Tod Robberson: Immigration reform never needed to include a pathway to citizenship

Nov 23, 2013 Full story: Dallas Morning News 31

University of Texas students participate in an immigration rights rally on the university campus in Austin, Texas, Wednesday Nov. 20, 2013.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Magadala

Gig Harbor, WA

#2 Nov 23, 2013
Citizenship is a MUST! After all the work that our politicians put into illegal aliens for future votes, they HAVE to become voting citizens!

I was very surprised to read the old, "we can pile 11 million on a bus and deport them..."
Stupid statement. No, we can't, but if we enforce e-verify, fine employers, no tuition breaks, driver's licenses,we will see an immediate decrease!!! We have done everything to accommodate them, all's we have to do is stop!
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Nov 23, 2013
Magadala wrote:
Citizenship is a MUST! After all the work that our politicians put into illegal aliens for future votes, they HAVE to become voting citizens!
I was very surprised to read the old, "we can pile 11 million on a bus and deport them..."
Stupid statement. No, we can't, but if we enforce e-verify, fine employers, no tuition breaks, driver's licenses,we will see an immediate decrease!!! We have done everything to accommodate them, all's we have to do is stop!
yes you are right.it has to stop they will leave.
Level 5

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 23, 2013
Magadala wrote:
yes, we should do all the things you mentioned.

but why do you exclude deportation???

as I see it, we should use very option that we have available to get rid of these illegal aliens. and that includes DEPORTATION.

YOUR statement that it cannot be done is false.

in the last century, we did it 3 times under truman, roosevelt, and eisenhower. the program was called "operation wetback".

if we can do it then, we can do it now.

get it done.
Cat74

Bloomingdale, IL

#5 Nov 23, 2013
You will never get deportation while the Democrats are in majority. They lied about deporting illegals, and they just picked up 2 members of AlQaeda in Kentucky on food stamps, and public welfare. Obama opened the borders to every piece of pond scum in the world.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Nov 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You will never get deportation while the Democrats are in majority. They lied about deporting illegals, and they just picked up 2 members of AlQaeda in Kentucky on food stamps, and public welfare. Obama opened the borders to every piece of pond scum in the world.
obama wants this, just remember they are not legal.even with amnesty 13 years.they can still be deported.obamacare mess is killing amnesty.keep that in mind.no one trust a word he says.we have to wait for a new president.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#7 Nov 23, 2013
Don't kid yourself. If they get immigration reform next summer, they will all vote in the 2014 election. They will be on welfare, food stamps, and have healthcare as good as yours. The Democrats lied about waiting 10 years for stuff. They say that to lure Conservation support.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Nov 23, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Don't kid yourself. If they get immigration reform next summer, they will all vote in the 2014 election. They will be on welfare, food stamps, and have healthcare as good as yours. The Democrats lied about waiting 10 years for stuff. They say that to lure Conservation support.
oh really.not surprized.the liar in the office is a real pos.
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#9 Nov 23, 2013
I've always been told by illegals in Nevada, they want to come and go. They do not want responsibility of our government watching over their shoulder. IE paying tax's and being accountable. But merely to come and go. That becomes a problem though, because the money they earn, leaves the USA. We need all the tax dollars we can get. That's not fair too legal Americans that pay for there healthcare ETC. So no, make them register for work permit's. Tax the shit out of them when they are working. Make sure too get rid of repeat offenders, but never, never give them American Citizenship, until they go to the back of the line if they care too at all.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Level 8

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#10 Nov 24, 2013
Magadala wrote:

" Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida argued this morning on "This Week" that a key provision of the bill, the so-called "pathway to citizenship" for undocumented immigrants, would not give anything away".

Sure it does Senator, it gives or sells our American citizenship to 11 million illegal aliens that broke our Immigration Laws to get here!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It's sad when some politicians and segments of our population want to degrade our American Citizenship to the point where it has no value or meaning.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"This amnesty will give citizenship to only 1.1 to 1.3 million illegal aliens. We will secure the borders henceforth. We will never again bring forward another amnesty bill like this."

-- Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy on the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DEMOCRATS ARE LIARS!

"The agreement we just reached is the best possible chance we will have in.
years to secure our borders, bring millions of people out of the shadows and.
into the sunshine of America".

May 17, 2007.

Ted Kennedy -- Senator from Massachusetts.
Member of the Democratic Party.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#11 Nov 24, 2013
One more incentive needs to be removed for more to come here and that is denying their kids born on our soil birthright citizenship. The 14th amendment just needs to be re-visited by the Supreme Court for the correct interpretation of birthright citizenship as it was intended to be.

Most countries require that at least one parent be a citizen of this country in order for birthright citizenship to apply to their offspring born on our soil. It just makes sense. They will not be able to tap into our tax coffers to support these kids anymore and will establish common sense and respect for our citizenship.

“My opinion”

Since: Nov 13

Toronto

#12 Nov 24, 2013
The headline here does not make sense legal immigration IS and always has been the pathway to citizenship.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#13 Nov 24, 2013
All the more reason not to make these illegal aliens legal immigrants. They have not earned that nor a path to our citizenship.
leonardo

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Nov 25, 2013
wild child wrote:
<quoted text> yes you are right.it has to stop they will leave.
no we are not leaving for sure we have our son s,houses,our lives in the usa we working here and is to many things involve . I'm paying over 20 thoudands dollars a yesr on taxes of two houses if i leave are you gonna pay tha money and. Like me iis millions of immigrants on this situacion they have buisnesses,houses,jobs and so long and we are more than 11 million people in this situation. Is not easy how you think that we are gonna leavy so easy .you know that well staying no matter what we are hard workers people that this country need not we work for our food,house,kids not like you lazy people that request coffe time ,cigarret time ,paper time thats why this country is coming down people not productive
nym8387

Stratford, CT

#16 Nov 25, 2013
leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>no we are not leaving for sure we have our son s,houses,our lives in the usa we working here and is to many things involve . I'm paying over 20 thoudands dollars a yesr on taxes of two houses if i leave are you gonna pay tha money and. Like me iis millions of immigrants on this situacion they have buisnesses,houses,jobs and so long and we are more than 11 million people in this situation. Is not easy how you think that we are gonna leavy so easy .you know that well staying no matter what we are hard workers people that this country need not we work for our food,house,kids not like you lazy people that request coffe time ,cigarret time ,paper time thats why this country is coming down people not productive
You'll be gone soon enough.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Nov 25, 2013
leonardo wrote:
<quoted text>no we are not leaving for sure we have our son s,houses,our lives in the usa we working here and is to many things involve . I'm paying over 20 thoudands dollars a yesr on taxes of two houses if i leave are you gonna pay tha money and. Like me iis millions of immigrants on this situacion they have buisnesses,houses,jobs and so long and we are more than 11 million people in this situation. Is not easy how you think that we are gonna leavy so easy .you know that well staying no matter what we are hard workers people that this country need not we work for our food,house,kids not like you lazy people that request coffe time ,cigarret time ,paper time thats why this country is coming down people not productive
I dont care, get out.take wife, sons and sell house.
wild child

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Nov 25, 2013
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text>You'll be gone soon enough.
hey ny numbers is that really you.its me brenda besson had to change my name, got a new phone.I asked mexi pride where you went.juanita (still illegal 6months later lol) said I should find you myself.
Oldglory

Banning, CA

#19 Nov 25, 2013
Here we go with the lazy Americans nonsense again. These idiots even brag about stealing jobs from Americans. They take out way more out of our tax coffers than they ever pay in. They think because they have managed to evade the law for several years and paid some taxes they should be allowed to stay. Ain't gonna happen.
spud

Reading, PA

#20 Nov 25, 2013
Oldglory wrote:
One more incentive needs to be removed for more to come here and that is denying their kids born on our soil birthright citizenship. The 14th amendment just needs to be re-visited by the Supreme Court for the correct interpretation of birthright citizenship as it was intended to be.
Most countries require that at least one parent be a citizen of this country in order for birthright citizenship to apply to their offspring born on our soil. It just makes sense. They will not be able to tap into our tax coffers to support these kids anymore and will establish common sense and respect for our citizenship.
I think we're the only developed country in the world that still recognizes birthright citizenship. This countries leadership is totally falling apart. We have to dump a lot of these long time incumbents.
Cat74

Naperville, IL

#21 Nov 25, 2013
Every election we talk about dumping these do nothings from their cushy jobs, but we never do. This time must be different. Dump all the incumbents, Democrats, Republicans all of them.
liberty

Rockmart, GA

#22 Nov 25, 2013
if these people make these illegals citizens they will let down every true blooded American because they have done broke the law for coming here illegally every service our cops,our social service workers should turn these people in and employers should use everify without even thinking about it make it hard on them so they will want to go home they will think home is better than here we could not go into their country and do what they are doing here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 13 min Freespirit8 262,518
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 23 min J ValJean 135,850
Boehner: Immigration Reform Will Help Economy 38 min pjw01 4
A California Without Illegal ImmigrantsBy Ruben... 1 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 9
Native Americans say "Mexicans are NOT Indians" (Mar '08) 2 hr Freedomx4 1,890
Perry criticizes Mexico's effort to secure border 3 hr tomin cali 9
Susan Frederick-Gray v. Joe Arpaio 6 hr Earl 7
•••

Immigration Reform People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE