Will continue to think of themselves as "Mexican' even after years in the U.S. legally

Feb 6, 2013 Full story: WGMZ-FM Gadsden 412

There has been a lot of talk lately about a 'path to citizenship' in the new immigration reform law, but a new study by the Pew Research Hispanic Center says most immigrants from Mexico, who make up the bulk of illegal immigrants, are not interested in becoming U.S. citizens.

Full Story
First Prev
of 21
Next Last
sisepuede

La Grange Park, IL

#1 Feb 6, 2013
thats not true if i have the opportunity to become a citizen of this great country i will be more than happy to doit
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
thats not true if i have the opportunity to become a citizen of this great country i will be more than happy to doit
I have no problem with that. Pay taxes,contribute to the economy and stay as far away from welfare/social services as possible.
sisepuede

La Grange Park, IL

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with that. Pay taxes,contribute to the economy and stay as far away from welfare/social services as possible.
... i.pay taxes and i work 14 hours every day 6 days a week i will love to buy a house but with not social secure number o green card shit is difficult...... and why not open my own business one day all i want is an opportunity to be part of this great nation

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 6, 2013
"Lopez says the nearly $680 cost of going thought he citizenship process is also a barrier to many immigrants from Mexico."

Yet some of them pay coyotes thousands multiple times after having been ejected from this country multiple times. I am not buying into this charade.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#5 Feb 6, 2013
“The number one reason cited is language barriers,” researcher Mark Lopez said.“Many of them are not English proficient.”

He also stated that the $680 cost was a barrier as well!
Translation: We have been innundated by mexico's peasants!!! The bottom feeders of their nation! America does not need more ignorant poor people!!!!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#7 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
<quoted text> ... i.pay taxes and i work 14 hours every day 6 days a week i will love to buy a house but with not social secure number o green card shit is difficult...... and why not open my own business one day all i want is an opportunity to be part of this great nation
I am sure you are sincere, however, we don't need you! You came here illegally, and suddenly you wear a white hat of only wanting to contribute while you have taken advantage of our system while you wait to do good?!!! Tell us honestly, how many ID's have you stolen while you have "innocently" worked 14 hrs, 6 days a week? Doesn't seem logical. Prove yourself! Go home, put your efforts into contructing a government in your home country that is to your liking. Good law abiding people are at home awaiting LEGAL permission to enter!

As the Buddha said, "How you do one thing is how you do everything!"

No offense, but we are full to the brim. Oh, and the owning your own business part, what we experience is that you have your business to hire others like you...
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
<quoted text> ... i.pay taxes and i work 14 hours every day 6 days a week i will love to buy a house but with not social secure number o green card shit is difficult...... and why not open my own business one day all i want is an opportunity to be part of this great nation
Keep trying, something will give,people will listen as long as your going about things the right way. You will encounter obstacles, but the main thing is to never give up,keep fighting.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#9 Feb 6, 2013
I work in a major metro school district. There is a mexican guy at a school who I tried to have a dialogue with about illegal immigration. The conversation never got past a couple of sentences because he was compeletely convinced that MEXICAN WAS A RACE!!! NO KIDDING!!! HE IS ABOUT 50 YR OLD AND FIRMLY BELIEVES THIS!!!

P.S., HE IS A NATURALIZED AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!! Do we need more of this crap?

Oh, yeah, he only works with bilingual children...scary!
sisepuede

La Grange Park, IL

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are sincere, however, we don't need you! You came here illegally, and suddenly you wear a white hat of only wanting to contribute while you have taken advantage of our system while you wait to do good?!!! Tell us honestly, how many ID's have you stolen while you have "innocently" worked 14 hrs, 6 days a week? Doesn't seem logical. Prove yourself! Go home, put your efforts into contructing a government in your home country that is to your liking. Good law abiding people are at home awaiting LEGAL permission to enter!
No offense, but we are full to the brim. Oh, and the owning your own business part, what we experience is that you have your business to hire others like you...
hhahah thats funny you and immigrant too or you parents where because i am pretty sure you are not an native american
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#11 Feb 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were certainly some pointed questions you had for the poster. Inappropriate and based on your own prejudices, but pointed never the less.

Here is a question for you. What did you do to earn your US citizenship? Please describe your naturalization process in detail. We would all like to hear how you did it.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
I work in a major metro school district. There is a mexican guy at a school who I tried to have a dialogue with about illegal immigration. The conversation never got past a couple of sentences because he was compeletely convinced that MEXICAN WAS A RACE!!! NO KIDDING!!! HE IS ABOUT 50 YR OLD AND FIRMLY BELIEVES THIS!!!
P.S., HE IS A NATURALIZED AMERICAN CITIZEN!!!! Do we need more of this crap?
Oh, yeah, he only works with bilingual children...scary!
This guy along with those who attempt to misinform the public with lies and deceit must be taken down. This is the problem we are encountering. Mexicans are full of lies and deceit. Our Universities are full of them.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
<quoted text> hhahah thats funny you and immigrant too or you parents where because i am pretty sure you are not an native american
Ha, but we are "Natural Born Citizens" meaning most of us were born in the United States of parents who are citizens.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#14 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
<quoted text> hhahah thats funny you and immigrant too or you parents where because i am pretty sure you are not an native american
No. Wrong call. I am truly an American who's direct lineage goes back 7 generations! I am also tri racial...including Native AND AA, so you can't say that my forefathers were immigrants! At least 2/3's of me was either brought here, or was already here!

Now let's nitpick your free use of the word immigrant as you illegal aliens so frequently do to justify your "cause." Immigrants are the ones who come here respecting our laws! We call people who don't, ILLEGAL ALIENS! You can't wash it off unless you leave!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#15 Feb 6, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy along with those who attempt to misinform the public with lies and deceit must be taken down. This is the problem we are encountering. Mexicans are full of lies and deceit. Our Universities are full of them.
Our universities can't be full of them when most don't even graduate from high school...mexicans, that is. lol
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#16 Feb 6, 2013
Suadela wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trying, something will give,people will listen as long as your going about things the right way. You will encounter obstacles, but the main thing is to never give up,keep fighting.
Yeah, keep fighting, but do it from you home base!

I don't care what you went through to get here! It in no way justifies your being here!!!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#17 Feb 6, 2013
The majority of us come here for a better life for ourselves and families.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#18 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
Then immigrate legally like an honest person.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#19 Feb 6, 2013
Juan wrote:
The majority of us come here for a better life for ourselves and families.
...and make a living hell for our lives. And you don't papy for itVamoose!
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 6, 2013
Magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Our universities can't be full of them when most don't even graduate from high school...mexicans, that is. lol
I was so full of hope,enthusiasm and the like til I saw my tuition bill(for last year)my tax dollars going to the illegals attending the University I decided to attend. There are Organization within these Universities which are trained to teach these illegals on how to work the system for Grants and more. They are there(but no one talks about it), they have settled into our Universities, and Illegals are many ! You would be surprised. They can't even talk proper English !!!!
No se puede

El Paso, TX

#21 Feb 6, 2013
sisepuede wrote:
You are a perfect example of what we don't need or want here. Learn how to express yourself and learn some grammar you are embarrassing yourself. How far did you get in school? I bet you didn't get past the third grade. Para tu informacion, no se va poder. STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION!!!! NO Amnesty!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans strike early blow in U.S. midterm e... 17 min Wildcat 574
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 40 min Ga Girl 56 137,013
Obama alone after midterm repudiation 1 hr Aprilvue 332
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 1 hr Don Joe 109
Poisoning the well? Obama's immigration vow com... 1 hr Don Joe 236
Column: Republicans can stop pretending they wa... 1 hr Guess Who 16
Republicans challenge Obama's executive actions... 2 hr kuda 164

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE