Will continue to think of themselves ...

Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

There are 412 comments on the WGMZ-FM Gadsden story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally. In it, WGMZ-FM Gadsden reports that:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGMZ-FM Gadsden.

Frito Bandito

San Diego, CA

#173 Feb 11, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember that,but I don't care because you refuse to back up your threats.
It's convenient "not to remember." I wonder what excuse or lie you'll come up with when you don't show up.
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#174 Feb 11, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You are both a coward and a moocher. Coward would be an upgrade.
and you're an anchor baby trying to pass as someone who's family been here for hundreds of years ,you once told me your family has been here for 7 generations,but to make yourself feel superior you told "magdala" that your family has been here the last 16 generations,that's so pathetic
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#175 Feb 11, 2013
Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
It's convenient "not to remember." I wonder what excuse or lie you'll come up with when you don't show up.
like when you told me you would show up once I picked a school yard ?well I did and you're not here,keep tap dancing
Frito Bandito

San Diego, CA

#176 Feb 11, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>and you're an anchor baby trying to pass as someone who's family been here for hundreds of years ,you once told me your family has been here for 7 generations,but to make yourself feel superior you told "magdala" that your family has been here the last 16 generations,that's so pathetic
Why should that be an issue, when yours just got off the boat?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#177 Feb 11, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>and you're an anchor baby trying to pass as someone who's family been here for hundreds of years ,you once told me your family has been here for 7 generations,but to make yourself feel superior you told "magdala" that your family has been here the last 16 generations,that's so pathetic
Why do you just make stuff up? Is that a Puerto Rican thing or are you just dishonest?
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#178 Feb 11, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you just make stuff up? Is that a Puerto Rican thing or are you just dishonest?
its the truth,admit the fact that you add sh!t to your post to make yourself fell special,anchor babies go above and beyond with the lies on these forum's
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#179 Feb 11, 2013
Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
what boat?I was born in new York and people from that island get here VIA airplane,jealous much?
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#180 Feb 12, 2013
Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it up now Dumbazz! Your Tough guy persona is old and very funny by now.
Level 6

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#181 Feb 12, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
thats not true if i have the opportunity to become a citizen of this great country i will be more than happy to doit
"A 2009 Pew Hispanic Center report found that over half of Latinos living in the U.S., between the ages of 16 and 25 identify their nationality by their family’s country of origin. 20 percent of those surveyed identified themselves simply as Hispanic or Latino, while less than 20 percent call themselves “American.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-this-pizza...
Level 6

Houston, TX

#182 Feb 12, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that. Pay taxes,contribute to the economy and stay as far away from welfare/social services as possible.
Yeah sure, Fifty-seven percent of Mexican immigrants on welfare. You think that's going to stop if given citizenship that says they can have more?

"An average fewer than 23 percent of native households use some type of “welfare” which is specifically defined in the study. 36 percent of households headed by immigrants use some type of welfare. Families headed by immigrants from specific countries or areas of the world range from just over 6 percent for those immigrants from Great Britain to more than 57 percent of those from Mexico using some type of welfare."

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-seven-p...
Level 6

Houston, TX

#183 Feb 12, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
<quoted text> ... i.pay taxes and i work 14 hours every day 6 days a week i will love to buy a house but with not social secure number o green card shit is difficult...... and why not open my own business one day all i want is an opportunity to be part of this great nation
It's against federal law for illegal aliens to work in this country. You skipped over that part.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#184 Feb 12, 2013
Magadala wrote:
“The number one reason cited is language barriers,” researcher Mark Lopez said.“Many of them are not English proficient.”
He also stated that the $680 cost was a barrier as well!
Translation: We have been innundated by mexico's peasants!!! The bottom feeders of their nation! America does not need more ignorant poor people!!!!
Many of their US born children can not speak English by school time.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#185 Feb 12, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trying, something will give,people will listen as long as your going about things the right way. You will encounter obstacles, but the main thing is to never give up,keep fighting.
Why don't these people put this much effort in their countries and maybe they wouldn't have to flee them.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#186 Feb 12, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
<quoted text> hhahah thats funny you and immigrant too or you parents where because i am pretty sure you are not an native american
Anyone born here is a native American.

Hop on a plane and go to Japan, when customs asks for your passport tell them Americans are illegal aliens in America and you should be allowed into their country. They will kick you out so fast that you'll knock yourself down coming in.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#187 Feb 12, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were certainly some pointed questions you had for the poster. Inappropriate and based on your own prejudices, but pointed never the less.
Here is a question for you. What did you do to earn your US citizenship? Please describe your naturalization process in detail. We would all like to hear how you did it.
I would like to know why these illegal aliens can't not create a government that works? They are all of the same race and speak the same language yet fail at putting together a system that works. They talk about how they are all about taking care of the family but in the end it never works out. Millions flee their system. They bring that same corrupt culture here and think it will work. It does not.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#188 Feb 12, 2013
Juan wrote:
The majority of us come here for a better life for ourselves and families.
We don't care!!!
Level 6

Houston, TX

#189 Feb 12, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
"They can't even talk proper English !!!!"
I like that. You do not see enough irony in political discourse. I appreciate somebody who intentionally uses terrible English while commenting on other people's ability to speak the language. It is positively Dylanesque.
I am puzzled by your comments about "my tax dollars going to the illegals attending the University I decided to attend".
What does that mean? As you know unless they are living in a tent somewhere illegal immigrants are paying the same property and school taxes as everybody else. They either pay it directly or through their landlord. Do you really think they should be required to pay these taxes, but still be denied an education? If that is the case then all you are really doing is asking them to subsidize you.
It's illegal for them to be working in this country and to have any taxes to pay.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#190 Feb 12, 2013
AFriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's concentrate on the fact that welcoming in the 11 to 12 million illegal immigrants that are already working here (after background checks and deportation of criminals) will add taxpayers, social security payers, and consumers to the American economy. Wake up and smell the roses instead of trying to stir garbage.
57% of those illegal alien Mexican Indians will go on welfare, collect unemployment, medicare, medicaid and SS. Since most have very little education and low wage jobs many will be open to receive all types of benefits.

Fifty-seven percent of Mexican immigrants on welfare. Do you think that will increase or decrease?

http://www.examiner.com/article/fifty-seven-p...
Level 6

Houston, TX

#192 Feb 12, 2013
illegal alien wrote:
All the americans are scared, all the jobs will be taken by illegal immigrant. Bacause they just want easy job, not hard job. But they want to get pay good.
Illegal aliens don't assimilate, that's why 58% of illegal alien Mexican Indians live in California and Texas.
Level 6

Houston, TX

#193 Feb 12, 2013
Luis b wrote:
Im an undocumented immigrant and I love this country so so much. But my life is miserable without documents even though I'm intelligent. However I'm really just asking please for a permanent legal status even if it doesn't include a citizenship. I just wanna be able to work, make my dreams come true and come our of these dark and painful shadows. I already pay my taxes even though I'm illegal and never asked for welfare or food stamps. I don't even want any special benefits just a way to work here legally
Try somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 10 min positronium 7,128
News Nixon went to China, Trump went for 'amnesty' 42 min totallydisgusted 9
News Trump Administration Sides With Texas on Sanctu... 59 min tomin cali 2
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 1 hr Valerie 146,165
News Trump election-fraud official running for Kansa... 1 hr Valerie 26
News Ann Coulter's Anti-Semitism Runs Deep (May '16) 1 hr Valerie 312
News Only mass deportation can save America 3 hr tomin cali 41
More from around the web