COTTO: Illegal alien amnesty is comin...

COTTO: Illegal alien amnesty is coming back to haunt America

There are 20 comments on the Washington Times story from Oct 18, 2013, titled COTTO: Illegal alien amnesty is coming back to haunt America. In it, Washington Times reports that:

Now that the federal government is up and running again, it is time to focus on what really matters: illegal immigration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

LANDMINE THE BORDER

United States

#1 Oct 18, 2013
DEPORT any darker than a brown paper bag.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#2 Oct 18, 2013
The U. S. will always have the undocumented worker. We do jobs that many Americans will not do.
LANDMINE THE BORDER

United States

#3 Oct 18, 2013
Juan wrote:
The U. S. will always have the undocumented worker. We do jobs that many Americans will not do.
Shut up you filthy s pic.

You are despised by America and will be made to leave soon, by force if necessary. LOL!
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#4 Oct 18, 2013
take them all out maybe they can join the Mexican army to fight the u.s. for not meeting their demands lots of laughs

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 18, 2013
Quote from the article:

"The CBO discovered that 'in the first ten years after the passage of S.744, new illegal immigration will add nearly 500,000 illegal residents and their children to the U.S. population each year' and '7.5 million new illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children will be in the country if the bill passes, compared to 10 million without the bill, so even in the very long term S.744 only reduces illegal immigration by 25%.'

Only 25%??? Well, if that's what the numbers are, even the most stupid of gamblers would say "I'm out."

As an Independent, I know what the GOP among you want. What I don't know is what you DEMS want. Considering what the CBO (they're nonpartisan like me) projected -- that we would have another 7.5M illegal aliens AFTER we legalize the 11M today -- WHAT DO YOU WANT? Is this what you want?
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#6 Oct 18, 2013
Purple Independent wrote:
Quote from the article:
"The CBO discovered that 'in the first ten years after the passage of S.744, new illegal immigration will add nearly 500,000 illegal residents and their children to the U.S. population each year' and '7.5 million new illegal immigrants and their U.S.-born children will be in the country if the bill passes, compared to 10 million without the bill, so even in the very long term S.744 only reduces illegal immigration by 25%.'
Only 25%??? Well, if that's what the numbers are, even the most stupid of gamblers would say "I'm out."
As an Independent, I know what the GOP among you want. What I don't know is what you DEMS want. Considering what the CBO (they're nonpartisan like me) projected -- that we would have another 7.5M illegal aliens AFTER we legalize the 11M today -- WHAT DO YOU WANT? Is this what you want?
Good Point.

Most first generation immigrant groups or anyone new to a place will congregate with familiarity. The new "legals" become a source of support and information for the ILLEGALS. How do think many ILLEGALS seem to know exactly where to go for work? Or how to elude ICE?, Obtain "documents"?-osmosis ... The term 'anchor' is well deserved when talking about ILLEGAL aliens and the legals.

The new " legals " would nothing but part of an underground railroad for others.

To make matters worse with countries like the US offering amnesty or sanctuary there is little or no incentive to improve conditions in one's original country. So it will be another generation of the same old STUFF.

Location hidden

#7 Oct 18, 2013
sheepleloveroyalty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Point.
Most first generation immigrant groups or anyone new to a place will congregate with familiarity. The new "legals" become a source of support and information for the ILLEGALS. How do think many ILLEGALS seem to know exactly where to go for work? Or how to elude ICE?, Obtain "documents"?-osmosis ... The term 'anchor' is well deserved when talking about ILLEGAL aliens and the legals.
The new " legals " would nothing but part of an underground railroad for others.
To make matters worse with countries like the US offering amnesty or sanctuary there is little or no incentive to improve conditions in one's original country. So it will be another generation of the same old STUFF.
Thank you for bringing up another negative consequence of amnesty: It does not force the major migrant-exporter countries (like Mexico) to fix their economies.

Why would they? They know the USA will grant amnesty every 10 - 20 yrs to their citizens who are impoverished and displaced. If you knew that someone else will fix your problem by simply ignoring your problem, wouldn't you continue to ignore your problem? HELL YEAH. It's human nature.

THIS is one of the reasons I am against amnesty. I think we are ENABLING corrupt countries to continue to be corrupt by taking in THEIR problem citizens.

If I can see this, why can't Obama?
sheepleloveroyal ty

Pottstown, PA

#8 Oct 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you for bringing up another negative consequence of amnesty: It does not force the major migrant-exporter countries (like Mexico) to fix their economies.
Why would they? They know the USA will grant amnesty every 10 - 20 yrs to their citizens who are impoverished and displaced. If you knew that someone else will fix your problem by simply ignoring your problem, wouldn't you continue to ignore your problem? HELL YEAH. It's human nature.
THIS is one of the reasons I am against amnesty. I think we are ENABLING corrupt countries to continue to be corrupt by taking in THEIR problem citizens.
I always wondered why all of these ILLEGALS who want amnesty never did try to fix things in their original country wether it be social, political or military change. Why didn't they become an activist, a protestor, a boycotter, a revoluntionary etc.

And when these ILLEGALS get to the US and other countries do they cry I need asylum? Did they bother to file a report with any human rights organizations like Amnesty International, the UN, A US congressman-heck they sure as heck don't mind asking politicians for citizenship. But what have they done to improve conditions in their original country.
Andrew

Anchorage, AK

#9 Oct 18, 2013
You want another consequence of amnesty?

We are American citizens married to foreign spouses, but we followed the law, and await our green cards. Problem is, the Obama administration has found a loophole in INA, and now illegals are flooding the USCIS with their applications. They are ALREADY in the US with their families because they broke the law; while we are SEPARATED from our spouses because we are following the law. And now, because we respected the law, USCIS tells us, as of 10/13/2013, that we must wait 2 YEARS to be reunited with our spouses. So, amnesty means that lawbreakers are rewarded and we pay a dear price – we are punished – for following the law. Please take a look at our letter and leave a comment:
http://uscgreencardpetitionerscommittee.blogs...

Location hidden

#10 Oct 18, 2013
Andrew wrote:
You want another consequence of amnesty?
We are American citizens married to foreign spouses, but we followed the law, and await our green cards. Problem is, the Obama administration has found a loophole in INA, and now illegals are flooding the USCIS with their applications. They are ALREADY in the US with their families because they broke the law; while we are SEPARATED from our spouses because we are following the law. And now, because we respected the law, USCIS tells us, as of 10/13/2013, that we must wait 2 YEARS to be reunited with our spouses. So, amnesty means that lawbreakers are rewarded and we pay a dear price – we are punished – for following the law. Please take a look at our letter and leave a comment:
http://uscgreencardpetitionerscommittee.blogs...
What is INA?
What is INA?

Location hidden

#11 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
I always wondered why all of these ILLEGALS who want amnesty never did try to fix things in their original country wether it be social, political or military change. Why didn't they become an activist, a protestor, a boycotter, a revoluntionary etc.
And when these ILLEGALS get to the US and other countries do they cry I need asylum? Did they bother to file a report with any human rights organizations like Amnesty International, the UN, A US congressman-heck they sure as heck don't mind asking politicians for citizenship. But what have they done to improve conditions in their original country.
Thank you for your post. Your concerns are valid AND CAN BE ANSWERED. But the answer is very complex. I've spent the better part of this night trying to write it out for you, only to edit and re-edit and finally scratch the whole post b/c I felt my explanation was too long and would bore you. I want my response to be short, concise, and impactful, so as not to lose your interest, because this is a very very important issue that can change the course of American history.

I also want my response to not only make sense to you, but to anybody who sees it.

I beg your patience.
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#12 Oct 19, 2013
Juan wrote:
Still keeping busy building America? Still breeding?!!!
Magadala

Vashon, WA

#13 Oct 19, 2013
<quoted text>
He DOES see it!!! This is all by design, makes it easier for NWO to take over when you dilute a country with foreigners...Patriotism over! Note how our returning vets are being considered terrorist! Trust me! No mistake, they know!!!
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Oct 19, 2013
The GOP has already said they won't take this up until 2015. There are too many pressing problems in this Country than to start stressing this Government out over immigration. The fundamentals of border control and e- verify aren't even working now, so the House doesn't think the debate can be taken up for some time. In the meantime they need to deport deport deport every illegal using Welfare, which was a condition under the Senate bill, that's millions using Food stamps and entitlement's are costing this Country billions and legalizing them will cost trillions. No we won't go along with this....pathetic
Jesus Malverde

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Oct 20, 2013
The GOP and their corporate masters are the biggest enablers of illegal immigration.
Oldglory

Coachella, CA

#16 Oct 20, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
The GOP and their corporate masters are the biggest enablers of illegal immigration.
And of course the Democrats aren't also in the back pockets of their corporate masters, right? Take a clue, there are many Democrat business owners also. The Democrats take it one step further though they are pandering for votes from ethnocentric Hispanics via a promise of amnesty for their ethnic group here illegally. Then if they can make citizens out of these illegals eventually that is another motive that the Democrats have because they will more than likely vote Democrat.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 20, 2013
Jesus Malverde wrote:
It takes two to tango. Even if "the GOP and their corporate masters" enabled illegal immigration -- A THEORY YOU CAN NOT PROVE WITH FACTS -- you also cannot prove that these illegal aliens did what they did out of force. From all anecdotal accounts, these illegals fully admit that they chose to do this on their own. NOT ONCE DID ANY ILLEGAL SAY THAT THE GOP FORCED THEM TO DO THIS.

Like drama?

Location hidden

#18 Oct 22, 2013
<quoted text>
As promised, here is my opinion:

Because the majority of illegals who come here are the poor and uneducated of other countries. Add to that, their countries are corrupt. These illegals are too uneducated and have absolutely zero resources to stage a protest. Even if they did, their govts are so corrupt and brutal, they would be incarcerated or shot on the spot.

They cannot file for asylum b/c they do not qualify. The USA gives asylum to political refugees, victims of natural disasters, civilians escaping civil war, and the religious-persecuted. THE USA DOES NOT GIVE ASYLUM FOR ECONOMIC REASONS, which is the reason of the majority of illegals. Simply put, the illegals who come here for jobs do not qualify under any of our immigration categories. And no senator or congressman will take their case b/c 1) they're not citizens, 2) they do not qualify under any asylum category, and 2) if voters find out, they won't vote for them again. So their only resort is to sneak in.

Once they are here, they get emboldened to demand amnesty and march in our streets b/c they hook up with the NCLR, the NAACP, the ACLU, the AFL-CIO, the SEIU, etc etc ad nauseum -- organized lobbyists -- who have tons of money to stage protests and advocate for their amnesty. W/O these orgs, they wouldn't dare think of demanding anything of us. Strength in numbers. Mob rule.

Hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, feel free to ask.

Location hidden

#19 Oct 22, 2013
ronnie wrote:
The GOP has already said they won't take this up until 2015. There are too many pressing problems in this Country than to start stressing this Government out over immigration. The fundamentals of border control and e- verify aren't even working now, so the House doesn't think the debate can be taken up for some time. In the meantime they need to deport deport deport every illegal using Welfare, which was a condition under the Senate bill, that's millions using Food stamps and entitlement's are costing this Country billions and legalizing them will cost trillions. No we won't go along with this....pathetic
I sure hope so!
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Nov 13, 2013
liberty wrote:
take them all out maybe they can join the Mexican army to fight the u.s. for not meeting their demands lots of laughs
oh that is funny.lots of laughs.hope that happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Latest: Trump gets support from leader of '... 16 min YouDidntBuildThat 6
News Hispanic exodus from Irving, TX hurts businesses (Oct '07) 23 min truck owner 255
News Opinion: Racism, bigotry charges take president... 28 min 2 Dogs 6
News Donald Trump's immigration policy: Then and now 30 min WasteWater 155
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 47 min HaleyWay 7,788
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 2 hr Just Slim 142,234
News On illegal immigration, Trump supporters have v... 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 7
More from around the web