Fixing the 'illegal' issue

Fixing the 'illegal' issue

There are 33 comments on the www.observertoday.com story from Feb 6, 2011, titled Fixing the 'illegal' issue. In it, www.observertoday.com reports that:

This is an open letter to President Barack Obama:

What a disgusting comment recently you made about your "disappointment" that The Dream Act did not pass so that 2 million illegal immigrants could be granted "amnesty." Such a pity about those "poor kids" who came to the United States with their "undocumented parents" years ago, lived here, grew up here and went to school here, and now can't "better themselves" and go to college because of their status as "undocumented."

It's not "their fault."

Doesn't anybody accept responsibility for their actions any longer? As these "poor kids" grew up and became young adults, and surely must have discovered that they were here illegally, why didn't they try to explore measures to become legal citizens? Why don't they learn the English language if they want to live here? Why don't we make rules and abide by them?

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.observertoday.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Luca Brasi

United States

#1 Feb 6, 2011
This is exactly the kind of rhetoric which is killing this debate. First, the Pew Research Center has a report that mention the children and young adult whose could get a benefit through the dream act are between 300,000 to 700,000, not 2 million as this sunavo... said. Secondly "why there don't learn english", is that woman so stupid that she can't understand that those students are high academic achievement young men and women , not illiterate people. Third "why they didn't become citizens", easy, because they can't, according to the law, as long as you are illegally in the country, only for a day, you can't legalize. Fourth, this is not an amnesty. Amnesty means to pardon the person, those children didn't do anything wrong, their parents did it. The dream act only give them a chance to be legal part of a country they are already part in the best way possible.
Legal issue

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Feb 6, 2011
No body care about legal issue; No body want to fix the immigration system. There is a fundamental root cause to the system basically it is huge wait time for any visa category that forces many people to be here as illegal.

How many people obey laws as a citizen? how many people are caught in over speeding and for crime...could you please tell me what percentage of people follow by rules....

Dont take very hard on illegal and legal people who are waiting and abide rules.

Let the politician make right choice and do the best game about his scenario.

We can raise voice about Eygpt president and bring him down to maintain democracy....but not our own country because we can handle the political game. If you closely see the scenario about legal issue then you will be knowing that we need to fix our broken immigration system.

Good luck for this government.
Thanks
legal issue supporter

Level 1

Since: May 08

Spokane, WA

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Luca Brasi wrote:
This is exactly the kind of rhetoric which is killing this debate. First, the Pew Research Center has a report that mention the children and young adult whose could get a benefit through the dream act are between 300,000 to 700,000, not 2 million as this sunavo... said. Secondly "why there don't learn english", is that woman so stupid that she can't understand that those students are high academic achievement young men and women , not illiterate people. Third "why they didn't become citizens", easy, because they can't, according to the law, as long as you are illegally in the country, only for a day, you can't legalize. Fourth, this is not an amnesty. Amnesty means to pardon the person, those children didn't do anything wrong, their parents did it. The dream act only give them a chance to be legal part of a country they are already part in the best way possible.
They are guilty by association. Since their parents are illegal aliens, they also came here illegally, and are also illegal immigrants.

They should not be rewarded for the crimes that their parents commited by coming here illegally.I am sorry for their situation, but the only people here who are responsible for this mess is their parents.

The Americans who aided and abetted their criminal acts, are also to blame. Allowing them to collect welfare, food stamps, health care, a public education.. the list goes on.

All at the expense of the American taxpayers! The gravy train is over. Get over it!! Go back where you came from.

They are not entitiled to any social services that are meant for legal citizens, and citizens, and that includes in state-tuition for college. Go to college in Mexico. With the US pubic education that you received on MY taxdollars, you should be a head above all of the other Mexican students in your classes.
AmberDru

Dublin, OH

#4 Feb 6, 2011
Mexican nationals living illegally in the U.S. can go to college online for free!

A free college education is provided by the Mexican government to it's citizens, hell they don't even need to go home to do it.

Yet illegals want even more.
There is no limit to their sense of entitlement.
Luca Brasi

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2011
Linda RN BSN Spokane WA wrote:
<quoted text>
They are guilty by association. Since their parents are illegal aliens, they also came here illegally, and are also illegal immigrants.
They should not be rewarded for the crimes that their parents commited by coming here illegally.I am sorry for their situation, but the only people here who are responsible for this mess is their parents.
The Americans who aided and abetted their criminal acts, are also to blame. Allowing them to collect welfare, food stamps, health care, a public education.. the list goes on.
All at the expense of the American taxpayers! The gravy train is over. Get over it!! Go back where you came from.
They are not entitiled to any social services that are meant for legal citizens, and citizens, and that includes in state-tuition for college. Go to college in Mexico. With the US pubic education that you received on MY taxdollars, you should be a head above all of the other Mexican students in your classes.
. "Guilty by association". Please, don't embarrass yourself so badly. Please search what guilty for association means before to make the most dumb statement I have ever seem in this forum. Your position is so twisted, that you say "they can't be rewarded for their parents crimes", then I guess you agree they can't be punish for something that they didn't commit, right? Besides illegal immigrants only receive education if they are minors, and emergency care. They don't receive welfare, food stamps or anything similar. And finally, why you people make everything about mexicans. Almost 50% of the illegals are not mexican.
seabass

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Feb 6, 2011
Luca Brasi wrote:
<quoted text>. "Guilty by association". Please, don't embarrass yourself so badly. Please search what guilty for association means before to make the most dumb statement I have ever seem in this forum. Your position is so twisted, that you say "they can't be rewarded for their parents crimes", then I guess you agree they can't be punish for something that they didn't commit, right? Besides illegal immigrants only receive education if they are minors, and emergency care. They don't receive welfare, food stamps or anything similar. And finally, why you people make everything about mexicans. Almost 50% of the illegals are not mexican.
You forget they are ILLEGAL. The entire family. Should American Citizen's entering Mexico expect the same? Or any Illegal for that matter. Rather than try to force our Government to surrender to the invasion why don't you rally and try to fix the Mexican Government? And you are not correct over 50% are Mexican. Never the less it's about ALL ILLEGALS. Just about everything you said is incorrect. Stop trying to spread propaganda. Bottom line is as a Nation we have the RIGHT to enforce and establish immigration laws and policies.
Maggie

Saint George, UT

#7 Feb 6, 2011
Get real. How long would I last as an undocumented in any of the countries south of the border. I would be in jail or shot. If I would be lucky I would be deported,and they don't give a d*** about ANY children I have. Yet you want to come here illegally,take jobs,collect from my government,fly YOUR flags, gather in large groups screaming at me that I am a racist and bigoted,criticize everything about this country and it's peoples,ignore the laws,refuse to learn our language,cost us billions of dollars for education,incarceration,medica l care, and THEN want us to like you?
Dream on!!!!!!!!!! Try China,see how long you last there.You say we are supporting Egypts quest for democracy,well try Egypt ,we will include you in our good wishes.

Oh and by the way the Dream Act mght have passed if you all had not gotten clever and tried to work into it amnesty for family members and MORE financial support.

A year ago I was luke warm on the illegal issue,after studying the effects of illegals and watching you all demand rights and act hatefully to Americans you have lost the support of me and many other citizens.
Evilmonger

Evansville, IN

#8 Feb 6, 2011
You want to be like the Egyptians and hit the streets for a better life? I applaud you. Get your sorry butts down to Mexico City and DO IT!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#10 Feb 6, 2011
The system is broken, dishonest people have been in charge and the corruption is throughout.
The fix will need to be top down.
Anyone in Congress that does not respect the nations borders must be voted out.
Companies that hire illegals given a progressive fine that encourages them to conform with the law.
A state by state relocation program, self deportation encouraged.
Let INS do the job they are being paid to do.
ddd

Selinsgrove, PA

#11 Feb 6, 2011
AmberDru wrote:
Mexican nationals living illegally in the U.S. can go to college online for free!
A free college education is provided by the Mexican government to it's citizens, hell they don't even need to go home to do it.
Yet illegals want even more.
There is no limit to their sense of entitlement.
well
i don't understand all of this they say poor kids white about there are some white chidren out there that needs help but no one
wants to give them any help to them u see all the time on the tv
that they need help for college for for black fund ,and a spanish fund and a mexican fund what the heck what happened to the white fund no no what the heck and why dont the president think think about that one WHY???????
kchibrown38

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 6, 2011
Luca Brasi wrote:
This is exactly the kind of rhetoric which is killing this debate. First, the Pew Research Center has a report that mention the children and young adult whose could get a benefit through the dream act are between 300,000 to 700,000, not 2 million as this sunavo... said. Secondly "why there don't learn english", is that woman so stupid that she can't understand that those students are high academic achievement young men and women , not illiterate people. Third "why they didn't become citizens", easy, because they can't, according to the law, as long as you are illegally in the country, only for a day, you can't legalize. Fourth, this is not an amnesty. Amnesty means to pardon the person, those children didn't do anything wrong, their parents did it. The dream act only give them a chance to be legal part of a country they are already part in the best way possible.
you must not have heard sins of our fathers.
kchibrown38

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 6, 2011
Our country would not be bankrupt if we make other countries pay us for the services they use here illegal and legal they canot add to our country that is already not here I'm sorry I feel no pity on these people and their off spring I feel like I am intruding on their country does anyone speak english anymore time to close things off no more people for at least 15 years we are as americans overwelmed with immigrants of all walks of life instead of them ajusting to us we have to ajust to them and that is plan wrong can I go to their country and do that hell no cause I will not be welcomed as such.
kchibrown38

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 6, 2011
ddd wrote:
<quoted text>well
i don't understand all of this they say poor kids white about there are some white chidren out there that needs help but no one
wants to give them any help to them u see all the time on the tv
that they need help for college for for black fund ,and a spanish fund and a mexican fund what the heck what happened to the white fund no no what the heck and why dont the president think think about that one WHY???????
stop it don't be stupid the funds came from white people duh!
Mothra

Colville, WA

#15 Feb 6, 2011
Evilmonger wrote:
You want to be like the Egyptians and hit the streets for a better life? I applaud you. Get your sorry butts down to Mexico City and DO IT!
If you'll note, the reports coming from Egypt are that the protesters are mostly under 30 years old. They are motivated and taking action.

In Mexico, who is left to protest the government? The aged, the infirm, the children.

The motivated under-30 population is not there to protest.

The problems of Mexico will not change as long as the border is open to the US.

Since: Jan 11

Napa, CA

#16 Feb 6, 2011
Luca Brasi wrote:
<quoted text>. "Guilty by association". Please, don't embarrass yourself so badly. Please search what guilty for association means before to make the most dumb statement I have ever seem in this forum. Your position is so twisted, that you say "they can't be rewarded for their parents crimes", then I guess you agree they can't be punish for something that they didn't commit, right? Besides illegal immigrants only receive education if they are minors, and emergency care. They don't receive welfare, food stamps or anything similar. And finally, why you people make everything about mexicans. Almost 50% of the illegals are not mexican.
Uh, excuse me, I personally knew someone who was here illegally and was collecting unemployment insurance, even though he had a landscaping job on the side that made him more than unemployment paid him. Don't tell me they can't collect when I saw the checks he hadn't cashed yet. A liar and crook can figure out how to do anything illegally.
Anonymous

Poplar Grove, IL

#17 Feb 6, 2011
To Kchibrown: Sins of the father?
Give us a break, our fathers were too good to these people. That's why we are having this problem to begin with.
If the African Amercians think that mexicans are on their side then they are not very smart. The illegals are killing the African Americans all over this country.
We've heard talk of a revolution. Our politicians are not listening. The American people are becoming more and more angry.
Luca Brasi

United States

#18 Feb 7, 2011
seabass wrote:
<quoted text>You forget they are ILLEGAL. The entire family. Should American Citizen's entering Mexico expect the same? Or any Illegal for that matter. Rather than try to force our Government to surrender to the invasion why don't you rally and try to fix the Mexican Government? And you are not correct over 50% are Mexican. Never the less it's about ALL ILLEGALS. Just about everything you said is incorrect. Stop trying to spread propaganda. Bottom line is as a Nation we have the RIGHT to enforce and establish immigration laws and policies.
. I never said they are not illegals. I said they deserve an opportunity to stay here because they didn't ask to come here and they have assimilate here. I suggest you, if you don't know about an issue, please search, is not to hard, to say "about all illegals are mexican" is really nonsense. Check the link below: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigr... 44% of the illegal are not mexicans, that is the reason I said almost 5o%. Finally I can't go to fix Mexico because I have not business with Mexico, I am an american citizen and my country of origin is not Mexico. The only thing I agree with you is that The United States as a sovereignty nation have the right to enforce its laws. But the laws are not written in rock, the laws can be changed according with the circumstances and society's changes.
Luca Brasi

United States

#19 Feb 7, 2011
kchibrown38 wrote:
Our country would not be bankrupt if we make other countries pay us for the services they use here illegal and legal they canot add to our country that is already not here I'm sorry I feel no pity on these people and their off spring I feel like I am intruding on their country does anyone speak english anymore time to close things off no more people for at least 15 years we are as americans overwelmed with immigrants of all walks of life instead of them ajusting to us we have to ajust to them and that is plan wrong can I go to their country and do that hell no cause I will not be welcomed as such.
. And how exactly are you going to make other countries pay?
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Feb 7, 2011
You illegal apologists love to trot out the law at every turn that it benefits you, so here goes one for the other side:

They are illegal aliens, according to the law. Assimilation does not count. All we owe them is the respect of detention, due process and deportation. They deserve no more than that.
Luca Brasi wrote:
<quoted text>. I never said they are not illegals. I said they deserve an opportunity to stay here because they didn't ask to come here and they have assimilate here. I suggest you, if you don't know about an issue, please search, is not to hard, to say "about all illegals are mexican" is really nonsense. Check the link below: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigr... 44% of the illegal are not mexicans, that is the reason I said almost 5o%. Finally I can't go to fix Mexico because I have not business with Mexico, I am an american citizen and my country of origin is not Mexico. The only thing I agree with you is that The United States as a sovereignty nation have the right to enforce its laws. But the laws are not written in rock, the laws can be changed according with the circumstances and society's changes.
Armondo

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Feb 7, 2011
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Immigration Reform Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 38 min Injudgement 13,157
News Duplicitous NY Times Suddenly Enthused By State... 47 min tomin cali 1
News Paul Ryan Says U.S. Will Not Wall Off Entire Me... 47 min inbred Genius 90
News FAIR's big play: Onetime fringe group hopes to ... 59 min tomin cali 25
News Trump close to naming retired Marine general to... 1 hr tomin cali 29
News Illegal Immigration: Would you report undocumen... 1 hr Wildchild 3
News Santorum and the Messy Truth of Immigration 1 hr Wildchild 1
More from around the web