Rubio hears out House conservatives o...

Rubio hears out House conservatives on immigration

There are 46 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Jun 5, 2013, titled Rubio hears out House conservatives on immigration. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

Sen. Marco Rubio , R-Fla., sought support from House conservatives Wednesday for far-reaching immigration legislation, but many lawmakers emerged from their meeting deeply skeptical of any comprehensive bill with a pathway to citizenship for immigrants here illegally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Jun 7, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? Are you not aware that we allow in 1 million legal immigrants into our country from all over the world every year and that we have Americans from all ethnicities/races? So just what is this American pure bloodline that you speak of? Put your race card back in your wallet. We have immigration laws just like every other country and have the right to enforce them just like every other country does.
Thank you for taking time to write your opinions about this important issue.

Of course, we need immigration laws. However, we must never to resort to fascist tactics for enforcement. When a large number of people have violated existing laws, we need to evaluate the reasons for its occurrence and remedies other than pure mindless punishment, certainly never punishment that even hints of sadistic motivation (i.e., punishment that brings pleasure to those inflicting it).

Law enforcement and fascism are not mutually exclusive opposites like black and white. While one is a legitimate government responsibility, the other is a method of enforcement that’s incompatible with American ideals or acceptable practice.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Jun 7, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
What utter BS! Hispanics do not assimilate very well. That's why we are required to speak Spanish to get a job in our own English speaking country now. Look at Miami for a good example and many parts of the southwest.
So if someone risks their lives by breaking the law that is an admirable thing to you? They don't want to be part of our society they just want the money they can make here and it matters not to them that they steal jobs, resources and taxes from Americans to achieve their goals either. It matters not to them that the commit felony ID theft or tax evasion either. All's good just as long as it benefits them.
I believe that Hispanic immigrants have no more difficulty assimilating than immigrants of other origins. Granted, it’s difficult as it likely was for your forefathers as well as mine, especially where language differences become a barrier. One of the problems immigrants encounter is being scapegoated until they have been fully assimilated.

The US is a English speaking country only by accident of history. Dutch was originally spoken in New Amsterdam, French in Louisiana, Spanish in Texas, etc. as local names suggest. Canada has two official languages. Switzerland has four. Most educated Europeans speak more than one language. Learning to speak “foreign” languages is not a curse, but enlarges our world, outlook, possibilities and wisdom.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#23 Jun 7, 2013
chicagonut wrote:
<quoted text>
What utter BS! Hispanics do not assimilate very well. That's why we are required to speak Spanish to get a job in our own English speaking country now. Look at Miami for a good example and many parts of the southwest.
So if someone risks their lives by breaking the law that is an admirable thing to you? They don't want to be part of our society they just want the money they can make here and it matters not to them that they steal jobs, resources and taxes from Americans to achieve their goals either. It matters not to them that the commit felony ID theft or tax evasion either. All's good just as long as it benefits them.
WRONG! The main reason for requiring Spanish language on the job is commercially based Latinos are a large community with fairly reasonable purchasing power, Miami is a different story during the communist hysteria we may have overlook the assimilation factor with the older folks needing them most as our anti Castro allies but the younger generation fits right in and in situation where the older folks are lagging behind it is not really unusual to see that hence the bilingual need.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#24 Jun 7, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly know how to make a brutal fascist regime sound like a fun thing for frustrated “real” Americans who feel impotent and blame “illegal immigrants” for their failures and also like a surefire way to keep the American bloodline pure. History has shown us how well the Lebensborn program worked out and, of course, how much the kids enjoyed it.
http://www.huforc.gr/Racent%20ufo%20news%2020...
http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2013/04/03/i...
you sure seem like the type of person who would support things like this if not do them yourself,after all if you support illegal aliens you are part of the reason they kill here.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Jun 7, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
http://standwitharizona.com/blog/2013/04/03/i...
you sure seem like the type of person who would support things like this if not do them yourself,after all if you support illegal aliens you are part of the reason they kill here.
What exactly makes me seem like the kind of person who supports things like cold-blooded murderers, whether they are illegal aliens or citizens? I believe your opinion is based on how you think to reach illogical conclusions, not about my stated opinions.

I’ll just go ahead and excuse you, but please try to think more clearly when forming opinions about others.
AmericanGal

Chicago, IL

#26 Jun 7, 2013
Interesting Article:

Marco Rubio Is No Conservative

JUNE 7, 2013

BY KRIS ZANE

Location hidden

#27 Jun 7, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly makes me seem like the kind of person who supports things like cold-blooded murderers, whether they are illegal aliens or citizens? I believe your opinion is based on how you think to reach illogical conclusions, not about my stated opinions.
I’ll just go ahead and excuse you, but please try to think more clearly when forming opinions about others.
since there is no way to sort them out before they do such things support for illegal aliens is also support for the likes of that guy and the cartels. we have no way to know who they are,they do not wear signs.

another reason to get rid of them all. there is no reason to foolishly wait until the do something when we have the right to remove them now. or do you prefer we wait until they do this?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Jun 7, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
since there is no way to sort them out before they do such things support for illegal aliens is also support for the likes of that guy and the cartels. we have no way to know who they are,they do not wear signs.
another reason to get rid of them all. there is no reason to foolishly wait until the do something when we have the right to remove them now. or do you prefer we wait until they do this?
Your attempts at logic remain flawed. My position — not to use fascist tactics against illegal aliens — is insufficient for you to conclude that I condone murder.

I certainly don’t I condone murder. Again, I’ll go ahead and excuse your error, especially since flawed logic is such a staple here on Topix boards.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#29 Jun 7, 2013
tomin cali wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attempts at logic remain flawed. My position — not to use fascist tactics against illegal aliens — is insufficient for you to conclude that I condone murder.

I certainly don’t condone murder. Again, I’ll go ahead and excuse your error, especially since flawed logic is such a staple here on Topix boards.
ronnie

Salt Lake City, UT

#30 Jun 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Historically Hispanics do assimilate if not more than any other cultures and do prosper as well to assume otherwise is a wrong theory, people risks their lives facing all form of humiliating circumstances and indignation just to come and live and work here by their own choice and not by a selective process is more than enough testimony to demonstrate how longing they are to be part of this society.
That's the very problem. Dignity has a price. Stealing another Country show's lack of dignity. Lack of pride in ones Culture. Why can't they use that same analogy to improve their circumstances in their own Country. Whether they steal there citizenship through breeding like rabbit's in America, or hiding for 20 year's. The respect of this group will always be a problem with them. People cannot respect anyone that has zero integrity, no matter how desparate they are.I seen 3-4 generations never learn English and talk pridefully reconquista, while they burn my American flag. So sorry no trust for thieves.
Reality Check

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Jun 7, 2013
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>That's the very problem. Dignity has a price. Stealing another Country show's lack of dignity. Lack of pride in ones Culture. Why can't they use that same analogy to improve their circumstances in their own Country. Whether they steal there citizenship through breeding like rabbit's in America, or hiding for 20 year's. The respect of this group will always be a problem with them. People cannot respect anyone that has zero integrity, no matter how desparate they are.I seen 3-4 generations never learn English and talk pridefully reconquista, while they burn my American flag. So sorry no trust for thieves.
That has been the historical phenomenon of the human society through out the ages and will continue to be so as long as we all have this planet Earth.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#32 Jun 22, 2013
yes
spud

Girardville, PA

#33 Jun 22, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be naive to think employers are going to allow them selves to be stuck with a class of workforce that has the leverage to make demands be it reasonable or not without recourse, can you explain why the GOP so adamant about organised labor and Unions?
That sounds alot like what I would imagine a plantation owner would say about his slaves. We can't give them any "leverage" to hope their lives can be better. We have to keep the down. What an elitist attitude that is.
JDC

Corpus Christi, TX

#34 Jun 24, 2013
Illegal aliens are foreigners who knowingly broke the law to come here and Americans owe them even less than we owe other foreigners living in China, Sweden, or El Salvador because at least those people didn't break our laws.
Juan Too

Monroe, VA

#35 Jun 24, 2013
JDC wrote:
Illegal aliens are foreigners who knowingly broke the law to come here and Americans owe them even less than we owe other foreigners living in China, Sweden, or El Salvador because at least those people didn't break our laws.
Did you know that Mexican authorities regularly deport Chinese, Russians, El Salvadorans, etc, for being in Mexico illegally. In almost 100% of the cases, the ultimate destination for these people is the US.

I don't hear anyone thanking the Mexican authorities.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#37 Jun 24, 2013
About 3,720,000 results (0.27 seconds)
Search Results
Illegal aliens linked to gang-rape wave - WND
www.wnd.com/2006/08/37374/&#8206 ;
Aug 22, 2006 – Member of gang Mara Salvatrucha ( NPR.org ) A wave of illegal-immigrant gang rapes is sweeping the U.S. while public officials and ...
Another Mexican Illegal Rapes!(pro illegals, Mexicans, crime ...
www.city-data.com ›...› Illegal Immigration&#8206;
Feb 17, 2008 – And here we have another example of the wonderful poor mexican illegal who ONLY slithered across our border to work and THEN RAPE!
Illegals kill 2,150 each year.... Illegals rape 130,909 each year ...
Recently Deported Illegal Alien Rapes and Murders 1-month-old ...
Police: Illegal Immigrants Raped 14-Year-Old Texas Girl at July ...
Illegals Gang-Rape College Student - allegedly!(illegal ...
Dec 22, 2012
Jan 9, 2012
Jul 16, 2010
Dec 10, 2009
Obama's Dangerous Illegal Alien Exodus: Past Released Detainees ...
standwitharizona.com/.../obamas-dangerous-ill... ;
Feb 27, 2013 –... Illegal Alien Exodus: Past Released Detainees Murdered 19; Raped 142 ... When illegal aliens are arbitrarily released into communities,...
Illegal aliens are raping their way through North Carolina's children ...
www.examiner.com/.../illegal-aliens-are-rapin... ;
Mar 13, 2013 – In recent years, the illegal alien population in North Carolina has exploded thanks to 'sanctuary policies' in several cities and counties ...

Location hidden

#38 Jun 25, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don’t I condone murder. Again, I’ll go ahead and excuse your error, especially since flawed logic is such a staple here on Topix boards.
my tactic illegal aliens are criminals and all who support them support crime,it is simple and a fact.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#39 Jun 25, 2013
Juan Too wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Mexican authorities regularly deport Chinese, Russians, El Salvadorans, etc, for being in Mexico illegally. In almost 100% of the cases, the ultimate destination for these people is the US.
I don't hear anyone thanking the Mexican authorities.
I hear someone..have a mirror pendajo?

No comment on the zillions of rapes though....Coward
spud

United States

#40 Jun 26, 2013
Rubio is a good talker and a Cuban, that's why he was installed as the token leader for the neocons push for amnesty. Rubio only answers to the neocon leadership. If he meets with the real Republicans it's only to try to convince them to follow his neocon bosses. He's a liar and a weasel who has exposed himself. He's damaged goods for all future elections. The neocon leadership used him. He was expendable from the beginning.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#41 Jun 26, 2013
Good point, spud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanctuary officials could get 5 years in prison... 19 min Quirky 123
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 29 min quetzalcoatl 149,280
News Liberals say immigration enforcement is racist,... 34 min Ms Mack 1,154
News Trump: No immigration deal unless 'real wall,' ... 38 min Wildchild 33
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 54 min Rico the Magnific... 20,216
News Will a New Question Scare Illegal Immigrants Aw... 1 hr tomin cali 1
News Donald Trump calls unauthorized immigrants 'ani... 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 402