Will continue to think of themselves ...

Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

There are 412 comments on the WGMZ-FM Gadsden story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally. In it, WGMZ-FM Gadsden reports that:

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGMZ-FM Gadsden.

Vera

Houston, TX

#258 Mar 8, 2013
Race is a ethic background and there are good just as well as bad regardless from where they are from .Ignorance is the bottom line Reform let them work and tax is the only way !!
ima

El Paso, TX

#259 Mar 8, 2013
potter wrote:
I was reading the comments and felt frustrated how they humiliate person without documentations . The only difference between legal or illegal is only a small piece of paper or card. Very frustrating. These people are human being like us. They just want to make an honest living because they don't have that opportunity in their home countries.
Illegal is illegal, they started off on the wrong foot by ignoring and laughing at our immigration laws and trampling and trespassing RIGHT INTO US soil. But this isn't enough....they want to continue breaking and ignoring our laws we citizens are expected to abide by; buying or stealing social sec.#s to illegally obtain jobs, credit....driving without a license or insurance. The list goes on, from obtaining food stamps, help with utilities, and housing, etc...as for the opportunity THEY DON'T HAVE IN THEIR COUNTRY? is it my or your fault? this is no excuse to come charging into my country making it very hard for my fellow Americans to obtain any monetary help they may need after paying taxes all our lives FOR THE LACK OF FUNDS because the funds were depleted long time ago having been just handed out to these undesirables. And they still come in droves to GET THEIR SHARE OF THE AMERICAN DREAM, the irony and arrogance!
potter

San Francisco, CA

#260 Mar 8, 2013
I don't believe with all the reasons that they don't want undocs. If these undocs are Europeans I don't think they have a problem with these people.
Vera

Houston, TX

#261 Mar 8, 2013
They come to work and as for foodstamps americans get them you cant be a resident and get foodstamps unless they have a child born here in the US in which gives them the right just like americans but again no fault but government handing freebies to everyone including american, mexican etc taking advantage and then complain Reform , Tax and put fines in place and probationary periods and stop welfare all together !!!
potter

San Francisco, CA

#262 Mar 8, 2013
I hope that immigration reform will pass so these people will suffer no more humiliation. 'Good Luck'.
Vera

Houston, TX

#263 Mar 8, 2013
I hope so !!!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#265 Mar 10, 2013
The U. S. could not make it without undocumented workers. Produce would double in price, and houses would almost triple without us.
Vera

Houston, TX

#266 Mar 10, 2013
Very true juan !! Reform it will happen eventually
Juan

Pearland, TX

#267 Mar 10, 2013
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#268 Mar 10, 2013
Funny , They dont stay in the fields You know the jobs they love to do LOL!!!! just like you they steal higher jobs at a low wage the ceos and big shots make the real money while americans get stuck on unemployment which is a joke and doesnt pay the bills Jaun you make squat what an American worker used to make but your to dumb to earn
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#269 Mar 10, 2013
more,

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#270 Mar 10, 2013
As long as they did it 'by the numbers' and properly executed the paperwork and all that's required to be here legally, I don't care of they call themselves f*cking FRENCH.
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#271 Mar 10, 2013
Whats required to "BE" here is denounce you home country . If they still call themselves Mexicans they have not done that . Mexico still gives them Citizenship in Mexico while they are US citizens . You cant not be both most countries are this way . The United States is stupid !!!!!!!Mexicans dont want citizen ship They will take it if it means they can have a joband live here but their alligence is to Mexico Chinese and Japanese fly here just to have an american baby free of charge then fly home .
Vera

Houston, TX

#272 Mar 10, 2013
Bob do you stay in your hell hole ummm no they are people regardless and if they immigrants get jobs thats because of people like you real quick to comment ignorance when you could be working !!!!
bob

Phoenix, AZ

#273 Mar 10, 2013
HHHMM your not working ...... I have my own company . I dont hire illegals . Mexico is a hell hole ??? Who made it that way??? Why dont you go fix it ? Mexico needs you more then America ever will.
Vera

Houston, TX

#274 Mar 10, 2013
Exactly what I said sorry your so ignorant ! I can care less what you have or dont have !! You eat sleep and shit just like everyone so dont think your way up there because there will always be a time you will land on your ass !!!! Take care Bob !!'
ima

El Paso, TX

#275 Mar 10, 2013
Juan wrote:
The U. S. could not make it without undocumented workers. Produce would double in price, and houses would almost triple without us.
yea, yea, YEA!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#276 Mar 11, 2013
Juan wrote:
Ah, the musings of the topix prevaricator...we can do without them.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#277 Mar 11, 2013
Juan wrote:
That's a bunch of BS, and you know it. The prices would go up very slightly, but what would actually happen is that remittances being sent home would dry up. So, who would be hurt the most...the families of illegals in the homeland. Stop with your lies and foolish propaganda, because the owners of the companies who utilize illegal workers never pass the savings onto the consumers...they pocket the profits.
texmex

Southfield, MI

#278 Mar 11, 2013
spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, here's a clue for you, it's illegal for a illegal alien to work in this country to have any tax to pay. I guess you too just forgot about that little fact?
The fact is they do pay taxes and also get refunds,Here's a clue back to you, illegal or not they are still human beings and work hard for there money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? 2 min Rickster-- 1,161
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 4 min Freespirit8 144,587
News Profiling Islamophobes 12 min Cecil Rhodes 6
News Can I Criticize Islam Without Fearing For My Life? 13 min Beau Geste 7
News County to help Mexico educate immigrants on rights 31 min Franks and Beans 33
News Undocumented women, desperate to avoid ICE, are... 1 hr PayupSucka 29
News Reporter Goes Where Liberal Media Won't, Asks S... 2 hr wtFF0ol 29
More from around the web