Immigration splits GOP's national, Ho...

Immigration splits GOP's national, House interests

There are 39 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Jun 17, 2013, titled Immigration splits GOP's national, House interests. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

The Republican Party's hope of running stronger presidential races by revamping immigration is about to hit a big hurdle: House Republicans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#22 Jun 18, 2013
Brenda besson wrote:
<quoted text> hes not an ass or a gay!!!! Its not passing period.start packing!!
lol,he'll be lucky if he gets to remain here illegally.
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#23 Jun 18, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
It has to pass the Senate first and if it does we will have to wait to see the outcome in the House. I think everything is possible including a "shocking" result for you. lol
You're right,everything is possible,but I have a better chance at winning The lottery than this Bill passing in the house.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Level 10

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#24 Jun 19, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians, whether people and lawyers are legal lairs so it's hard to have faith in what they say but there is no other choice.
The choice is to continue to let them know that they have no credibility...let them know they fool nobody with their lies, and then vote them out if at all possible.
spud

Girardville, PA

#25 Jun 19, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get your point. This is basically what Romney wanted to do. From a point of view it might seem a great idea but making the life impossible for the illegals already here won't solve the problem as they will either find a way to beat the system or there will be a lot of unrest in the country that could lead to unwanted social issues.
Don't you think S744 has caused social unrest. It's only going to get worse. I do agree with Romney. We risk losing credibility of our laws if we continue to selectively enforce them.
mexican pride

Lodi, CA

#26 Jun 19, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> You're right,everything is possible,but I have a better chance at winning The lottery than this Bill passing in the house.
No fool you can't hope on winning the lottery, you need a job!

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Monroe Township, NJ

#27 Jun 20, 2013
NYM8387 wrote:
<quoted text> You're right,everything is possible,but I have a better chance at winning The lottery than this Bill passing in the house.
If it's not brought on the House floor or if it doesn't pass then it will pass in 2015 when the Dems will have the majority in the House. And guess what ? At that time the bill will have less provisions about border security. It will be a real Amnesty. That's why the best time to pass something is now when there is a balanced bipartisan bill.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#28 Jun 20, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think S744 has caused social unrest. It's only going to get worse. I do agree with Romney. We risk losing credibility of our laws if we continue to selectively enforce them.
Unrest is when you see something like it's been happening in Turkey or Brazil and luckily this hasn't been the case in USA.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#29 Jun 20, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think S744 has caused social unrest. It's only going to get worse. I do agree with Romney. We risk losing credibility of our laws if we continue to selectively enforce them.
Try to forget about Romney...He's history !!!
spud

Girardville, PA

#30 Jun 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to forget about Romney...He's history !!!
That's no argument. Pat Buchanon and Ross Perot are history too but that doesn't change the fact that their opposition to job killing free trade agreements was right. Romney was also right on enforcement leading to self deportation.

Level 4

Monroe Township, NJ

#31 Jun 21, 2013
spud wrote:
<quoted text>That's no argument. Pat Buchanon and Ross Perot are history too but that doesn't change the fact that their opposition to job killing free trade agreements was right. Romney was also right on enforcement leading to self deportation.
I didn't use that as an argument but apparently you didn't get my sarcasm.

This bill would lead to self deportation as well if you put some thought in it. There are a lot of people ( and I know some ) who will never apply to get their papers because they are here just to make some money to send to their families back home. Those will leave US once E-Verify is in place. The good thing about this bill is that it will allow those with good intentions the opportunity to stay and become part and have a good contribution to the US society.
spud

Girardville, PA

#32 Jun 21, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't use that as an argument but apparently you didn't get my sarcasm.
This bill would lead to self deportation as well if you put some thought in it. There are a lot of people ( and I know some ) who will never apply to get their papers because they are here just to make some money to send to their families back home. Those will leave US once E-Verify is in place. The good thing about this bill is that it will allow those with good intentions the opportunity to stay and become part and have a good contribution to the US society.
Say what? This bill would lead to a free for all rush to get here like this country has never seen. We don't need to declare amnesty in order to implement an Everify or visa tracking system. That's the whole argument. Not only that, but the amnesty lovers are only promising to follow through on enforcement, just like 1986. We all know that promise was meaningless then and this is the same thing all over again. This time it has to be enforcement first unless we want to be the kind of idiots that make the same mistake over and over again.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#34 Jun 22, 2013
haha
JDC

Corpus Christi, TX

#35 Jun 27, 2013
Illegal aliens are foreigners who knowingly broke the law to come here and Americans owe them even less than we owe other foreigners living in China, Sweden, or El Salvador because at least those people didn't break our laws.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#36 Jun 27, 2013
JDC wrote:
Illegal aliens are foreigners who knowingly broke the law to come here and Americans owe them even less than we owe other foreigners living in China, Sweden, or El Salvador because at least those people didn't break our laws.
Take a nap Ima.
JDC

Corpus Christi, TX

#37 Jun 27, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a nap Ima.
What a well thought out response. Bet you were captain of your grade school debate team huh?
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#38 Jun 27, 2013
JDC wrote:
<quoted text>
What a well thought out response. Bet you were captain of your grade school debate team huh?
Ima you sure get cranky when you have not had your nap.
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#39 Jun 27, 2013
mexican pride wrote:
<quoted text> No fool you can't hope on winning the lottery, you need a job!
stfu mojado sin futuro
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#40 Jun 27, 2013
Ambro2000 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not brought on the House floor or if it doesn't pass then it will pass in 2015 when the Dems will have the majority in the House. And guess what ? At that time the bill will have less provisions about border security. It will be a real Amnesty. That's why the best time to pass something is now when there is a balanced bipartisan bill.
Didn't I say the complete opposite to you on another forum? Republicans will come out on top because of this,no amnesty
NYM8387

Lawrence, MA

#41 Jun 27, 2013
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ima you sure get cranky when you have not had your nap.
sure thing frito

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanctuary city mayors urge Obama to protect ill... 1 min spud 18
News Cruel bully or modern-day Wyatt Earp? Sheriff's... 5 min Fcvk tRump 32
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 20 min Go Trump 17,638
News Protesters across US decry Trumpa s anti-immigr... 44 min spud 40
News Trump: Brexit 'a great thing,' EU to continue t... 57 min spud 6
News Disabled man tortured by Trump-cursing group br... 57 min Jeremy 437
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 1 hr Liar Watch 14,827
More from around the web