Bank Of England Policymaker Predicts ...

Bank Of England Policymaker Predicts Unprecedented Dollar Collapse

Posted in the Immigration Reform Forum

Madison

“Enforce our Immigration Laws!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Warns that within five years global dumping of dollar assets could be complete

Steve Watson
Infowars.net
Tuesday, Jan 6th, 2009

A former member of the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee has predicted a massive collapse of the dollar within the next two to five years, warning that a government increase in spending under President elect Obama could be disastrous.

Willem Buiter, who served the BOE from June 1997 to May 2000, has stated that he expects to see the plug pulled from under the dollar as foreign investors turn away from the dollar and other US backed assets including government bonds.

Writing for the Financial Times, Buiter, now a Professor with the London School of Economics European Institute, comments: "There will, before long (my best guess is between two and five years from now) be a global dumping of US dollar assets, including US government assets. Old habits die hard. The US dollar and US Treasury bills and bonds are still viewed as a safe haven by many. But learning takes place."

Buiter, who has previously advised the World Bank, the IMF and the European Commission, points out that the dollar has managed to stay afloat due to the misguided notion that the US can make more capital on overseas investments and interests than foreign investors can make on US assets - a hypothesis that economists have referred to as "American alpha".

http://www.infowars.net/articles/january2009/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Donald Trump Already Failed Us? (Nov '16) 4 min george 10,908
Should Katrina be banned? 9 min Well Well 232
Rose's Pub (Mar '10) 37 min Just Slim 147,662
News Three Children Among 25 Undocumented Immigrants... 1 hr Red Crosse 26
Is George a lonley troll who needs a man? 6 hr Quirky 19
News Here's My Dream: Deport the Illegal Alien "Nigh... 9 hr Not My President 2
News Longmont City Council to consider DACA support ... 9 hr Mo Betta 1
More from around the web