Video: WH: "Cannot be acceptable" for...

Video: WH: "Cannot be acceptable" for House GOP to block immigration bill

There are 6 comments on the CBS News story from Jul 10, 2013, titled Video: WH: "Cannot be acceptable" for House GOP to block immigration bill. In it, CBS News reports that:

Pointing to the "clear economic benefits" of immigration reform and the broad coalition of support behind it, White House press secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday that House Republicans cannot block reform simply because they are worried about a primary challenge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

WTF

Saugus, MA

#1 Jul 10, 2013
I'm sure other countries will expand their programs to welcome immigrants who bring in skills that can economically benefit the country.
US is losing its core competency and in 5 to 10 years will lose to Asian countries. Even France welcome more immigrants. Look at Canada, they are advancing by having a strong, young local and immigrant work force.
We should remove the statue of liberty and lock it up in a storage facility cause US no longer needs immigrants. All it needs is people who sit at home all day and collect welfare checks.
Shame on these republicans!! Well after all I don't think republicans are going to the white house in the next election.
us citizen

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Jul 10, 2013
good one
tayo

UK

#3 Jul 11, 2013
All most. 80 percent u s children are lazy,they bilieve on welfare.why republican against immigration reform.they are many illegal immigrant that bettter than most of republican child.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#4 Jul 11, 2013
WTF wrote:
I'm sure other countries will expand their programs to welcome immigrants who bring in skills that can economically benefit the country.
US is losing its core competency and in 5 to 10 years will lose to Asian countries. Even France welcome more immigrants. Look at Canada, they are advancing by having a strong, young local and immigrant work force.
We should remove the statue of liberty and lock it up in a storage facility cause US no longer needs immigrants. All it needs is people who sit at home all day and collect welfare checks.
Shame on these republicans!! Well after all I don't think republicans are going to the white house in the next election.
Yet rather than welcome talented immigrants who bring skills and a strong work ethic we are focusing on low skilled, ignorant, criminals who bring nothing of value to this country. Let's pass a bill that encourages the best and brightest to immigrate and punishes the criminals who come here illegally looking for a free ride. There are 20 million of them that we could easily and gladly replace with the people you speak of.
Brenda besson

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2013
They can block it and they will.
Brenda besson

United States

#6 Jul 11, 2013
tayo wrote:
All most. 80 percent u s children are lazy,they bilieve on welfare.why republican against immigration reform.they are many illegal immigrant that bettter than most of republican child.
jerk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 19 min X Crypsis X 148,198
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 36 min Qdawg 13,701
News Immigration Groups Push Congress to Protect Dre... 1 hr freebird 7
News Activists push to end controversial 287(g) prog... 2 hr Red Crosse 9
News Nielsen Talks Tough On Immigration During First... 4 hr freebird 4
News Trump says US 'cannot afford' Roy Moore loss in... 6 hr Katrina 205
News Trump Must Keep His Promise: Repeal DACA 14 hr Abimbola 313
More from around the web