Will continue to think of themselves ...

Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

There are 412 comments on the WGMZ-FM Gadsden story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally. In it, WGMZ-FM Gadsden reports that:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGMZ-FM Gadsden.

Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#42 Feb 6, 2013
illegal alien wrote:
All the americans are scared, all the jobs will be taken by illegal immigrant. Bacause they just want easy job, not hard job. But they want to get pay good.
Actually once illegals are legalized and employers are forced to pay them and treat them fairly the employers will get rid of them and replace them with new illegals.
Youmama

Springfield, NJ

#43 Feb 6, 2013
No se puede wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect example of what we don't need or want here. Learn how to express yourself and learn some grammar you are embarrassing yourself. How far did you get in school? I bet you didn't get past the third grade. Para tu informacion, no se va poder. STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!! NO Amnesty!!!!!!
Woow no tengo duda que Tus parientes eran illegales y que tu eres un ignorante que vive del estado ya que la mayoria de los Americans de eso viven y juzgan alos Hispanos jajajaja American people make laugh
Y si realmente no necesitaran a la gente ignorante a como tu les llama no estuvieran aca pero como todo Es politica realmente estan aca ya que no ay ni un Americano en California que pueda hacer el trabajo del ignorante.
Chula

United States

#44 Feb 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
“The number one reason cited is language barriers,” researcher Mark Lopez said.“Many of them are not English proficient.”
He also stated that the $680 cost was a barrier as well!
Translation: We have been innundated by mexico's peasants!!! The bottom feeders of their nation! America does not need more ignorant poor people!!!!
No te agas pendeja!
Lucy

United States

#45 Feb 6, 2013
No se puede wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a perfect example of what we don't need or want here. Learn how to express yourself and learn some grammar you are embarrassing yourself. How far did you get in school? I bet you didn't get past the third grade. Para tu informacion, no se va poder. STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!! NO Amnesty!!!!!!
Wish!!!!!
texmex

Southfield, MI

#46 Feb 6, 2013
No se puede wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we can ,and yes we did!!united as Mexicans and Mexican Americans!You must be one of those anti teabaggers racist against your own people.con el nople en la carra.
texmex

Southfield, MI

#47 Feb 6, 2013
YES WE CAN!! YES WE DID IT!! UNITED WE STAND AND KEEP UP THE GOOD, FOR ALL OF THE GREAT SPIRITS HUMAN BEINGS.
Chula

United States

#48 Feb 6, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we can ,and yes we did!!united as Mexicans and Mexican Americans!You must be one of those anti teabaggers racist against your own people.con el nople en la carra.
yep ade ser mas mexicano ke uno pinches chopas burlandose de otros yq ni la chingan estos igual pa magadala de idiotas
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#49 Feb 6, 2013
This is not that interesting, but today Limbaugh was talking about an incident, regarding entitlement's and the National Debt. An illegal alien was stopped in a Department Store for stealing. When the cop's went through her purse, they found $800.00 dollar's cash. Several credit cards. And several hundred dollars in food stamp's. It hit me harder than usual. The idiot's in Washington simply don't have a clue what's happening out here in the real World. I'm sure that story is played out over and over again in every State in the Country, all the while the Obam, will not investigate the abuses of entitlement's and keeps borrowing and printing money. Our Children futures are simply pure chit. And the Pres. Doesn't get it what so ever.
tex mex

United States

#50 Feb 6, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>Yes we can ,and yes we did!!united as Mexicans and Mexican Americans!You must be one of those anti teabaggers racist against your own people.con el nople en la carra.
i would rather b a republican that believes in working for what i get, not on medecaid welfare or unemployment y se dice el nopal en la cara. i pay federal every week n ilegals pay zero u hear me zero, but some how they get a tax refund
Luis b

Leander, TX

#51 Feb 6, 2013
Im an undocumented immigrant and I love this country so so much. But my life is miserable without documents even though I'm intelligent. However I'm really just asking please for a permanent legal status even if it doesn't include a citizenship. I just wanna be able to work, make my dreams come true and come our of these dark and painful shadows. I already pay my taxes even though I'm illegal and never asked for welfare or food stamps. I don't even want any special benefits just a way to work here legally
Luis b

Leander, TX

#52 Feb 6, 2013
ronnie wrote:
This is not that interesting, but today Limbaugh was talking about an incident, regarding entitlement's and the National Debt. An illegal alien was stopped in a Department Store for stealing. When the cop's went through her purse, they found $800.00 dollar's cash. Several credit cards. And several hundred dollars in food stamp's. It hit me harder than usual. The idiot's in Washington simply don't have a clue what's happening out here in the real World. I'm sure that story is played out over and over again in every State in the Country, all the while the Obam, will not investigate the abuses of entitlement's and keeps borrowing and printing money. Our Children futures are simply pure chit. And the Pres. Doesn't get it what so ever.
Don't be ignorant!!! Thieves are everywhere and in every color, race or nation. Has nothing to do with big majority or good illegal people out there hard workers.
FilAm

United States

#53 Feb 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
I work in a major metro school district. There is a mexican guy at a school who I tried to have a dialogue with about illegal immigration. The conversation never got past a couple of sentences because he was compeletely convinced that MEXICAN WAS A RACE!!! NO KIDDING!!! HE IS ABOUT 50 YR OLD AND FIRMLY BELIEVES THIS!!!
P.S., HE IS A NATURALIZED AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!! Do we need more of this crap?
Oh, yeah, he only works with bilingual children...scary!
He believes mexican is a race, he drinks his own pee, probably thinks the world is flat, so what? Leave him alone and mind your own business!
Befree

San Jose, CA

#54 Feb 6, 2013
I love to read all of this postings, It is interesting to know how much hate there is between different races. It only makes me want to comment and defend my own race (Mexicans) but in the other hand I don't want to lower my standards because neither the white race or the brown race are right.
Befree

San Jose, CA

#55 Feb 6, 2013
FilAm wrote:
<quoted text>
He believes mexican is a race, he drinks his own pee, probably thinks the world is flat, so what? Leave him alone and mind your own business!
And how many languages do you speak you fat cow!
Dummy

United States

#56 Feb 6, 2013
tex mex wrote:
<quoted text>
i would rather b a republican that believes in working for what i get, not on medecaid welfare or unemployment y se dice el nopal en la cara. i pay federal every week n ilegals pay zero u hear me zero, but some how they get a tax refund
Hahaha you even understand the system everybody federal taxes even illegal ppl you idiot and they get a tax refund is because the country needs them to claim those taxes u idiot
ima

El Paso, TX

#57 Feb 6, 2013
No se puede wrote:
<quoted text>
right on, No se puede.....I agree 100%!
Mexica Nation

Indio, CA

#58 Feb 6, 2013
I was born here,my family has fought in Vietnam and in Desert storm.Even my [email protected] ex-wife is white.But as I look in the mirror, I am still Mexican.
ima

El Paso, TX

#59 Feb 6, 2013
Befree wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many languages do you speak you fat cow!
STOP! You are lowering your standards!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#60 Feb 6, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
"Lopez says the nearly $680 cost of going thought he citizenship process is also a barrier to many immigrants from Mexico."
Yet some of them pay coyotes thousands multiple times after having been ejected from this country multiple times. I am not buying into this charade.
I'm not buying your charade that every illegal pays thousands to a coyote either. You watch too much Nat Geo Border Wars.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#61 Feb 6, 2013
This header sounds like crap some hillbilly would say as they wave a confederate flag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Most Americans Oppose Trump's Positions On Immi... 13 min Quirky 6
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 19 min asd 8,004
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 25 min Tinka 142,271
News Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If... 36 min Wildchild 26
News CBS Host Refers To Illegal Aliens As 'Undocumen... 41 min Wildchild 2
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Patriot 10,947
News We Already Have a Deportation Force, Says FAIR 2 hr Wildchild 1
More from around the web