitted during questioning.
Although powers vested in the US through the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act forbid it from specifically targeting Americans, lawmakers critical of the program have cautioned that the personal data of too many US citizens are regularly swept up as government officials attempt to connect-the-dots using telephone and Internet metadata. By investigating persons within a third degree of separation and not just two, authorities broaden their probes by putting records from potentially millions of more persons, American and otherwise, into their hands.
Weighing in after the revelation, the Guardian’s Ackerman authored a new piece exploring just how extensive these powers really are.
“A three-hop query means that the NSA can look at data not only from a suspected terrorist, but from everyone that suspect communicated with, and then from everyone those people communicated with, and then from everyone all of those people communicated with,” Ackerman wrote.
“Do the math,” tweeted Cato Institute research fellow and author Julian Sanchez.“Your whole contact list. All their contact lists. All THOSE people's contact lists. That's a LOOOT of people.”
http://rt.com/usa/nsa-inglis-three-hops-272/
In other words, if you know a person the knows a person that knows a person that has somehow caught the attention of the NSA...you've been investigated.
Obama is a dick for reauthorizing the Bush/Cheney patriot act. All that metadata is sitting there in the hands of private security contractors who are more than happy to use it against their competitors and or the competitors of of the highest bidder.

Say you run a company like, say,... Halliburton. and lets say you are hoping to get a billion dollar contract award from Uncle Sugar. Now let's pretend that there is a start up business vying for that same government contract. OK, how could a large, well established corporation like Halliburton get a foot up on their competitor?

Perhaps that giant corporation could just talk to one of it's subsidiary companies with a contract with the NSA to provide private intelligence analysts and have that company pull the metadata on it's rival, analyze that data, find it's rivals weaknesses and destroy all competition in it's way and there would be nothing anyone could do about it because it wasn't the government that did it and as far as the law is concerned, that metadata never even existed.

Hey! But your not a terrorist so why even worry about privacy? Right?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#2230 Jul 19, 2013
-Dont Panic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is a dick for reauthorizing the Bush/Cheney patriot act. All that metadata is sitting there in the hands of private security contractors who are more than happy to use it against their competitors and or the competitors of of the highest bidder.
Say you run a company like, say,... Halliburton. and lets say you are hoping to get a billion dollar contract award from Uncle Sugar. Now let's pretend that there is a start up business vying for that same government contract. OK, how could a large, well established corporation like Halliburton get a foot up on their competitor?
Perhaps that giant corporation could just talk to one of it's subsidiary companies with a contract with the NSA to provide private intelligence analysts and have that company pull the metadata on it's rival, analyze that data, find it's rivals weaknesses and destroy all competition in it's way and there would be nothing anyone could do about it because it wasn't the government that did it and as far as the law is concerned, that metadata never even existed.
Hey! But your not a terrorist so why even worry about privacy? Right?
You make a good point I have to admit. Competition is not a part of the mantra of a communist agenda.

“and I don't care....”

Level 7

Since: Oct 11

The Burbs, USA

#2231 Jul 19, 2013
L E T - M E - B E

http://youtu.be/X5czjBBBRas

PF SLOAN

Level 6

Location hidden

#2232 Jul 19, 2013
jimmy krack korn wrote:
L E T - M E - B E
http://youtu.be/X5czjBBBRas
PF SLOAN
P. F. Sloan : Secret Agent Man
http://youtu.be/dnvwh_gbOIU

Level 6

Location hidden

#2233 Jul 19, 2013
Colorado town may start iuig permits to shoot down government drones.

FAA is not amused.

----------

FAA warns public against shooting guns at drones

...Under the proposed ordinance, Deer Trail would grant hunting permits to shoot drones. The permits would cost $25 each. The town would also encourage drone hunting by awarding $100 to anyone who presents a valid hunting license and identifiable pieces of a drone that has been shot down.

Deer Trail resident Phillip Steel, 48, author of the proposal, said in an interview that he has 28 signatures on a petition — roughly 10 percent of the town's registered voters. Under Colorado law, that requires local officials to formally consider the proposal at a meeting next month, he said. Town officials would then have the option of adopting the ordinance or putting it on the ballot in an election this fall, he said...

http://news.yahoo.com/faa-warns-public-agains...

Level 6

Location hidden

#2234 Jul 19, 2013
issuing...time for a new keyboard.

:)

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#2235 Jul 19, 2013
Trayvon Martin Parents, Sybrina Fulton And Tracy Martin, Speak Out For First Time Since Zimmerman Verdict (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/tray...
Hypothetically speaking: As a stranger, would you feel safer walking through a white neighborhood in Florida wearing a hoodie, or a black one, in Chicago?

“this gun for hire”

Level 7

Since: Jan 09

Sunset Beach

#2236 Jul 19, 2013
"The Stranger"

http://youtu.be/3JussqDv0ZA
Billy Joel
takechancevideos-lyrics

“Working Class Dog”

Level 6

Since: Oct 08

Hells Kitchen

#2237 Jul 19, 2013
"I'm Coming Home"

http://youtu.be/ijIjuDOCwtM
Mel Torme

Level 9

Concord, CA

#2238 Jul 19, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypothetically speaking: As a stranger, would you feel safer walking through a white neighborhood in Florida wearing a hoodie, or a black one, in Chicago?
Ludicrous question and smacks of race-baiting to me.

But I'll bite. It's fun indulging the inane now and then.

I wouldn't be caught dead or alive anywhere in Florida for one thing, but wearing a hoodie has nothing to do with feeling safe anywhere. I also wouldn't be stupid enough to walk anywhere alone at night regardless of the demographics.

I grew up in Los Angeles and lived in Oakland for ten years. I know how to walk in a variety of neighborhoods without endangering myself.

First rule: Walk with a purpose and look straight ahead.

Second rule: Mind your own business and no one will get into yours.

Third rule: Don't ask stupid questions.

“Amor patriae.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#2239 Jul 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Ludicrous question and smacks of race-baiting to me.
But I'll bite. It's fun indulging the inane now and then.
I wouldn't be caught dead or alive anywhere in Florida for one thing, but wearing a hoodie has nothing to do with feeling safe anywhere. I also wouldn't be stupid enough to walk anywhere alone at night regardless of the demographics.
I grew up in Los Angeles and lived in Oakland for ten years. I know how to walk in a variety of neighborhoods without endangering myself.
First rule: Walk with a purpose and look straight ahead.
Second rule: Mind your own business and no one will get into yours.
Third rule: Don't ask stupid questions.
LOL. Exactly as I thought. You're nothing but a puffed up bag of hot smelly air. Your circumnavigation of the question proves you distrust blacks in hoodies as much as Zimmerman did - probably more.
Admit the obvious, the only reason Martin's death made headlines is because another black didn't kill him. There's no sensationalism or political advantage to be gained in everyday occurrences. In the 16 days of Zim's trial, 32 victims died in Chicago alone.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#2240 Jul 19, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Exactly as I thought. You're nothing but a puffed up bag of hot smelly air. Your circumnavigation of the question proves you distrust blacks in hoodies as much as Zimmerman did - probably more.
Admit the obvious, the only reason Martin's death made headlines is because another black didn't kill him. There's no sensationalism or political advantage to be gained in everyday occurrences. In the 16 days of Zim's trial, 32 victims died in Chicago alone.
It was a stupid question, but I did answer your race-baiting instigation.

I do not "distrust blacks in hoodies," and I don't mistrust ANYONE in hoodies. It's just a piece of clothing, so your accusation is a lie, you bloviating blowhard.

I will admit to NOTHING that I don't believe to be the truth.

The case made headlines for several reasons, but the most important one was that an unarmed teenage boy was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer who claimed it was "self-defense."

It's you hateful fright-wingers who keep pushing the race issue, and you enjoy it. But racism still exists in this country, and George Zimmerman may or not have profiled Trayvon Martin because he was black. I believe he did subconsciously and as a knee-jerk reaction to a young black male he claimed looked "suspicious." Zimmerman's motives are by no means squeaky clean like you want to believe.

It's a discussion that's not going away, and if Trayvon Martin's death means it comes for the forefront then he didn't die in vain, and you bigots won't be able to brush this under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist anymore.

Buzz off. You're annoying and ignorant.

Level 9

Concord, CA

#2241 Jul 19, 2013
Come out, chickenchit POSITRONIUM. I know you're lurking.

LMAO!

Level 6

Location hidden

#2243 Jul 19, 2013
Come out, chickenchit POSITRONIUM. I know you're lurking.
LMAO!
We could make it a coming out party.

Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
http://youtu.be/F-mjl63e0ms

I've hosted a few of those.

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Only mass deportation can save America 8 min Tinka 114
News Rural America Braces for Labor Shortages After ... 1 hr Retribution 44
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 1 hr Retribution 59
The WTH? Files (Sep '10) 1 hr Tinka 1,207
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 2 hr Katrina 1,328
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 2 hr Katrina 9,644
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 3 hr D Valens 147,174
More from around the web