Will continue to think of themselves ...

Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

There are 412 comments on the WGMZ-FM Gadsden story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally. In it, WGMZ-FM Gadsden reports that:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGMZ-FM Gadsden.

nope to dope

Dallas, TX

#279 Mar 11, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is they do pay taxes and also get refunds,Here's a clue back to you, illegal or not they are still human beings and work hard for there money.
Here's a clue for you...illegal aliens are here illegally and human or not have NO legal authority to be here or work here and should be detected, detained, and deported as per our laws. The employers who hire them are also breaking the law and as such should be given the max sentences. Oh just for the record, it's "their" not "there" money.
Vera

Houston, TX

#283 Mar 11, 2013
Illegal or not there are here regardless of all the millions on border security give these people what they need so we know at least who there are !! Mexicans have always been here and will continue to be here !!!
Oldglory

Palm Springs, CA

#284 Mar 11, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>That's a bunch of BS, and you know it. The prices would go up very slightly, but what would actually happen is that remittances being sent home would dry up. So, who would be hurt the most...the families of illegals in the homeland. Stop with your lies and foolish propaganda, because the owners of the companies who utilize illegal workers never pass the savings onto the consumers...they pocket the profits.
All true and think of the savings of not having to pay for the birthing of their anchor babies and several years of welfare afterwards supporting them. Think of the less crowded schools, jails, hospitals and roads. We don't need illegals for anything. We have 23 million Americans out of work and. Americans would be back to work and at a fair wage. We would be able to communicate everywhere in English again.
Oldglory

Palm Springs, CA

#285 Mar 11, 2013
Vera wrote:
Illegal or not there are here regardless of all the millions on border security give these people what they need so we know at least who there are !! Mexicans have always been here and will continue to be here !!!
I have no problem with LEGAL Mexicans. They have no right to come here unless legally. I don't give a damn who they are they need to go back to Mexico where they belong! Our government hasn't secured our borders as well as they should have. Remove the incentives to remain here or to continue to come her such as jobs, benefits and birthright citizenship. The solution to illegal immigration is that easy.
Oldglory

Palm Springs, CA

#286 Mar 11, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is they do pay taxes and also get refunds,Here's a clue back to you, illegal or not they are still human beings and work hard for there money.
They don't pay enough taxes to cover their social costs, though. What does being human have to do with it? All lawbreakers are human but does that mean they shoulnd't pay for breaking the law? And here is a clue back to you. They have no right to be working in this country hard or otherwise. It's against the law!
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#287 Mar 11, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
All true and think of the savings of not having to pay for the birthing of their anchor babies and several years of welfare afterwards supporting them. Think of the less crowded schools, jails, hospitals and roads. We don't need illegals for anything. We have 23 million Americans out of work and. Americans would be back to work and at a fair wage. We would be able to communicate everywhere in English again.
Yes. Think of how much money the schools will lose when the mouth breathers finally figure out that undocumented workers pay the same school and property taxes as everybody else.

Yes less crowded roads. That means less people paying gasoline taxes.

Yes. Think of the 50 billion dollars a year that will be lost to Social Security from all of those pesky payroll taxes they collect from made-up Social Security numbers.

Yes. Think about how great it will be when our taxes go up to make up for the tax loses resulting from millions of taxpayers suddenly disappearing. 75% of undocumented workers pay income taxes, but don't worry about losing them. It turns out only 75% of large corporations the US pay taxes. They owe a lot more in back taxes than and landscaper does, but strangely nobody on topix has an issue with that.

Yes. Think of all the space we will have when millions of housing units are empty. Think of how great it will be when the housing market collapses again.

Yes life is certainly looking up for you. I hope you enjoy it when you no longer have busboys to blame your problems on.
Oldglory

Palm Springs, CA

#288 Mar 11, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Think of how much money the schools will lose when the mouth breathers finally figure out that undocumented workers pay the same school and property taxes as everybody else.
Yes less crowded roads. That means less people paying gasoline taxes.
Yes. Think of the 50 billion dollars a year that will be lost to Social Security from all of those pesky payroll taxes they collect from made-up Social Security numbers.
Yes. Think about how great it will be when our taxes go up to make up for the tax loses resulting from millions of taxpayers suddenly disappearing. 75% of undocumented workers pay income taxes, but don't worry about losing them. It turns out only 75% of large corporations the US pay taxes. They owe a lot more in back taxes than and landscaper does, but strangely nobody on topix has an issue with that.
Yes. Think of all the space we will have when millions of housing units are empty. Think of how great it will be when the housing market collapses again.
Yes life is certainly looking up for you. I hope you enjoy it when you no longer have busboys to blame your problems on.
You're so clueless that I am not even going to bother to address your lame remarks. Yep, every country should have open borders and no immigration laws. It just solves all of their economic problems and is so wonderful for the citizens of said countries. LOL! God help us if you are a citizen of this country.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#290 Mar 11, 2013
America gets a lot of its fruits and veggies from Mexico now . Just look in any produce dept . Do you think the price will go up ??? we'll just stop buying from mexico . mexico will starve!!!!!! Get it ?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#293 Mar 11, 2013
Tranquillity wrote:
<quoted text>
The schools will not “lose” any money, they simply will not get tax dollars to pay for the kids of illegals that are no longer there using the money. Huge savings!
Yes we will collect less in gas taxes but we will also need less are ware and tare repairs and road expansions for growing traffic. A wash.
Social Security will have fewer fraudulent claims to illegals to off set some of the money that is allegedly paid in and not collected. If it SS does lose money out of the deal we don’t care. We don’t want it funded by illegal gains of illegal aliens any more than we do drug dealers either. Whatever work the illegals were doing will now be done by a legal aliens, permanent residents or citizen so no money will be lost anyway. It likely will increase anyway because of increased wages.
Bogus argument on taxes going up. I already explained how we will be spending less on schools and we will also be saving on law enforcement and welfare. Our taxeswil not go down but the savings will be available to pay our debts.
Empty housing units. Yes, another savings on our section 8 housing. We will not need more expansion of it and our citizens will finally get out tax subsidized units that the illegals were using when they weren’t supposed to be here anyway. More tax savings.
Yes life is certainly will be looking up for Americans.
So you do not live in a reality based world. Good for you. Enjoy the tranquility
texmex

Southfield, MI

#294 Mar 12, 2013
Vera wrote:
Yes you are very right about that,I am proud to be Mexican American! They could built that fence as high as they want,Its really funny but I now they still will be coming over or under.I know and I love my people VIva Los Mexicanos!!Viva nuestra raza!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#295 Mar 12, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are very right about that,I am proud to be Mexican American! They could built that fence as high as they want,Its really funny but I now they still will be coming over or under.I know and I love my people VIva Los Mexicanos!!Viva nuestra raza!
HOw nice, you love people who disrespect Americans and disobey her laws. That's quite telling about the kind of "American" you happen to be. Gimme and take must be your mantra.
ima

El Paso, TX

#296 Mar 12, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so clueless that I am not even going to bother to address your lame remarks. Yep, every country should have open borders and no immigration laws. It just solves all of their economic problems and is so wonderful for the citizens of said countries. LOL! God help us if you are a citizen of this country.
More than likely he isn't or at best is an anchor. It's always a desperate inane mumble jumble that he/she lashes out.
Oldglory

Palm Springs, CA

#297 Mar 12, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>Yes you are very right about that,I am proud to be Mexican American! They could built that fence as high as they want,Its really funny but I now they still will be coming over or under.I know and I love my people VIva Los Mexicanos!!Viva nuestra raza!
If you are a proud Mexican-"American" then why would you want your country invaded by illegal aliens? Are you saying that the Mexican part of you is an ethnocentric, racist who thinks your ethnic group should be above "American" immigration laws? Aren't your fellow U.S. citizens your people and not Mexicans? Why don't you care about them and how this is negatively impacting them?
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#298 Mar 12, 2013
potter wrote:
I was reading the comments and felt frustrated how they humiliate person without documentations . The only difference between legal or illegal is only a small piece of paper or card. Very frustrating. These people are human being like us. They just want to make an honest living because they don't have that opportunity in their home countries.
The difference is not a piece of paper. The difference is that those who ask permission and enter legally are honest and those who sneak in or fail to leave when they promises to leave are criminals.
As for making an honest living that is obviously a lie. If they wanted to make an honest living then that is what they would have done. Instead they chose to be dishonest and live a criminal life. If they are humilliate because of what they have done it is because they should be. Obviously they are not that humilliated by what they have done or they would not continue to do it. There can be no forgiveness without repentance and those that are here illegally are not repentant but they demand forgiveness.
texmex

Southfield, MI

#301 Mar 12, 2013
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>HOw nice, you love people who disrespect Americans and disobey her laws. That's quite telling about the kind of "American" you happen to be. Gimme and take must be your mantra.
Wrong,I love all people of all race,I love the laws of my great Spirit those are the most important laws to me.At the end we all will be judged.
texmex

Southfield, MI

#302 Mar 12, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a proud Mexican-"American" then why would you want your country invaded by illegal aliens? Are you saying that the Mexican part of you is an ethnocentric, racist who thinks your ethnic group should be above "American" immigration laws? Aren't your fellow U.S. citizens your people and not Mexicans? Why don't you care about them and how this is negatively impacting them?
Like I said I am very proud to be Mexican American and happy to speak both language.I have family In Mexico and in the U.S.Illegal is just a word made up of hateful evil racist teabaggers, We are Indigenous people and very proud.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#304 Mar 12, 2013
Whenever I sell a car I get the persons address I have an extra set of keys i go and getthe car and driveit allover the place . I dont put in gas if I dont need to I dont pay nothing !!!!!! It so much fun!!! I bring it back with no gas. I also go to houses I have sold and enjoy their parties I pay nothing Im not even on the guest list . I no care sometimes they ask me to leave But it was my house ! just because i sold it dont mean I cant come . I leave before cops show up. I know understand why people get mad ???? Lots of food and drink I just want to party /"work" LOL! You no get it I HERE first!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!! BOO HOO!!!!!!!
ima

El Paso, TX

#305 Mar 12, 2013
texmex wrote:
I love all people (NOT JUST MY PEOPLE) from all countries THAT ARE...legally here.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#306 Mar 12, 2013
texmex wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said I am very proud to be Mexican American and happy to speak both language.I have family In Mexico and in the U.S.Illegal is just a word made up of hateful evil racist teabaggers, We are Indigenous people and very proud.
Perhaps we should call them what Mexico calls the peoples that invade its Southern border and run though Mexico to get to America and take jobs away from illegals from Mexico . What name would that be????
Vera

Houston, TX

#307 Mar 12, 2013
First if they take jobs from americans like you say well just maybe americans are not looking for work but lining up to unemployment !!! Second if Americans dont want illegals here get up from your couch and go to work that way employers wont have to hire illegals !!! But then again easy to blame illegals go figure !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 4 min Sharrp Shooter 16,617
News Senate Moderates To Pitch Leaders On Plan To En... 10 min Chilli J 92
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 16 min Lawrence Wolf 409
News Shutdown extends into workweek, as Senate talks... 18 min spocko 39
News 'Illegal alien' or 'undocumented immigrant'? U.... 21 min Concerned 25
News GOP committee blasts 'Schumer shutdown' as chai... 28 min Aspirin Between M... 123
News What will Republicans say to justify condoning ... 31 min youll shoot your ... 91
More from around the web