Will continue to think of themselves ...

Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

There are 412 comments on the WGMZ-FM Gadsden story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally. In it, WGMZ-FM Gadsden reports that:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGMZ-FM Gadsden.

FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#106 Feb 8, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I just wonder why such a fierce patriot as yourself does not go home and fight for independence.
Oh that's right. If you did the gravy train would be over. It is remarkable that you come from an island that is exempt from paying any federal taxes yet receives over $25B a year in handouts for the US government. Can you say "welfare state"? The best part is that you still get to call yourself a citizen even though nobody in the US considers you to be an American.
In the Hispanic world you have hit the jackpot with your back door citizenship. Why so bitter?
http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/25/puerto-rica...
He does the same thing to me. His favorite is calling anyone that disagrees with him an "anchor baby." Therefore, it's nothing to take serious. Another is stating that he somehow "got under your skin." I can see maybe if had some effective writing skills, but not a chance....
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#107 Feb 8, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>my people have fought in every single American war In the last 120 years and did it for pride and not citizenship,I think that would qualify us as Americans,not to mention the fact that they just voted to become a state because they want to pay taxes and do thier part,so you need to do a bit more research before you open your mouth. Oh and by the way,the first line of your rant is more than enough proof that you're a pissed off anchor baby,why in gods name would anybody want to Cut ties with the greatest nation in human history?gaining independence from Spain didn't turn out so well for your precious mexihole,ha memo?
Hey stupid, most didn't just join up for "pride." Most saw it as a career and away out their wretched economic conditions. The Island was always notorious for not being a good provider of jobs and the like.

... and that crap about "they wanting to pay taxes" couldn't be more from the truth. Nobody likes paying taxes.
tex mex

Baton Rouge, LA

#108 Feb 9, 2013
Luis b wrote:
Im an undocumented immigrant and I love this country so so much. But my life is miserable without documents even though I'm intelligent. However I'm really just asking please for a permanent legal status even if it doesn't include a citizenship. I just wanna be able to work, make my dreams come true and come our of these dark and painful shadows. I already pay my taxes even though I'm illegal and never asked for welfare or food stamps. I don't even want any special benefits just a way to work

here legally
i wish every one would think like u do then it wouldnt be a problem!
tex mex

Baton Rouge, LA

#109 Feb 9, 2013
barnes wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way when you pay tax using an idtax number no matter you have how many kids u cant get tax credit ..check with your accountant .what ever you pay tax,thats what you pay.unless you have ssn like we are..
well its an itin# and like i said every one i know that does this doesnt pay federal taxes at all. but every tax season they get money back. i know a guy who got 12000 when he filed his last 3 yrs. so that 4000 a yr i am not making this up,but oh well if u dont believe it
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#110 Feb 9, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
I know why Puerto Rico does not want to cut ties with the gravy train, but there is nothing in it for us. After the Spanish American War it was considered to be a militarily strategic location, but then after the invention of airplanes and radar that became moot.
Vieques was a useful bombing range because we certainly did not want to use anywhere in the US for target practice, but now even that is useless.
Nobody really cares about a nonbinding referendum. They have similar votes every couple of years. Nobody even knows what it means anyway. In the same election 54% of people voted to end Commonwealth status and 480,000 abstained from even voting on the statehood question.
It is pretty clear what would happen to Puerto Rico if Americans were allowed to vote on their status.
say what you want anchor baby,but Puerto Rico did vote to become a state,which makes you look like a complete idiot for saying that they don't want to do thier part and if you think Americans would vote Puerto Rico out,just imagine what would happen if they took a vote on giving your parents amnesty?I bet you anything your precious polls wouldn't match the results,lmao
petro

El Paso, TX

#113 Feb 9, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid, most didn't just join up for "pride." Most saw it as a career and away out their wretched economic conditions. The Island was always notorious for not being a good provider of jobs and the like.
... and that crap about "they wanting to pay taxes" couldn't be more from the truth. Nobody likes paying taxes.
"Nobody likes paying taxes" you say? CORRECTION...LOSER, I don't mine paying my taxes, it is a patriotic citizen's obligation to benefit OUR OWN CITIZENS when in dire need or old age and to STRENGTHEN OUR COUNTRY (MILITARILY) from aggressive nations, who consider FREEDOM as being evil. I will gladly pay my taxes to live as I please in this magnificent country.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#114 Feb 9, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>say what you want anchor baby,but Puerto Rico did vote to become a state,which makes you look like a complete idiot for saying that they don't want to do thier part and if you think Americans would vote Puerto Rico out,just imagine what would happen if they took a vote on giving your parents amnesty?I bet you anything your precious polls wouldn't match the results,lmao
Do they even teach math in Puerto Rico?

For the first question on the referendum 54% of people voted to end the Commonwealth status.

the second question was about statehood. 480,000 out of 800,000 people who turned out at the polls did not even vote on that question. So that means only 40% of people who went to the polls even bothered to cast a vote. Who cares that 61% of those 40% voted for statehood. That means that only 24% of people who voted cast a ballot in favor of statehood.

They like the gravy train. Americans on the other hand do not.

Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#115 Feb 9, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they even teach math in Puerto Rico?
For the first question on the referendum 54% of people voted to end the Commonwealth status.
the second question was about statehood. 480,000 out of 800,000 people who turned out at the polls did not even vote on that question. So that means only 40% of people who went to the polls even bothered to cast a vote. Who cares that 61% of those 40% voted for statehood. That means that only 24% of people who voted cast a ballot in favor of statehood.
They like the gravy train. Americans on the other hand do not.
We can make the same argument about the presidential election,but the fact remains Obama is still president,memo just accept the fact that amnesty won't happen and your parents are screwed.
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#116 Feb 9, 2013
petro wrote:
<quoted text> "Nobody likes paying taxes" you say? CORRECTION...LOSER, I don't mine paying my taxes, it is a patriotic citizen's obligation to benefit OUR OWN CITIZENS when in dire need or old age and to STRENGTHEN OUR COUNTRY (MILITARILY) from aggressive nations, who consider FREEDOM as being evil. I will gladly pay my taxes to live as I please in this magnificent country.
memo and frito will make up any nonsense when stumped,prepare for the you're a bigot/racist remarks
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#117 Feb 9, 2013
petro wrote:
<quoted text> "Nobody likes paying taxes" you say? CORRECTION...LOSER, I don't mine paying my taxes, it is a patriotic citizen's obligation to benefit OUR OWN CITIZENS when in dire need or old age and to STRENGTHEN OUR COUNTRY (MILITARILY) from aggressive nations, who consider FREEDOM as being evil. I will gladly pay my taxes to live as I please in this magnificent country.
Then you're an aberration. If that's true, then why do both parties campaign for tax cuts in exchange for votes?
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#118 Feb 9, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>memo and frito will make up any nonsense when stumped,prepare for the you're a bigot/racist remarks
Hard facts are not part of your brain diet, are they?
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#120 Feb 9, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard facts are not part of your brain diet, are they?
what hard facts?that amnesty won't pass? That anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot/racist in your mind?
Nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#121 Feb 9, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you're an aberration. If that's true, then why do both parties campaign for tax cuts in exchange for votes?
that dosent mean people don't want to pay taxes,isn't this one of your main arguments for amnesty?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#122 Feb 9, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>that dosent mean people don't want to pay taxes,isn't this one of your main arguments for amnesty?
Most Americans don't want to pay taxes without representation. The super wealthy will try anything they can and use every loophole available to avoid paying taxes. I don't want to pay higher taxes so government workers make more money than I do. I don't want to pay higher taxes for the illegal aliens. I can go on and on about paying taxes.
ima

El Paso, TX

#123 Feb 9, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask them? I'm not campaigning for ANY votes. But as a citizen I want to pay my share as I feel living in THE SAFETY of my country is WORTH IT.
Quirky The Eye

Brighton, CO

#124 Feb 9, 2013
FritoBandito wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU .. Scum Ball You have no View on things. Just your La Raza BS! STFU!
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#125 Feb 9, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>what hard facts?that amnesty won't pass? That anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot/racist in your mind?
Memo and myself just hit you with facts about your people and your Island and you're still in denial. That speaks volumes.... and when anyone disagrees with you, then automatically become an anchor baby. You desperately toss out labels to cover for your ineptness.
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#126 Feb 9, 2013
Nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>that dosent mean people don't want to pay taxes,isn't this one of your main arguments for amnesty?
Most in the Republican arena don't....
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#127 Feb 9, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans don't want to pay taxes without representation. The super wealthy will try anything they can and use every loophole available to avoid paying taxes. I don't want to pay higher taxes so government workers make more money than I do. I don't want to pay higher taxes for the illegal aliens. I can go on and on about paying taxes.
You finally said something that makes sense.
FritoBandito

San Diego, CA

#128 Feb 9, 2013
ima wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you ask them? I'm not campaigning for ANY votes. But as a citizen I want to pay my share as I feel living in THE SAFETY of my country is WORTH IT.
... and the drain on your wallet as it goes to pork projects, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News For Obama, setbacks from a divided Supreme Court 7 min Holy Guacamole 4
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 24 min Brian_G 9,768
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 43 min Hell N Stone 721
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 52 min Just Think 6,625
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 3,450
News Donald Trump accuses judge of having a conflict... 2 hr tina anne 288
News African-Americans should start voting for Repub... 2 hr Sara 273
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 7 hr johnny belinda 141,578
More from around the web